Corsair Community

H100i Pro RGB SE - Fan issue, is it me or the fan?

Mark-McG

Hi all,

First time PC builder and poster, My build has gone well so far with everything working as I expected except one thing.

On my Corsair H100i Cooler I have installed it correctly (I think) but one of the fans isnt showing any RGB.

Both fans are connected to the H100i using the provided connections, both spin and one of them lights up correctly. However the other doesn't light up... It is detected in iCUE and shows the LEDs as addressable but they never switch on.

Attached is a picture of the connectors as they are now, albeit not a good one but hopefully it gives an idea.

So after all that my question is - Is there an issue with the fan or how I have set it up?

https://imgur.com/LDYVUWc

It should light up. What happens when you switch the two fan LED connectors? Does the "no light" stay with the fan or travel to the other channel?

So I tried swapping them round, then swapping back and now neither of them have the RGB working!! :(

No idea what's going on here

Hmm.. that somewhat suggests the problem is the lighting controller on the unit. Some of the controllers are serial, so if fan 2 has a bad wire, it will not light up in slot 2, but also take out both fans when in slot 1. The problem here is it did not revert to the original state when you switched it back. A bad fan should be consistent. To me that points at the controller.

I don't suppose you have another RGB lighting controller from a multi-pack of ML or LL fans for the case? If not, I am not sure how to test it. If you friendly return options, I might exchange it versus trying to trouble shoot the issue without extra hardware.