[Guide] How to sync Asus Aura with ICue

crashniels

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is corsair looking to integrate AURA devices into iCUE? I see AURA being included now in CoolerMaster's MasterPlus+ (albeit beta and seems to do nothing yet)

Honestly I think every vendor should invest in iCUE and have all their stuff connected to a single protocol. Regardless of each controller/hub manufacturer.

iCUE should be used to detect and manage all "RGB of things" because is frankly a mess right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Does this support Trident Z RGB RAM?

Does this sync with brightness information or just RGB values?

No it doesn't support RAM yet. Asus has it in their documentation but it does not work.

Yes it can sync with brightness and RGB values. It just mirrors the Color from "Sync-LED" to your devices.

1. try running it as admin

2. try using aura 1.06.17. if you were on 1.07.xx then you are out of luck since downgrading is now only possible if you reinstall windows. (thanks asus)

3. try unblocking the zip before extracting but i guess that you dont need this as the corsair things are being detected.

I am running Aura 1.07.22 because I had problems with 1.06.17. I have not tried this yet but am interested, but not enough to reinstall Windows just to regress Aura.

Why would regressing Aura from 1.07.22 to 1.06.17 require a Windows re-install? Can't I uninstall 1.07.22, then run Aura Cleaner (which just deletes the directories AKAIK), and run CCCleaner to remove any remnants in the registry, reboot, and install 1.06.17?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Is it possible to sync an EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 using this method?

Also, I have been able to successfully use RGB sync to get my asus motherboard and g.skill trident to communicate with my Corsair LL fans, but I have only been able to control the lights using the Aura software. Is it possible to control the lights via the iCue software instead?

Thanks for your help

I am running Aura 1.07.22 because I had problems with 1.06.17. I have not tried this yet but am interested, but not enough to reinstall Windows just to regress Aura.

Why would regressing Aura from 1.07.22 to 1.06.17 require a Windows re-install? Can't I uninstall 1.07.22, then run Aura Cleaner (which just deletes the directories AKAIK), and run CCCleaner to remove any remnants in the registry, reboot, and install 1.06.17?

Thanks in advance for any info.

well asus does not seem to be able to make proper installers nor uninstallers. it doesn't uninstall the correct files and that's why it seems to work after you uninstall it with ccleaner.

Is it possible to sync an EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 using this method?

Also, I have been able to successfully use RGB sync to get my ASUS motherboard and g.skill trident to communicate with my Corsair LL fans, but I have only been able to control the lights using the Aura software. Is it possible to control the lights via the iCue software instead?

Thanks for your help

In theory yes. It would be possible to sync the other way around. But first of all, the ram won't sync since the ram part of the ASUS SDK is broken or not even there; idk what ASUS did there. They documented it as being usable with all functions but it does not work. Secondly, for some people, including me, it does not work since asus has messed up aura platform wise. z370 works for example but x470 doesn't

As for the EVGA card, probably no. EVGA doesn't have a public SDK that can be implemented.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I might be confused on this software. I thought it was to allow AURA to control Corsair devices. I used it a while ago and thought I was able to use only AURA to control the RGB but perhaps I did not dig deep enough. Can you control ASUS RGB with ICUE? I have a Rampage VI Extreme with lots of RGB.

I think I might be confused on this software. I thought it was to allow AURA to control Corsair devices. I used it a while ago and thought I was able to use only AURA to control the RGB but perhaps I did not dig deep enough. Can you control ASUS RGB with ICUE? I have a Rampage VI Extreme with lots of RGB.

It can be used both ways on the Intel boards we tested. z390 seems to be the only buggy one right now. As for AMD only x470 and b360 works and then only Aura -> ICue.

As for AMD only x470 and b360 works and then only Aura -> ICue.

The hell is an AMD B360? I think you must have meant B350 as I believe B360 is an intel "thing". If you meant B450 then I would like to chime in and disagree. I have a STRIX B450-I and this does not work. The board simply fails to show up as a device. Odd considering at the top of the first post you say;

Note 1: This probably won't work on X370 or B350 but might work on X470 and B450.

I wonder which B450 boards this does work on... Hrm.

Edited by rene mauricio

The hell is an AMD B360? I think you must have meant B350 as I believe B360 is an intel "thing". If you meant B450 then I would like to chime in and disagree. I have a STRIX B450-I and this does not work. The board simply fails to show up as a device. Odd considering at the top of the first post you say;

Oops. Yeah i meant B450.

I think someone on the Discord managed to get it to work on his board.

Are you running it as admin? Is the board the only thing that is missing or is nothing showing up at all?

If you need any help you can join us on Discord. https://fanman03.ml/dl/

The link is under the download button.

I am unable to make this run now with the latest versions of ICUE and AURA Sync. It use to work on my system. I am running it as an admin. Any recommendations?

If it does not open it is most likely an Asus Aura issue. It might be frozen "internally". And also the latest ICUE seems to have broken the Glaive RGB and the AIOs. Well that's what we noticed. ICUE 3.7.99 seems to work fine with them though. And as for Aura Asus doesn't seem to care at all.

• 3 weeks later...