Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the ability to set the lighting off or change the profile/mode when the monitor goes to sleep, and revert the change back when the monitor wakes up. Right now I use the brightness button to toggle between a profile with lighting and one without. Would love to have this automated.

Not sure if this is feasible, or even remotely possible, but a way to change certain parameters of actions (like repeat delay) while said action is being executed would be a really nice feature.

You could assign keys to increase/decrease the delay by a set amount and/or change other parameters in a similar way.

Currently, when assigning a keystroke to any key, we are limited to only 2 modifiers (e.g. Shift, Alt, Ctrl).

This means that I can assign a keystroke "Ctrl + Alt + 1" to a key, but I can't assign a keystroke "Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1" to a key.

Since I can actually press all 4 keys at once and have a game register the input, I doubt it's a hardware limitation. I presume this was a software design choice in CUE.

Therefore, I'm requesting that this functionality be added to a future release of CUE.

Thanks!

Currently, when assigning a keystroke to any key, we are limited to only 2 modifiers (e.g. Shift, Alt, Ctrl).

This means that I can assign a keystroke "Ctrl + Alt + 1" to a key, but I can't assign a keystroke "Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1" to a key.

Since I can actually press all 4 keys at once and have a game register the input, I doubt it's a hardware limitation. I presume this was a software design choice in CUE.

Therefore, I'm requesting that this functionality be added to a future release of CUE.

Thanks!

I asked for the same a while ago. As a work around for now I'm recording macros instead.

SUGGESTION:

Mode Switching -

I really want to be able to hold a key down on my mouse (Corsair or other brand) and have it switch to a different mode while pressed, but switch back when released. This functionality is supposed to work this way with a Corsair brand mouse, but with the latest CUE release seems quite broken.

I use a K95RGB and G700s (Logitech) mouse for work, and really hope that this functionality could be added so that any brand of mouse could allow a mode switch. I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing a Corsair brand mouse, but currently there are no RGB mice that offer side scroll, and none of them have enough macro buttons for me. The G700s is critical to my workflow, and I wouldn't be able to switch from using it.

One last thing to mention in this request is to clarify how this would work. I would want to be able to bind a mode switch to say the F12 key in the CUE software, and then program F12 to any of my programmable buttons on my G700s mouse.

The K95RGB currently has 18 G-keys by design. Most gamers always have one hand on the keyboard, and another on the mouse.... put the power of mode switching into any/every mouse and you've made the amount of G-keys endless by utilizing modifier capability.

SUGGESTION:

Mode Switching -

I really want to be able to hold a key down on my mouse (Corsair or other brand) and have it switch to a different mode while pressed, but switch back when released. This functionality is supposed to work this way with a Corsair brand mouse, but with the latest CUE release seems quite broken.

I use a K95RGB and G700s (Logitech) mouse for work, and really hope that this functionality could be added so that any brand of mouse could allow a mode switch. I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing a Corsair brand mouse, but currently there are no RGB mice that offer side scroll, and none of them have enough macro buttons for me. The G700s is critical to my workflow, and I wouldn't be able to switch from using it.

One last thing to mention in this request is to clarify how this would work. I would want to be able to bind a mode switch to say the F12 key in the CUE software, and then program F12 to any of my programmable buttons on my G700s mouse.

The K95RGB currently has 18 G-keys by design. Most gamers always have one hand on the keyboard, and another on the mouse.... put the power of mode switching into any/every mouse and you've made the amount of G-keys endless by utilizing modifier capability.

thats not possible unless Logitech adds support from their end.

As I have a previous thread in more detail (see: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=782050#post782050)

The ability to assign a keystroke to a mouse button that will hold (not repeat) while the mouse is held.

For example, say I have a program that has a 'Push To Talk' keystroke of "Ctrl+Win", and I'm assigning that to a side mouse button.

At this stage the only options in CUE for holding the keystroke is a toggle on/off, and that is counter-intuitive... and the other options only allow for repeats which do not function as required.

thats not possible unless Logitech adds support from their end.

Corsair cannot program their software to notice when a key is being pressed within the OS to trigger a mode switch?

If that's really the case, then please build a mouse that's half decent, cuzz all the RGB mice suck right now. NOT 1 with side scroll ability.

Corsair cannot program their software to notice when a key is being pressed within the OS to trigger a mode switch?

