Corsair Community

Corsair Glaive double click bug (like m65)

captainzero

Hello Corsair,

I have the corsair glaive mouse and its seems to have inherited the famous m65 double click bug.

I have already had 2 glaives in two months and both have this problem, the left mouse button clicks two times (not regular but couple of times in a few hours).

The other mouse famouse brand doesnt have this problem on my pc.

Both mouses have had this problem on different computers,

with or without CUE software.

Any ideas where this problem comes from?

Are the omron switches no good?

Hope you can shed some light on the situation.

Regards,

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both times I returned the mouse to the shop.

First time when I returned it they send me a new mouse but did not encounter the double click bug.

Second time they said they could not find the problem and returned the same mouse.

But Iam sure the problem is with the mouse, when I right click a link in google search and then press left mouse button to click "open in new tab" it opens in a new tab and it opens the link that I right clicked on.

I also used the unixpapa testmouse page and this also gives me the,

mousedown, mouseup, click, and the dblclick.

But the problem is that it isnt occuring a lot of times in 1 evening.

First couple of times I tought what is happening, am I going crazy.

Then when I started to pay attention to it, it got to me.. its the mouse :(

Called the reseller today for the RMA of the second mouse.

I can send it back, they told me they send the first mouse to corsair.

And corsair said the first mouse had a defect, didn't tell what the defect was but that it was a defect.

So I can return the second mouse and have a credit for it.

If any one encounters this problem send it back and get a replacement or a credit, my bet is that the first batch does have a fault like the m65.

I woukd suggest to wait a couple of months before you get this mouse so corsair can get the problem batch out of the way.

Topic can be closed

• 1 month later...

I picked up this mouse along with a K95 Platinum earlier this week. (monday actually).

The mouse started double clicking 2 days ago (Wed) and has gotten down right obnoxious.

You implied this was a bad batch so, since I got mine frome Frys, I'm just going to return it and perhaps replace it with an entirely different mouse.

I've had similar problem with my Glaive. Just after two weeks it started to have the same and very annoying double click problem. Latest firmware and drivers. The problem is directly with OMRON switches, probably with springing effect.

I've been able to completely fix double click issue by disassembling the whole mouse, opening left OMRON switch and performing cleaning + slight bending the metal plate towards the top (not the "tongue", only the plate) with wooden toothpick. There are guides on the net how to open OMRON switches and perform such bending, but with Glaive there is no need to bend it as much as shown there.

It was quite precision work and requiring lots of patience, but after one whole week of tests there are no more double clicks. Before, I couldn't even drag and drop files on desktop normally. Now it works like it should be from the start. I didn't wanted to play with RMA just to receive another faulty unit. Fixing it by myself was more exciting and rewarding (satisfaction).

=======

TLDR: Double click issue. Don't waste your time with FW or drivers. OMRON switches are the culprit. Disassembled the mouse and faulty switch. Switch cleaned and slightly bend towards the top. Problem solved and no more 2-clicks after whole week of testing.

I've had similar problem with my Glaive. Just after two weeks it started to have the same and very annoying double click problem. Latest firmware and drivers. The problem is directly with OMRON switches, probably with springing effect.

I've been able to completely fix double click issue by disassembling the whole mouse, opening left OMRON switch and performing cleaning + slight bending the metal plate towards the top (not the "tongue", only the plate) with wooden toothpick. There are guides on the net how to open OMRON switches and perform such bending, but with Glaive there is no need to bend it as much as shown there.

It was quite precision work and requiring lots of patience, but after one whole week of tests there are no more double clicks. Before, I couldn't even drag and drop files on desktop normally. Now it works like it should be from the start. I didn't wanted to play with RMA just to receive another faulty unit. Fixing it by myself was more exciting and rewarding (satisfaction).

=======

TLDR: Double click issue. Don't waste your time with FW or drivers. OMRON switches are the culprit. Disassembled the mouse and faulty switch. Switch cleaned and slightly bend towards the top. Problem solved and no more 2-clicks after whole week of testing.

Excuse me man, can u tell me/us how to open the Corsair Glaive?? Or doing some tutorial on how to fix this annoying problem, please!!

Opening Glaive is a bit troublesome, since all four main screws are hidden under the largest slide pads. Once they have been peeled off, it will not be possible to glue them exactly as they were before. I can't see them anywhere to buy as a spare part and my mouse was opened twice already (for two different fixes to try one after another) so they are already in not good shape. If I could buy them separately, I could try to make more precision tutorial. Be advised that once your mouse is opened, you are doing everything on your own risk and probably void your warranty.

The main problem is that you have to deal with very cautious disassembling process, including unplugging the communication tape, taking off scroll wheel and removing entirely one of the PCBs. Everything is made very tight. Once you take the main top cover of your mouse off (unscrew four mentioned screws and push the cover forward for releasing two hooks under both left and right mouse buttons), you should be able to figure out most of this process. I believe M65 is easier to handle than Glaive.

For the switch alone, the one used by Glaive is omron-d2fc-f-k-50m. You can open it with nail and/or toothpick:

sPKbmfx.jpg

Once you have it opened, clear it first and then gently bend up the main plate with mentioned toothpick and then prepare for bending it up. Put the toothpick like I did on this photomontage:

kFhVOLu.jpg

The bend should be really minimal. In my case it was something like this:

ZXXnb2I.jpg

The feeling of this switch while working can be a little different after you put it all back together, but it shouldn't be more than 5% of a difference. Anyway, that was my way to fix Corsair Glaive double click problem.

Very good general tutorial you can find on polish site named Test Gear: http://www.test-gear.pl/poradniki/mikroprzelaczniki-rodzajenaprawawymiana/

You can use Google Translator. I've used parts of their photos only to show you how to do it in our case.

Hope it helps.

Edited by EvilKillaruna

Thanks @Corsair James for posting an update. Are you guys sure the problem was with FW, not hardware? Since I've opened my Glaive and did the mod described above, my issues gone completely. I've been using my Glaive all the time, in game and graphics applications such as Photoshop, Painter or CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. No more double clicks and no CUE/FW updates performed since then (the app is not even installed right now).

My Proteus Spectrum is developing this. Its early stage so its not unusable yet, but when it does get bad enough I was looking into getting a Glaive to compliment by K70 LUX RGB (my pride and joy peripheral). So I was saddened to see that a double-click issue was very prevalent early into ownership for a lot of users. If it is actually a FW issue and not faulty switches, I'll be much more comfortable jumping on board once my current mouse tanks.

Unless of course the tutuorial above would fix my current mouse. I always knew of the procedure but most called on removing the plate entirely, at which point I could never, EVER get it back on. If the toothpick method works without outright removal, that'd be cool.

But I do have a hankerin' for the Glaive either way... :)

Keep me posted!

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to test it out, but I did get a couple brief sessions in this weekend. There may have been one time when it happened, but other than that everything has appeared to be good. I specifically tried to get it to happen for about 5 minutes which would've definitely reproduced the problem before and nothing.

It's looking very promising, and I'll post again once I have more time to try it out this week.

• 4 weeks later...
The firmware doesn't fix issue entirely. It's better but still problem exist and it's very easy to reproduce by not just clicking left mouse button but clicking and holding down the button, instead of single click it goes click, click, click or it holds single click for a time, release it for 1 sec and hold again. It's frustrating when draging files or folders you can sometimes drop it in the wrong folder and look for it for a while :) It's my second mouse after 1st was RMA after just 1 week after purchase with the same problem. On this one problem appeard after a month. I'm waiting for 1.05 firmware and if this one doesn't help I'm RMA it again. Hope the new revision is also out :(

+1. Firmware patch helps a bit but doesn't entirely fix it. Still waiting for a new firmware to fix it completely as per pawlakbest's comment. I only had the click + hold + drag file/folder issue a few times, the double clicking is more of an issue for me. My mouse also had trouble being detected upon boot I think 2 or 3 times, easy fix though, just unplug and plug in again.

Awaiting the new batch of Glaive mice that completely fixes this double clicking issue - its a truly wonderful mouse, my favourite mouse by far in recent years. The shape and size is just amazing.

• 1 month later...
Having the same problem as well. Was playing Hearthstone when I noticed the my leftclicks didn't drag the cards when I initially picked it. Texts would occasionally highlight when I single click on it, leading me to suspect that I have a mouse problem. Went to search a mouse click test sites like this (http://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html) and can confirm that my single clicks would register as doubles. Updating to the latest firmware didn't help.

I just had my 2nd Glaive RMA'd and I recieved 3rd new mouse. When on 1st mouse double-click happened after 1 week, 2nd after 1 month on 3rd it's day 1. With previous 2 mouses maybe I just didnt noticed it right away cause i wasn't expecting it from new mouse.

At this point I'm pretty convinced it's just Corsair firmware problem and not Omron switches.

I remember previously with my Razer Deathadder that double-click appeard after 2 years of using the mouse (also with Omron switches), I asked the support for help and even though my warranty was over they gave me "special" firmware that wasn't available on their site and it actually fixed it for another 2 years. But after 4 years when double-click appeard again there was no more magical firmware to fix it cause mouse lost it's support.

Lets hope Corsair can fix this with 1.05 firmware or sth.

The firmware doesn't fix issue entirely. It's better but still problem exist and it's very easy to reproduce by not just clicking left mouse button but clicking and holding down the button, instead of single click it goes click, click, click or it holds single click for a time, release it for 1 sec and hold again. It's frustrating when draging files or folders you can sometimes drop it in the wrong folder and look for it for a while :) It's my second mouse after 1st was RMA after just 1 week after purchase with the same problem. On this one problem appeard after a month. I'm waiting for 1.05 firmware and if this one doesn't help I'm RMA it again. Hope the new revision is also out :(

With a little more time under my belt, I can confirm that's my experience. It's better but not resolved.

Any new firmware in the works Corsair?

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue with Glaive and it sometimes creating a double click randomly. We are currently testing a firmware to address this issue. Go ahead and give it a try here (you can download and update through CUE by browsing to the .APP).

With a little more time under my belt, I can confirm that's my experience. It's better but not resolved.

Any new firmware in the works Corsair?

Number on their testing firmware is 104 and so is the one available through CUE but i'm guessing it's not the same. But if they say they are aware of the issue and they are still testing I hope 1.05 is in the making and hopefully it

fixes all issues.