The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > Corsair Blogs, News, and Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Obscurus
persentio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 557589
persentio Reputation: 10
Default My Vengeance M60 review

READ IT HERE!

http://p-hardwareblog.*************/2...eance-m60.html

Last edited by persentio; 02-19-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Obscurus
persentio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 557594

*UPDATE 20/2/2012:

In light of a more stable software release and Corsair documentation, final revision made to the review and verdict!

Last edited by persentio; 02-19-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
ChronSyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 557607
ChronSyn Reputation: 10

I have to disagree with the point about the finish on the sides. While i'm not a particular fan of the current one, it's much better than a smooth one. Without any texture, it'd be extremely difficult to pick up, and honestly, i'd even say that in games like Skyrim, playing an Archer and thus zooming in to get a good shot at a dragon would get uncomfortable real quickly (primary due to the mouse sliding a bit at a time until you have to put it down and reposition your hand correctly.

I also don't have any problems with the gaps at the sides but i can see how some people might. I wouldn't usually be a fan of products where you can see the inner chassis, but it works pretty well on the M60 from a design perspective.

I did get lucky (or rather, other people got unlucky) in that my M60 has no issues. Missing acceleration did surprise me as well, but it's not a big issue for me personally. I just set the DPI slightly lower to account for it. I personally run with 800-2400-5700/400 as my settings. 800 is used for general sniping purposes in BF3 and such. 2400 is used for general purpose both in games and out of games. It's also what i run with when i'm going on a jet gunrun against ground troops in BF3. 5700 is used for BF3 jet evading and turning. Sniper button at 400 is used for precision shots on both campers and slow runners, as well as for precision aiming when on a jet gunrun.

So far, the mouse has increased my proficiency in jets by a massive amount. I was already pretty competent in them using a Roccat Kone (if we're not meant to mention brand names, please edit it out and replace with "a competitors product" rather than deleting the whole post) but the extra options the M60 allows me to evade all but the absolute best fliers. It's made such a difference that now i can confidently say "If you can keep locked on me when i'm evading and speeding away, you're an enemy jet". It was with the M60 that i was first able to dodge locked AA missiles without needing flares. Of course, i'm not perfect at it, but point remains that i made the right decision in choosing my new mouse.

Likewise, and slightly offtopic from here on, but their K90 is absolutely the best keyboard i've owned. It's my first mechanical keyboard, but it seems quite apparent that despite a hiccup with the firmware (flashing it the other day caused the lights to not work, reflashing it again fixed it). Compared with my previous Microsoft Sidewinder (admittedly the WORST keyboard i've owned out of over 10 in the past 3 years), which couldn't handle 3 simultaneous keypresses properly (switching laser off + sprinting + checking scoreboard in BF3), didn't have a removable wrist-rest, and hell, didn't even have legs to lift up the back to give it an angle.

Honestly, i don't think i've ever owned a Corsair product i truly regret, at least not in any overwhelming capacity. They're still one of the only companies i can really say that about. Not their original XMS DDR memory of 2005, nor their new keyboards and mice of 2011/2012 have given me issues. As it is, i've got 4 of their Force 3 SSD's, their M60 and K90, their AX1200, and up until the middle of last year, their 800D (only replaced due to needing more space for cooling). Previously owned their DDR2, DDR, and i think i owned some of their DDR3 at one point. I'm not a fanboy per-se, more of an avid admirer of quality.

Overall though, i agree with the points you made in the conclusion. I'm somewhat a hybrid of claw grip and palm grip. This mouse is still more comfortable than my previous one, but i can see how it would be a little awkward for claw grippers after a while. One thing i am concerned about is that the texture on the top may rub off over time. It's similar to what some Razer mice use, and in previous ones i've owned, the area on the buttons rubs off after 6-12 months to reveal a completely smooth surface underneath. It's not like it slowly fades from textured to smooth, it's actually a visible edge where it's worn away.

I was surprised at the weights. Being reportedly made of aluminium, one would presume they don't add much, if any, weight to it. It's the combination of all 3 along with the securing plates that means you can choose between a standard weight, or a feather. Shame there's no heavyweight option, but then again, that's personal preference.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 557628
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:45 AM
theflarenet's PC Specs

POST ID # = 558052
theflarenet Reputation: 10

Excellent review!

Now we need a better software update!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM
ctguy1955's PC Specs

POST ID # = 560331
ctguy1955 Reputation: 10

I had used a Logitech 518 for about 8 years and then bought a RAT 7. The rat 7 was too small for my hands so I decided to go with the Corsair M60 instead. Because I cannot reach the sniper button very well ( I dont use it, because its uncomfortable to reach ) and it was the sniper button as I love to play BF3 very much, that was the reason I bought this. I end up using my Razer Nostromo keypad to slow down the sniper mode instead. I guess I would have been better off buying the Razer Imperator
as it has adjustable side buttons that would accommodate my hand size. I own Many Corsair products and really like what they produce, but this mouse has disappointed me
and now its too late for me to return it. At least I tried.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Obscurus
persentio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 562791

Made final revisions to the review!!