The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Sprkd1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 568350
Sprkd1 Reputation: 10
Default How does Corsair want the RMA package?

I am about to send my RAM in for the RMA. I would just like to be clear on how Corsair want the package. Do I print the address label I got from Corsair and tape it to the RAM box/packaging or do I tape it to the mail packaging? Do I have to write the RMA number on the mail package itself or will writing it on the RMA box/packaging do? Anything I am missing on? I did receive an e-mail from Corsair stating what to do but I would just like to make sure I have everything right because I don't want them to return the package to me for whatever reason.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 568423
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

In the RMA confirmation email it states directions for how to address and package the item. Just pack it so it does not get damaged in shipping and there is a link to an address label you can use, but yes thew RMA# must be on the out side of the package.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Sprkd1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570009
Sprkd1 Reputation: 10

Thanks.

I just have another question. On the instruction e-mail I got, it states that I should not send any Corsair product in a standard mailing envelope and that I should use a padded envelope or a proper fitting box. Since I have the original packaging for the RAM, can I send it in a regular envelope or do I still have to send it in a padded envelope or are these requirements only required if you do not have the original packaging?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Source284's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570175
Source284 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
In the RMA confirmation email it states directions for how to address and package the item. Just pack it so it does not get damaged in shipping and there is a link to an address label you can use, but yes thew RMA# must be on the out side of the package.
I'd go with a small box with some sort of padding to protect it. Ram is pretty tough as long as you protect it from impact. If you have the plastic containers the ram came in then put it back in those and then ship it with some padding in a box. Padded envelope might work but if it gets destroyed in route i believe its on you. Better safe than sorry.