The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Software Related (Non Corsair Questions) > Windows Server Systems

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 03:17 PM
PCCstudent's PC Specs

POST ID # = 414021
PCCstudent Reputation: 10
Default Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2

Moved this to correct Forum (we don't want to get off topic). Dugn,you say there are differences in the OS's right down to the core (or make that kernel).I will myself look today and see what I can come up with to get a grasp on the differences.

Dugn I am glad you mentioned this as I was shaking my head trying to understand why if server 2008 was available for retail sale why was there a Server 2008 R2? I just could not figure this out.

I have been running Server 2008 R2 for the past few months and now (today) I will install Server 2008 and look for differences and I will contact my instructor.

It seems like I am always the last to find this stuff out. This learning process is painful but from the pain comes progress. Thanks

I actually could not explain until now why there was a Server 2008 R2 and why it was considered "beta". This explains why some downloads from ASUS gave me a "unsupported OS version error.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
PCCstudent's PC Specs

POST ID # = 414045

Loaded my 180 day trial version Server 2008 (came with text book and not the version I will get from Microsoft) and the first thing I see is no internet access and no IIS.

Many people on net asking how to get internet access with Server 2008 trail versions.

Server 2008 R2 had not trouble with internet access and IIS (which is what I am concerned with).
Old 09-16-2009, 07:33 PM
PCCstudent's PC Specs

POST ID # = 416815

Never was able to establish Internet Access with Server 2008 trial version (not the download R2 version)the version you get with school textbooks,missing "network adapters". Will take someone smarter than me to get a trial version online.

Server 2008 is turning out to be a severe test of my knowledge (or lack of). Must study hard espicially in setting up roles and what they mean and need to bone up on file management and file sharing techniques,also RAID issues (this stuff burns my brain).

Last edited by PCCstudent; 09-20-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Know more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: