Corsair Community

PSA: VOID Wireless in Bootloader Mode and How to Recover it

Also having this same problem and the mute button plus plugging in combo is not working. Don't really have time to wait for this to drain battery and If I do end up doing this what do I have to do when the battery drains. Has anyone found a good fix yet?

From our preliminary testing, FW 35 will address most of the issues with headsets not pairing after FW updates, and all the issues with FW 33. We should have it ready by the end of next week but for those in these forums. Once this version of the FW has been approved for public release (probably this friday), I'll start PMing beta FW for those in this thread and those who have had a bad experience with our headset, so that you can start using your headsets again.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From our preliminary testing, FW 35 will address most of the issues with headsets not pairing after FW updates, and all the issues with FW 33. We should have it ready by the end of next week but for those in these forums. Once this version of the FW has been approved for public release (probably this friday), I'll start PMing beta FW for those in this thread and those who have had a bad experience with our headset, so that you can start using your headsets again.

Send that my way as soon as you can. Thanks.

Sorry for double post but this seems pretty important:

I was AFK while I left my headset plugged into my computer. After about an hour of being AFK I come back and the boom light to show battery,mute mic and stuff like that. Well it was showing battery status and I was pretty sure if the headset isn't in bootloader mode it wouldn't do that so I tried to turn it on and it worked! It asked me if I wanted to upgrade firmware again so I just said no. Not sure what happened it just started working now.

I have the same problem, i cant start my headphones, and when i connect it to my computer its does not recognise it. so pls send it also to me

Is there any fix developed yet? My headphones entered bootloader again after I plugged it in wrong..... :((

Yes, we're working on an interim fix which should resolve a lot of the issues. But I need to get it approved before I can post it here on the forums. Give it a day or two.

I also think im stuck in bootloader... CUE cant detect my device. I tried pairing it.. but when it is paired.. there is no lights and i cant see the headset in the windows sound options.I tried reinstalling the CUE, but it didnt help. I would like the new drivers. I can send my logs if needed. "Device profile (meta) for device vid=1b1c pid=1b28 not found." stuff like that is in the log. Edited by fillen

I also think im stuck in bootloader... CUE cant detect my device. I tried pairing it.. but when it is paired.. there is no lights and i cant see the headset in the windows sound options.I tried reinstalling the CUE, but it didnt help. I would like the new drivers. I can send my logs if needed. "Device profile (meta) for device vid=1b1c pid=1b28 not found." stuff like that is in the log.

Does the headset appear in CUE? Does it still have CUE functions?

We've seen that happen internally, and we believe that the way to get it to pop up in your Windows Sound options is to check for Windows updates.

I updated windows update and now i was able to see my headset in both sound options in windows and cue. i was able to flash it too. I had to restart my computer then everything worked just as normal. Thank you :)

(Im really satisfied with my headset its really comfortable and the sound is great, but this is the second major software fault i have had to experience, its such a shame :/ its feels it was released a bit early)

I've done all these steps and it never works. After I update the software both the headset and the dongle start flashing rapidly but never connect. PLEASE HELP I'VE BEEN WITHOUT A HEADSET FOR WEEKS NOW!

You'll need to pair it. If you've been trying to pair it and it won't pair, unplug the dongle and retry it. It should work if you do the pairing process correctly.

I had same problem, but finally fixed it.

I was doing everything as it said (updating firmware, pairing devices again), but it didn't want to start working or was working only when headset was connected to PC with cable and was disconnecting after 1min.

What i did different last time was to disconnect headset after firmware update and connect them to adapter to charge and then do pairing. That fixed it and headphones started working :laughing:

I haven't disconnect headphones yet, because I'm afraid they will die.

I also had one more problem, left side (where buttons are) was very hot, don't know why.

(EDIT)

I disconnected cable and connected again and again they don't work. I think i also have some battery problem, because headset dies after i disconnect them from adapter.