If that's really the case, then please build a mouse that's half decent, cuzz all the RGB mice suck right now. NOT 1 with side scroll ability.

That may have come off a little harsh. I would like to see more variety in selection when it comes to RGB mice.

Here's a new feature request that I think would be a resolve for what I need without messing with the way mode switch works:

Allow modifiers for G-Keys so that multiple macros/functions can be applied to a single G-key. So Macro-1 on G-key-1 Macro 2 on Shift(or Alt, or Ctrl)+G-key-1. I think this would make it so any mouse pressing shift or alt, or CTRL + a g-key would allow a person to put multiple macros/functions on their G-keys. Please consider it!

Thanks,

Alright so here is my suggestion.

I play FF14 and I needed the 18 G keys.

However in an MMORPG it is against the rules to have One button use multiple ability's with only pressing the button once.

For example, If I press G13 right now, the macro pushes Control + 1, Control +2, Control +3, and Control + 4. It has delays in between the buttons but they all press in sequence and all I have to do is press the G13 button once. This is against the rules.

What I would like is if you guys would allow us to be able to have multiple button presses PER button. I would like to press the G13 once, and have on ability go off and it to then switch to the next macro where I would again press G13 and have the second ability go off. Here is an example

G13 press one: control +1 goes off

G13 press two: Control+2 goes off

G13 press three: Control+3 goes off

This would make each action for the button to require a button press from me. This would not break the rules and allow me to minimize the buttons I use for my Mudras as a ninja in FF14 without having to memorize the mudras and accidentally pressing different a ability and screwing it all up.

If you guys could work on this it would be awesome. I know the logitech G11 and now G510S CAN do this. I bought this keyboard because it was an RGB but if it cant do this, its a big issue atm.

Make Actions Modular + Increase Action Capabilities

The way I envision it, is to have a list of actions you can add and elaborate on. Perhaps a list of things you can drag into the order and then edit. You could add all the current Action functionality like this. I also think that you should be able to create a Macro that can retain its original keystroke function, perhaps with a checkbox on the action.

Be able to add all of the following to an Action then edit it further within the string of events;

- Delay (Would also work as the timer)

- Macro

- Keystroke

- Text

- Shortcut

- DPI

- Mouse

- Media Control

- Sound Effect

- Lighting Effect

- Mode Switch

- Profile Switch

- Another Action

- Toggle Reactive Typing

Also be able to add modifiers like;

If WinLock, If CapsLock, etc.

Then you could create an action chain like this:

Key pressed: F12, Retain keystroke [ ]

Media_Control:Pause, Sound_Effect:Play, Lighting_Effect, Delay: 5 Seconds, Mode_Switch:Next, Media_Control:Play, If:Winlock:Sound_Effect:Play

In the 1.7x version of the software there was a Sniper setting selector under the Performance & DPI tab. It's now gone in 1.8x.

First, please bring that setting back. It is nice to have a quick and easy place to edit it. (see Clipboard1)

Second, in the Actions Editor under DPI settings, there is a place to choose how you want the sniper mode to work, Toggle or While Pressed. (Clipboard2) I'd like to see that option added to the above mentioned setting.

In the last version of the software you could select the default Sniper mode from the list of available pre-defined Actions from the drop down. That feature is gone now in 1.8x; you now have to go into Remap Key/Button and Sniper is removed from the list.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.62dcc919b68dd50a269717eef87177b3.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg.4c23adb660b6f946d37a8d538fb7a384.jpg

I've seen a few ideas scattered around the forums so I figured I would consolidate some good ones here:

--Add (or customize) more key-combos to the Lockout options (Performance screen- per-profile)

----Ex: CTRL+ESC, CTRL+ALT+ESC, ALT+ESC, CTRL+ALT+DEL, etc

--Per-profile option for 16.8M color option (rather than globally applying it) - useful for static profiles versus animated ones (could also be added to the Performance screen)

--Toggle Indicator option for mute button to display mute on/off status

----Additional toggle indicators for Capslock, numlock, scroll lock - would be nice if each of those keys could change color to indicate state.

--Auto-Detection of installed applications - this way we don't have to dig through folders to find the game EXE - Ideally, this would scan Steam, Origin, GoG, etc game libraries as well

Edited by haz_mat