Corsair Community

Very frustrated with K55 keyboard right now...

yellowblanka

i dont want to tempt fate here but my k55 has been working perfectly since i saw a fix on another thread.

it suggested holding fn + alt + f4 and the keyboard would flash twice.

i did this around 3 weeks ago and havent experienced any problems since after 2 years of constant problems with games taking ages to load, steam failing to open and the caps and num lock lights failing to work.

EDIT: heres the thread i got the fix in...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1007158#post1007158

Edited by DavieWeegie

We'll I've found another issue with this keyboard.

As it turns out, neither Ace Combat 7 nor Sekiro will even start if this keyboard is plugged in.

I've tried all the usual troubleshooting BS with reinstalling and drivers.

I bought this as a backup keyboard as it was fairly cheap, but I wish I'd kept the receipt. I won't be purchasing anymore Corsair products in the future, because a KB causing software issues in 2019 is unacceptable.

Did you try flashing the K55 keyboard with the older firmware that Corsair gave me? I've linked to it in this post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1004274&postcount=38

This fixed all my problems.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you try flashing the K55 keyboard with the older firmware that Corsair gave me? I've linked to it in this post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1004274&postcount=38

This fixed all my problems.

This actually worked for me too. But then the K55 went into a connect-disconnect-loop in iCUE. I had to manually download an older version of iCUE (you can change the actual link that Corsair provides to a version of your liking) and then it worked. It's not a solution though, because the old firmware + software might get incompatible with future Win10 Updates.

I couldn't fix the issue, Corsair couldn't as well. They said, they would exchange the keyboard if they couldn't fix it, but just closed my ticket and didn't answer anymore. I bought a Logitech keyboard now - which works perfectly fine. I'll have to return the keyboard via Amazon, since Corsair didn't help me.

Are all of you on windows 10 and using icue?

Other than my scroll lock light not working I am not having these issues but I am on w7 64 and never installed icue because all reviews say icue causes serious issues with this k55.

TBH this whole experience and lack of corsair doing anything in these forums have me thinking I will not be buying or recommending corsair in any of my future PC builds anymore.

• Corsair Employee

Hello everyone,

While we have had reports of these issues with the K55, we have not been successful in reproducing the issue in house. We've used multiple different firmware versions, lot codes, and even did Failure Analyst with some customers having them send in their faulty unit to see if we could replicate this. I've been reaching out to customer to provide us with logs to see if it's a USB driver communication issue with certain Chipset or drivers out their but we haven't seen enough similarities. If you are still having the issue and haven't replaced you unit with a new K55 please PM me.

Hello everyone,

While we have had reports of these issues with the K55, we have not been successful in reproducing the issue in house. We've used multiple different firmware versions, lot codes, and even did Failure Analyst with some customers having them send in their faulty unit to see if we could replicate this. I've been reaching out to customer to provide us with logs to see if it's a USB driver communication issue with certain Chipset or drivers out their but we haven't seen enough similarities. If you are still having the issue and haven't replaced you unit with a new K55 please PM me.

From my testing the issue with the latest firmware only occurs on my X99 system under Windows 10 while under Ubuntu Linux it's fine. My old X58 system is fine under both Windows 10 and Linux using the latest firmware.

The old firmware which I have linked in this thread fixes the issue under Windows 10 on my X99 system.

I have CSM disabled in the UEFI on my X99 system which means I am running in a pure UEFI mode, Secure Boot is also enabled.

Obviously the X58 system doesn't have a UEFI or secure boot so is running in legacy BIOS mode.

This actually worked for me too. But then the K55 went into a connect-disconnect-loop in iCUE. I had to manually download an older version of iCUE (you can change the actual link that Corsair provides to a version of your liking) and then it worked. It's not a solution though, because the old firmware + software might get incompatible with future Win10 Updates.

I couldn't fix the issue, Corsair couldn't as well. They said, they would exchange the keyboard if they couldn't fix it, but just closed my ticket and didn't answer anymore. I bought a Logitech keyboard now - which works perfectly fine. I'll have to return the keyboard via Amazon, since Corsair didn't help me.

I'm glad it worked for you as others tried it and it said 'update failed' for them. I've been using the old firmware and it hasn't given me any problems and I'm not sure a Windows update would be likely to do so.

• 1 month later...

I registered here just to let everyone know that I was able to resolve the conflict between my K55 and Steam and my Xbox One controller by downgrading the firmware to v.10.18 (K55_APP_v1018), but now the left shift key inserts a pipe symbol ("|"). I cannot seem to find a way to rebind the key through the iCue control panel, or fix this binding issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I resort to trying a 3rd party keybinding app (short of throwing this piece of garbage through the window)?

Thanks

EDIT: I seem to have resolved the problem, or at least it's working for now. At first I tried remapping the key using Travis Krumsick's KeyTweak tool, but that had no effect - using the left shift key typed a pipe symbol - "|". I also used iCue to record a macro action for the left shift key to press and release the right shift key, but that did not change anything. So I updated the firmware through iCue (it was originally v. 30.60, downgraded to v. 10.18, then back to v. 30.60), and now it's working. I can use the left shift key now without it typing "|", and use my Xbox one controller at the same time (specifically to play Rocket League through Steam).