Edited by Hackas

seriously ? everything was working fine till you force update

now i have headset that doesn't work [ all together it have 4 days !!!!!!!! ]

thank you for fking update

great for me that i have still h1500 that WORKS

have nice day morons [ code developers ]

will not recommend to anybody any more

ps. just to give you clue - THERE IS NO FKING FORCE UPDATE, AS STUPID HEADSET DOESNT CONNECT BY USB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY ? BECAUSE SOME MORON [ CODE DEVELOPER ] FORGET TO STICK HARDWARE ID IN BOOTLOADER OF HEADSET

JUST GIVE US FREKING BOOTLOADER SOFT THAT WE CAN FIX YOUR PROBLEM

Edited by AngelMarc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've just registred to post here. I have quite simillar problem as some guys have mentioned.

Starting from beginning I've changed usb port to which my dongle was connected and it stopped being recognised by windows so I have tried to update firmware (had 1.11.85 - newest was 1.11.86). At some point (when upper bar was 100% but bottom bar was 0%) my pc froze and had to be restarted. Since then my headset seems like being powered off and when i hold power button there is no response. I have tried to reinstall CUE to older versions but it didn't help.

So I've found this topic. I tried to update firmware however when I choose option to force update from server and prompt to plug headset via usb and when I connect it nothing happens. However windows seems to install connected device (there is classic windows beep when device is connected but in device manager it is named as Unknown Device) but when I try to connect it with other usb port I see that this unknown device report Code 43.

I tried to enter bootload mode (by connecting usb cable while holding mute) but as this just occured it might take few days before battery runs out.

Btw it has been more than 2 weeks since that file should be released. When we can hope if it goes air? Unless Chris has some beta version - if so please send me it as I could try if it works. If there are any questions I'm eager to answer. If any screenshots required I can do that too.

edit: Corsair driver in Device Manager shows following error:

http://i.imgur.com/TOnIgW1.png

edit 2:

Today 30.68 Firmware was released. This time however update process passed when I have plugged my headset to PC via usb cable and update started. However unfortunately it got stuck on 100% first bar (screenshot below) for like 1 hour now.

Got any advice now?

http://i.imgur.com/GWUfNu7.png

Edited by thelilith
adding a screenshot

Tried few times and all the time it goes quite fast to 97%, then thinks a bit, goes to 98% then 100% and stucks. 2nd bar is 0% at all time

edit: I have changed usb port by which I have connected headset and it worked. Headset updated successfuly, however now windows has still some problem with driver. Device Manager shows code 52 for headset driver - which I have provided on previous post. I'm not trying to update windows. Will see if it helps.

Thanks so far!

Edited by thelilith

Wanted to update this thread as i won the Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset SE on facebook and within 2 hours yesterday i managed to lock it into bootloader mode.

I tried all the solutions in the first post even though i was on 31.00 firmware but it would not connect to the server (I now know why).

This morning Corsair had an update for firmware version 36.08 (This was why i couldnt connect i guess) and i managed to update and immediately the headset came out of bootloader mode and was able to repair with the dongle and all working now.

So in summary follow the instructions on the first post as the new firmware works (At least it does for me) MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE CUE FIRST! There has been reported issues with doing the FW first!

I know others have been waiting ages for this FW update but i want to thank you guys and corsair for the update as i only had to wait a day but without the community feedback it probably would have been a lot longer to get a fix.

So in summary follow the instructions on the first post as the new firmware works (At least it does for me) MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE CUE FIRST! There has been reported issues with doing the FW first!

I definitely agree on that. I have tried to do FW first and my update got stuck on 98% on 2nd bar. However updating CUE then FW solved problems.

How do you force the headset to power on? No matter what I try, without power on the headset, the USB connection never happens. No amount of trying other things work if the HS won't power on.

Simply put you don't as it will wake up on its own after it updates. Here is the order to do thing.

1. Update CUE

2. Go to Settings->Device.

3. Click Update firmware.

4. Click Update. (If you need to force update do so but i didnt need to)

5. Follow prompt to connect USB now.

6. Allow it to update and upon completion the headset turns on.

7. Re-Pair the headset to the dongle follow the methods in the video in the first post.

Double check in the printers and devices menu that you dont have a ! on the headset and it show AV something at the bottom. I forget what it is exactly but it explains it in the thread somewhere.

Hope this helps get you working again :)