Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

Sneaky!!!,, just opened my door and stuck my fingers under there!!.. WOW lol.. loads of room.. :). might prove useful that!. i have 5 drives in mine atm mind....

I discovered all that room, I think it was Tuesday. Those hubs moved in like 5 minutes later. I literally use nothing but NVME drives any longer so hd cages make great storage areas for me now.

Did this latest ICue build just mess up all your lighting effects for wallpaper engine. Example: The two nodes in the front. Node one used to control the left four and the other node the right four. Now one channel controls all 8 fans...even though they are on different nodes. The regular commander pro (2nd one) I had the back to fans start with wallpaper engine and the louder it got, it moved on up to the other three fans on the top, now the top fans and exhaust fans are working at the same time. If I wasn't already banned from the corsair discord, I would be after today venting. I'm so irate that I can't even see straight. Wire up a system to work correctly, then they go around and mess things up again. In addition Edited by mrgooden

hey bud... didnt know you was banned :( what happened?. you helped loads of people! dang...

and no issues to report here.. all works as it did on the last version.,, i had a wallpaper engine update yesterday.. that went ok...

just fired up the wifes pc and all is good there too.. strange things are afoot for you :(

I'm so irritated. Everything was fine until I updated Icue. Yea, the mods didn't like anyone calling them out imho. So after I was silenced, I gave their bot a few choice words. If those bots are like old bots they forward msgs.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your diagram zotty helped me out a bunch on my build. I've had one issue though with daisy chaining the LED strips to the case lights. iCue seems to think the case lights are LED strips and vice versa. I thought maybe I went the wrong way with it but I couldn't find another header. Did I miss something?

I'm not sure a screenshot will help in this case so I'll attempt to clarify a bit. So you know how in the iCue software there is a "Chassis Lighting" section in the lighting controls? This section is controlling the last part of my daisy chained LED strips. The actual 'chassis lighting' is controlled under "Lighting Channel 2" together with the first part of the LED strips. I didn't use as many LED strips as in your diagram, could that be why?

ok that helps...... maybe.. ish... here goes...

Does the Commander Pro appear as the 1000D in iCUE? rather than as a normal Commander Pro?

the Chassis lighting should be plugged into channel 1 on the 1000D Commander Pro.....

if Lighting Channel 2 is applying effects to the Sails and Front IO lighting... its plugged into the wrong channel

how do you have the 1000D Copro Set up?.... you know about the chassis lighting Pass through hanging at the front of the case? which is indeed Channel 1.. so in iCUE its counted like this....

Chassis lighting is sails logo (4 LEDs)... front IO (18 LEDS).. this passes through from the front IO to give you Lighting Channel 1......

this is the pass through..http://i.imgur.com/hANkZEYl.jpg

so cable wise... it goes from Channel 1 on 1000D Copro to sails logo.. from sails logo to front IO... from Front IO to Strips or an RGB Fan LED Hub..... that make sense?

Edited by Zotty

the more i read your post the more confusing it gets..

I think i would disconnect all the strips and fans (rgb side of things).. make sure chassis lighting is plugged into channel 1 in correct order.. sails then Front IO.... then head into iCUE... into Chassis Lighting.... whats happening?

I will share with you my build in this case. I have 2 commander pro 3 node pro, 8 rgb light strips, 10 120mm hd rgb fans, and 5 140mm hd rgb fans. it took me 8 hours of rewiring in series to get all the lights to work, your second commander pro should be plugged into the usb output of your first. i learned that part, the case led need to be plugged into the first commender pro then a series of 2 or 4 fans after the case, one lighting node pro must have 6 fans on it, the second commnder pro should have another node pro with remaining lights and the second led port on the cammander pro should have your lighting node that came with your rgb lighting strips 4 in port one and 4 in port two.

you will have to play around with the fan plugs to get them in order properly.

icue will only show one commander pro and one node pro, the second commander that shows will actually be the 1000d case. the graphic is off in the app. link to pc pic. https://imgur.com/a/0KCeoH0

0KCeoH0

Edited by Deathross

Hey Deathross. maybe my diagram would help people to see what you are saying....

http://i.imgur.com/AUTbNFBl.png

Hello Zotty Like the diagram and i am using it to build my wifes "Pimp her ride" PC. Lots of fans to go in one problem i am finding is that we have all 120mm fans x 16 as i am changing out the 3 fans on her H150i cpu cooler. Trying to figure out how to mount the cooler to the 3x 140mm tray as i can not find nowhere to get a 4 x 120mm fans. Looked in Canada, USA and the UK sites.

Any tips would help if anyone has mounted this cooler on the 3 x 140mm tray. Wish the Obsidian 1000d came with a option when we bought the case to switch out different trays at the time of order. I know this case was built for mostly liquid cooling with rads.

Zotty. love your diagram. Made it a lot simpler.

Think I'm doing something wrong tho. I mean everything powers up all lights etc. But still getting a bit unsynced on the upper left of the front IO. Which is weird.

Commander pro 1000D LED 1 ---> 5 RGB Strips ---> Then Sail ---> Then to front IO. However, this is not in use. Which you mentioned was a passthrough. How would I use this? do I need to?

https://imgur.com/a/JgkIy0a

Edited by danoz0r