The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 05:42 AM

POST ID # = 502578
UncleDude Reputation: 10
Default Plan to offer 600T with internal USB 3.0?

I've been looking hard for an ideal case for my new build using an i7 2600K on an Asus P8P67 MoBo. I've pretty much settled on the 600T since it covers pretty much everything I am looking for in a case, EXCEPT the USB 3.0 connection.

I realize that up until recently there were no MoBos with internal USB 3.0 connections but that has changed. We can expect almost all newer motherboards to have the internal connectors which makes the cable poking out the back workaround unnecessary. A few other case makers have already launched cases with front USB 3.0 using internal MoBo connections.

Are there any plans in the works to offer the 600T with an internal USB 3.0 connector? If not a full case then are there any plans to offer a replacement front panel with this functionality?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 PM

POST ID # = 502922
davidcrofter Reputation: 10

I am in the same boat and holding off from buying the quite beautiful 650D - absolutely stunning case apart from the front panel usb3.0 ports. If somebody can confirm that a newer revision will appear with the usb3.0 headers or an upgrade kit is coming then I will purchase.

Just don't want to buy a completely new Z68 system and feel like something isn't quite right and I know it will niggle me ...

Any official word??
Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 AM

POST ID # = 502968
arjan Reputation: 10

You could use something like this
Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 AM
andyvee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 503001
andyvee Reputation: 10

This seems to fit the bill , just plug the leads from the front panel to it and connect to your board .

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12...ter_UC-01.html
Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 503002
Wired Reputation: 16

$20 for that little thing? Ow...
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)
Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM
andyvee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 503004

Yeah i know its a lot for a convertor , i would guess fleabay will be full of cheap chinese cables anytime soon for 99p , free post .
Old 05-21-2011, 09:32 AM

POST ID # = 503405
UncleDude Reputation: 10

That's actually pretty perfect. I figured someone would come out with something like that eventually. I spent about an hour googling around without finding one and was very frustrated over not finding one. Considering how much I've already got into this build an extra $20 to not have the cord poking out the back is totally worth it to me.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM
andyvee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 504026

As expected better options are becoming available , Bitfenix have just bought out a range of USB connectivity cables etc :-

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...-usb3-adapter/

This would be neater than the plug thing above as all the cabling would be hidden round the back of the motherboard , much tidier .
Old 05-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Corsair Tech Mktg

POST ID # = 504033
Yellowbeard Reputation: 42
Send a message via AIM to Yellowbeard

Keep in mind that there IS a reason we run our USB 3.0 cables the way we do. The bandwidth on these cables is extremely high and transfer speeds are VERY sensitive to substandard cables and connectors. Caveat emptor until there is better cable quality and standardization. Otherwise, you are risking bottlenecking your USB 3.0 device speeds.

Make friends on Facebook: XMSYELLOWBEARD
Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 AM
andyvee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 504188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Keep in mind that there IS a reason we run our USB 3.0 cables the way we do. The bandwidth on these cables is extremely high and transfer speeds are VERY sensitive to substandard cables and connectors. Caveat emptor until there is better cable quality and standardization. Otherwise, you are risking bottlenecking your USB 3.0 device speeds.
Fair advise , however i'd counter that they are supplied like this from Corsair at the time as there were not many boards with the USB 3 header whereas now all new boards are coming equipped with it .
If this was a 99p cable i would say the same but both of the options above come from decent companies so should be fine .
I would expect that Corsair would come out with something very similiar to the Bitfenix option as that would work well with all the current i/o panels .
Old 05-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Corsair Tech Mktg

POST ID # = 504229

It's not just the MOBOs and the headers on them. The cables thesmelves are the most critical part.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:07 PM
HoochShepherd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 504247
HoochShepherd Reputation: 10

Don't get me wrong, I'm ok if Corsair didn't offer a revised edition fixing this or a separate purchase accessory... But to act as though it's being done for our own good seems like a bit of a load. I'm in love with this case too, and am going to buy that Lian Li adapter some one posted... You all were one of the first to offer the usb on the front.. HAZAA~~!! But lets not act as though this set up was anything but an attempt to beat the MOBOs to the punch. Now they are there and this aspect of your case is outdated.

I realize this sounds a bit more flaming than it's meant too... Let me just through out that this case is killer, and even if I had to have the pass through I would still use this case and suggest it to others.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Corsair Tech Mktg

POST ID # = 504252

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoochShepherd View Post
But lets not act as though this set up was anything but an attempt to beat the MOBOs to the punch. Now they are there and this aspect of your case is outdated.
What part of this are you not understanding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
It's not just the MOBOs and the headers on them. The cables thesmelves are the most critical part.
Our testing has shown and is STILL SHOWING that the current options for cables and connectors are NOT allowing full unrestricted USB 3.0 transfer speeds.

Quote:
... But to act as though it's being done for our own good seems like a bit of a load.

So, we are not going to sell a product that becomes an instant bottleneck to the performance of other products. Please know something about what you talking about before making remarks like this

Old 05-26-2011, 01:33 PM
HoochShepherd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 504264
HoochShepherd Reputation: 10

So just to clarify.. You can make the cables and the ports of sufficient quality but are utterly incapable of making the cable connection that other competitors in your price range are capable of??
But more then that, I will have to admit that I do love the way you treat a long time costumer who right out said they loved the case and tells others to use it. A pass through is far from enough to make me not buy from a company, but that is.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Corsair Tech Mktg

POST ID # = 504267

Quote:
So just to clarify.. You can make the cables and the ports of sufficient quality but are utterly incapable of making the cable connection that other competitors in your price range are capable of??
But more then that, I will have to admit that I do love the way you treat a long time costumer who right out said they loved the case and tells others to use it. A pass through is far from enough to make me not buy from a company, but that is.
We appreciate that you use and recommend our cases. And believe me, we are on top of the USB 3.0 issue. This is an area where we are not going to compromise just to beat some other company to the punch on 1 aspect of case features. As noted, this cable issue is more complex than it would seem. Keep in mind that the termination of a cable going to a 10 pin jumper block is MUCH different from that of the cables we supply now. It does make a difference.

Also, if you took offense to what I said, my statement was in response to your choice of terms. I do not take kindly to people stating or insinuating that we are mistreating or deceiving our customers. It's simply not true and I want to be clear on that so that other readers do not get incorrect information from our forum.