Corsair Community

The Official Corsair Carbide 540 AIR Owners and Builds Thread

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing fancy but here's mine.

nice,always good to see the 540 getting exposure as it looks like corsair really produced a case alot of people have been wanting

tight on that push/pull,,why didnt you mount the fans on the outside of the case frame?

Edited by Technobeard
corrected the quote

nice,always good to see the 540 getting exposure as it looks like corsair really produced a case alot of people have been wanting

tight on that push/pull,,why didnt you mount the fans on the outside of the case frame?

I didn't think about that because there was plenty of room.

Very nice gold accent Jimbo? On a scale of 1-10, how much work was it to do this? I'm thinking others might interested.

Probably a 2.

Once you remove those two panels (which are designed to come off easily) you just need to remove the metal grills* to be painted. The top one comes off very easy but the front one takes a little more work (there is a piece behind the Corsair logo that makes it a little bit of a challenge). Once removed, I used the same paint that I used on the fan rings. after that I put on two coats of glossy clear coat (bought at Home Depot and used for cars).

*The grills are held on by 4 screws and plastic tabs.

Edited by Jimbo64
  • Like 1

Here is a shot of my Air540 build I did recently.

I really love the case, being able to stick the PSU in the backside and not having to do any real cable management to make it look clean is awesome.

The airflow and ability to toss a couple of radiators in the front and top is a big plus.

Adding a fan controller to it really helps being able to turn the fans down for everyday use and back up for more intensive use.

It would be nice to have some SP140s for the radiator and front of the case. ;):

One small issue is only having two 3.5" mounts but that's something relatively easy to deal with.

I've already been thinking about a few ways to add more drives to the backside of the case and I've seen what a few people have came up with on other forums.

The case did come with a small scratch in the middle of the panel, I didn't really fret too much over it until I moved desks around and now the lights in the room and case(I had a couple of old blue cold cathodes in it for fun) really highlight it. I had the window facing the wall so I wasn't constantly gazing at the window until the past few weeks.

I filled out a RMA request for my H110 intel backplate with standoffs that spun and chewed away some plastic and added the windowed panel to the request in hopes that they would be able to deal with that too.

I'm hoping they will take care of me like they've always done. ::pirate::

Corsair Air 540 with Corsair HX520w PSU

i5 4670k at 4.4ghz 1.16v with Corsair H110 cooler

Gigabyte Z87x UD3H

2x4gb of Patriot Viper 3 LP DDR3 9-9-9-24 1600 1.5v

MSI GTX 670 2gb OC

Asus Xonar Essence STX

Intel 80gb X25m G2

2 x 2TB Western Digital Green EARX

LG DVDRW

Bitfenix Recon Fan controller

http://i.imgur.com/YiWngrcl.jpg

I'm no where near done with this build so I'll have to post some more pictures later on.

I've since added an older aftermarket GPU cooler I had laying around onto my GTX670. I'm not really happy with the cooling results from it but the noise level is a lot lower.

I'm planning on modding a closed loop cooler to the GTX 670 in the near future, thinking about something like the H55, H70 or maybe even the 140mm H90!

When I do I'll be sure to post back with a few more pictures and the results. :D:

• Like 1

Probably a 2.

Once you remove those two panels (which are designed to come off easily) you just need to remove the metal grills* to be painted. The top one comes off very easy but the front one takes a little more work (there is a piece behind the Corsair logo that makes it a little bit of a challenge). Once removed, I used the same paint that I used on the fan rings. after that I put on two coats of glossy clear coat (bought at Home Depot and used for cars).

*The grills are held on by 4 screws and plastic tabs.

Here's the underside of the top grill. There are four screws and some plastic tabs to hold the metal part in place.

http://i61.tinypic.com/295poc9.jpg

Anyway, here are the final pics (until I water cool my GPU) of my case, now that I got my fan controller (old one wouldn't fit):

http://i62.tinypic.com/ipcmxc.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/4vijjp.jpg

I really like the black and gold theme going on but I agree with it being a bit silly to replace perfectly good faster specced ram just for the colour of the heat-spreaders.

I do think that some gold ram would really look good in that build, maybe use the rest of that rattle can on the heatspreaders and just hope gskill still accepts them if they blow up. :P:

I guess black would look good in there too, in a stealthy kind of way.

Hehe, you're running four SSDs in that now? Nice!

Your build is looking great by the way.

I'm looking into adding a 840 evo 250gb to my build along with a new HX850 Gold over the next week.

That will free my 80gb intel and hx520 up to toss into the other Corsair case build I'm working on. :biggrin:

I'm tempted to go for one of the 500gb models but I just can't afford it along with a PSU right now.

The fact that the 500gb class drives are now dipping below $300 means we are getting closer and closer to just having solid state storage all around.

haha, yeah.

I just came back from the store with a HX850 80+ gold psu and got a deal on a Crucial M500 240gb just to hold me over.

It was $50 cheaper for the M500 right now in Canada compared to the 840 evo so I'm just going to put that towards some other stuff.

Hopefully the next SSD I buy will be in the TB range a year or so from now!

My next planned purchase is going to be another GTX 670 2gb as I found one for under $200.

I'll be pairing it up with my current GTX 670 that I stole a month back for $100! For a total investment of $300 that will be hard to beat in raw performance.

haha, yeah.

I just came back from the store with a HX850 80+ gold psu and got a deal on a Crucial M500 240gb just to hold me over.

It was $50 cheaper for the M500 right now in Canada compared to the 840 evo so I'm just going to put that towards some other stuff.

Hopefully the next SSD I buy will be in the TB range a year or so from now!

My next planned purchase is going to be another GTX 670 2gb as I found one for under $200.

I'll be pairing it up with my current GTX 670 that I stole a month back for $100! For a total investment of $300 that will be hard to beat in raw performance.

Kind of a bad call there. I know the guys at canada computers pretty well and they advised me against the m500 as they have more prob with them than any other ssd. So I got the one in my specs instead for same price.

From all I've read and have seen over the past 8 months or so the M500 is one of the top recommended drives alongside the 840 evo and 840 pro.

The guy at Canada Computers that took it out of the case for me mentioned he uses the same drive and he loves it.

So I guess opinions can differ all over the place. :P

Until I have problems with it I'm happy with the purchase, and now I can get my other Corsair case built up and running with my old intel ssd and hx520 psu.

Hello everyone. This is my first post here to the Corsair forums. I arrived here after posting a pic of my new Corsair 540 case to the Corsair Facebook page and they recommended I check out this thread.

I really love the clean look with the hidden PSU and cable management. With the Corsair Enthusiast TX750 PSU there are just so many cables that the bundles look sloppy in a normal case.

I want to show my previous case and how sloppy everything looked prior to switching to the Corsair 540 Cube.

1622337_743151675703075_708427718_o.jpg

Now with the new case the only thing I changed was the case (obviously) and the GPU ...

1557227_743151672369742_32745477_o.jpg

Everything now looks so amazingly clean. My next set of plans are to add a Corsair Hydro Series H110.

• Like 1

I want to show my previous case and how sloppy everything looked prior to switching to the Corsair 540 Cube.

Now with the new case the only thing I changed was the case (obviously) and the GPU ...

Everything now looks so amazingly clean. My next set of plans are to add a Corsair Hydro Series H110.

yep most clean on the main side but what does the chamber side look like?;):

im working on a neat way to hide even that...

• Confused 1