Corsair Community

Memory rank of Vengeance LPX 2x16GB?

mjf196

Hi,

Does anyone know if this RAM is single or dual rank?

Vengeance LPX 2x16GB

CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

rev 5.39

There is nothing on the label or Corsair's website that I can see that tells me and I don't want to remove the heat spreader so I can inspect the chips. I can see from looking at it is dual-sided and has 16 chips (8 per side). I think its single ranked because the 2x8GB modules have 8 chips and have read they are single-ranked but that is not conclusive.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by mjf196

Until higher density memory ICs become available all Corsair kits consisting of 16GB modules should be dual rank built from sixteen 8Gbit ICs.

And in your case with Ver5.39 that's most likely 8Gbit Hynix MFR.

Edited by emissary42

Wow thanks red-ray, I appreciate you searching for me. :) I agree not setting ID is a bit rubbish! So if I read correctly RAM is dual rank. I also just found the QVL memory list for the new Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING5 which agrees (2Rx8).

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-ax370-Gaming5.pdf

I was worried that the RAM wouldn't OC to 3200 on AM4 x370 as I have read that Ryzen R7s currently work best with 2 sticks of single rank. But the QVL says my RAM is supported at 3200 on that MB (at least).

Edited by mjf196

Hi,

I have same question with

vengeance led 2x8Gb 3200 cas 16 version 5.39

cmu16gx4m2c3200c16r

sn:164905663

I bought this ram but i don't know is single or dual rank and side too

i don't have motherboard yet.

Thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have build an AMD ryzen system with Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 motherboard and AMD Ryzen 7 1700X , with 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 Patriot Viper Elite 3200 CL16 kit.

The problem with them is that those are dual rank , and I want to exchange them with Corsair , either Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit (part no CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ) or Vengeance Red LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit (part no CMU16GX4M2C3200C16R) .

Can anyone tell me if either of those are Single rank or Dual rank ?

Thank you.

Could I assume that the LED version , with pretty much the same part number , could also be Single Rank ?

You could, but the assumption may not be correct.

CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 are Single Rank

I have 4 x G.Skill F4-3000C16-8GTZR Single Rank RGB LED DIMMs in my AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core (Summit Ridge) [ZP-B1]

You could, but the assumption may not be correct.

CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 are Single Rank

I have 4 x G.Skill F4-3000C16-8GTZR Single Rank RGB LED DIMMs in my AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core (Summit Ridge) [ZP-B1]

Thank you again.

Indeed, that assumption may not be the right one :)

Thank you for the effort.

It seems there is much variation, even with modules with same part number.

I guess, the second screen, Dual rank , with 4Gb chips on the module , is double sided also , with 16 chips on module (4Gb/8 = 512 MB per chip x 16 = 8 GB module).

On the first screenshot , Single rank , the chips are 8Gb , so 8 chips on module , single sided (8Gb/8 = 1 GB per chip x 8 = 8 GB module).

I will have to ask the vendor if modules are Single Side or Double Side .

Thank you again.

• 2 months later...

Just discovered a 'pair' of 2x8GB Vengeance LPX I bought on ebay are in fact different revisions. Not impressed.....

V4.24 is double rank

V5.30 is single rank

They also have different timings at certain clocks.

Even though their XMP 3000MHz timings are the same, I guess the chance of them actually working on a Ryzen motherboard at said speed is vanishingly small?

ram_timings.png?raw=1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...