This has been a huge issue for me because I just bought a brand new Thrustmaster T300RS GT racing wheel - and the wheel worked fine when I first set it up - but then I added the K55 and it caused my wheel to self-calibrate when it wasn't supposed to, and the wheel broke...stopped powering on entirely! This is not to say that it's entirely Corsair's fault that the TM failed completely after an unexpected recalibration, but it was certainly caused by the K55 conflict. Now I have to exchange my wheel for a new one and pray that the same thing does not occur. If it does, there can be no doubt that I will never use another Corsair product again.

Edited by Cascadence
Update

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here and no Fix worked for me. Got an MSI Z97 Gaming 3 MoBo and Win 10. Ive got the 9c Error after the first time, i plugged in the K55 Keyboard.

Cold Boot: Stock on Error 9c. Pushing Reset while in Error will boot Win as normal.

Restart from Win: Will boot in Win as normal.

For Test, i downgrade the Firmware as mentioned in the Forum. Still Error 9c on Cold Boot.

I Upgrade the Firmware again to 30.08. Still c9 Error.

I disconnected my XBox 1 Controller Dongle. Still c9 Error.

I deinstalled EveryHere USB Driver (to share usb devices in my network). Still c9 Error.

Trying to repair the Installation of ICue. Still c9 Error.

Reinstall ICue. Still c9 Error.

Hope there is a Fix soon. Its not that hard to hit the reset Button at the first cold Boot, but that could be a mess for my Hardware?! Didnt try to play with my Controller or even my x55 Hotas yet, since i play thoose Games not that often.

Edited by NicOnAcid

• 4 weeks later...

I had to make an account just to share my experience with you guys.

I've been a PC user since 1996, I use both MS Windows and a few different linux distros(mostly arch), I sort of know my way around a PC when I need to fix something.

Anyway, with linux it sort of works with very limited functionality but whatever, didn't do much research before purchasing it but I knew it was going to be like it, under windows tho...

I have been struggling with this ...device since august 2018, same issue as you guys, both with xb360 or xb1 controllers and logitech mouse (g502). This kb makes my games randomly hang on startup and I have to unplug it and keep it unplugged while I play with said games (games like dark souls 1 - 2 -3, bulletstorm - either the old version or the remaster, PES2018 - 2019 and 2020 to name a few). Also messes with the windows gamepad setting tool and it freezes until I unplug the PoS. This happens with their software installed, without it, even on an "untainted" windows installation (as in, I reinstalled win from scratch without installing the corsair software in order to keep the machine free from their low quality software products). Still no joy. I am a paying customer, I should not have to deal with such bs.

What fixed the issue for me was unplugging it, going in my workshop room, smashing it with a hammer and then leaving the device (or what was left of it)where it belonged in the first place, the trash can. I know it's not a very environmental friendly approach but I could not see any other way to fix it. Thankfully you can find better keyboards from other brands for the same price range and they will work without this dumb issues. What a joke of a company, wasted £50 on this PoS. I will make sure that every one that I know that is interested in gaming pc hardware avoids this brand as hard as I can. Not only I will not give them any money, I will actively do as much as I can to prevent other people giving you any money whatsoever. Glad I got free of the problem. I would advise anyone with this issue to seek for a refund and buy a kb from any other company.

Edited by jasonbecker

this man speaks the truth ^

complete waste of money this keyboard, so many problems, like above i suffer from the windows controller screen freezing so i cannot adjust my G29 settings, i suffer game hangs on startup when any other controller is plugged in, i suffer the caps lock light being stuck on, icue shows i have a firmware update for it but it fails and then disappears from icue so i need to get up and under my desk to pull it out and plug it back in.

utterly sick of it wish id stuck to logitech tbh. spent over £1000 on all my corsair products and this keyboard and the support for it really let it all down.

• 6 months later...

Had to register to tell you all that I'm still having this issue in 2020 with no fix from Corsair. All I do is just unplug the junk keyboard when games fail to start. And it's about every game that uses USB controllers. I've just gotten used to it, but I am laughing at how some people literally are blowing up their keyboards due to this.

I realized I have a lot of Corsair products on this rig (liquid cpu cooler, RAM, keyboard/mouse) but I will never again buy a Corsair keyboard, that is for sure! I also tell anyone that uses computers to stay away from their keyboards as well. Everything else works great.

I still like the feel of the keyboard and typing on it so I haven't replaced it yet. The LED and iCue features are kind of neat as well, but probably not going to worry about replacing them and will probably just buy a keyboard that doesn't need any software to run.

• 1 month later...
More than 2 years later and this problem still persists.. anyone have any ideas? I am getting a little tired of reaching behind my PC to unplug/replug this thing when I launch games. I have noticed it in all 3 Dark Souls, and then it did it to me in TheHunter as well.

More than 2 years later and this problem still persists.. anyone have any ideas? I am getting a little tired of reaching behind my PC to unplug/replug this thing when I launch games. I have noticed it in all 3 Dark Souls, and then it did it to me in TheHunter as well.

Make hardware profiles suiting your needs and uninstall iCUE afterwards, problem solved.

I know this is limited to how many you can store on the device, but that is what I did after getting fed up with how iCUE's background services behave even when the program itself isn't loaded.

Edited by Mineria

• 2 months later...
Make hardware profiles suiting your needs and uninstall iCUE afterwards, problem solved.

I know this is limited to how many you can store on the device, but that is what I did after getting fed up with how iCUE's background services behave even when the program itself isn't loaded.

The problem occurs even without having icue installed