Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

5.http://i.imgur.com/2YU2zcVt.gif

Spec Omega RGB

Supplied Devices, 1 x Spec Omega edition Lighting Node Pro. This differs from a Normal Lighting Node pro as it's LED channel 1 is set to power the front chassis lighting's 30 LED's, it appears in iCUE as the Spec Omega rather than a normal Lighting Node Pro.

2 x HD 120 RGB Fans, 1 x RGB Fan LED Hub

edits/updates and Spec Omega RGB Case info added

• 2 weeks later...
Since I just got myself another Lighting Node Pro due to going with HD fans on the inside and ML Fans on the outside (syncing up the airflow on the radiator was a bit tricky, but worked out well) which also came with 4 more strips, I'm able to confirm that you can chain 5 of them together and hook the Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan to the end of the chain and it works fine. Edited by Glzmo

Since I just got myself another Lighting Node Pro due to going with HD fans on the inside and ML Fans on the outside (syncing up the airflow on the radiator was a bit tricky, but worked out well) which also came with 4 more strips, I'm able to confirm that you can chain 5 of them together and hook the Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan to the end of the chain and it works fine.

yay... thanks dude :)..

Hello, I'm trying to set up a Corsair RGB system and wanted to check and see if this would work. First, what I'm trying to control:

- 8 LL fans on two quad rads

- 2 ML case fans

- 2 LED strips. These are not Corsair brand (link here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFLC814/) but I've taken off their 3-pin connector and replaced it with one that is compatible with Corsair (Molex 50-57-9403).

My plan was to have one Lightning Node that controlled it all. From one Lightning port, a Y-splitter cable (3-pin, 2-wire) going to two RGB hubs that separately controlled my case fans and my rad fans. The 8 LL fans would require two Y-splitter 4-pin cables to get them into the 6 ports. Then use the other Lightning port to control the LED strips. Would this work? Image below:

lfUpLHj.jpg

corsair.jpg.b1e07d32e88d4632a8e2087e45397931.jpg

My main concern is the split cable coming from the Lightning node and the off-brand LED strips.

Any help is much appreciated thanks!

The splitter would work on the fan hubs no problem... its its not recommended to run more than 7 fans on a hub though.. and i cant comment on the strips as i have only messed with corsairs strips in icue

And always remember this is not how corsair specced the system so its all at your own risk

Icue and 1000d

I set my system exactly as the second 1000D diagram and ran into a problem. All rgbs light up when they are one color. As soon as i load a profile, the bottom 4 fans on the front panel quit lighting up. I and think is something in icue, any suggestions? Fyi i have the latest firmware.

I would very, very, very strongly recommend that you NOT put 8 LL fans on a single hub. The fan hubs have an upper limit of 4.5A - this is due to the SATA power specification. 8 LL fans can draw up to 4.6-4.7A. The effects for the ML fans will work. They won't necessarily look quite "right" (they'll match 1/2 of the first LL Fan) but they'll work. Honestly, you'd likely be better off splitting the fans to 4 LL + 1 ML on each hub. Then use the single Fan Hub Splitter.

Off-brand LED strips may work ... they may not. Again, you need to be aware of the power limitation (~2A) on the Lighting Channel and they have to be WS2812B. WS2811 won't work.

Honestly, you'd likely be better off splitting the fans to 4 LL + 1 ML on each hub. Then use the single Fan Hub Splitter.

It seems to be recommended to not mix different fan types on an RGB hub. Will this cause issues and will I be able to control them properly?

It seems to be recommended to not mix different fan types on an RGB hub. Will this cause issues and will I be able to control them properly?

yes certain sequential effects wouldn't work correctly... but thats a trade off when fiddling the system ;)

You wouldn't be able to control them properly with LL on one and ML on another and using a splitter either. So either way you go, you won't be able to control them "properly".

The fan hub splitter works best when the fan hubs are identical too. My suggestion keeps them identical.

Hey

I jest got the wallpaper engine - where can i download the wallpaper of corsair ?

how do i connect the softwear to the icue?

i looking for something like that:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by ProDude

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I have 2 systems running Corsair Fans. The 1st system is running 3 ML120 RGB fans and the 2nd system is running 6 LL120 RGB fans. Both systems are connected to their respective Lighting HUB, Lighting Node Pro and controlled with Corsair Link.

The 1st system(ML120 RGB) can run my lighting profile while Corsair Link is closed which means when I turn on/off my pc the colors don't change.

On the other hand the 2nd system (LL120) can't do that. The Corsair Link software must be open all the time to keep my lighting profile going on otherwise it becomes a "rainbow puke". When I turn on/off my pc the rainbow becomes alive aswell. Not really a huge concern but is this behave specific to the LL120's or maybe I have a problem with my Lightning Node Pro?

Thanks!

Edited by zeed

First, you are using Link. Link is End of Life and has been for a while. And Link never supported hardware based lighting effects for LL fans.

With iCUE, you can set hardware profiles for all fan types. They aren't as rich as the software-based profiles that you can create but it will allow you to avoid the "rainbow puke" mode.

Thank you!

Just downloaded the iCUE software and I was able to turn off the lighting to avoid the rainbow puke. Now the fans only turn on when iCUE is running. And yea hardware profiles are def limited compared to software profiles.

• 4 weeks later...
Needing some help here. Is the cable to connect the Lightning Node Pro to the RGB Fan Hub the one with 3 pins but only two cables? I ask because when connected the fans don’t light up. Could this be a faulty fan?

Hi bud.. yes. correct cable for the job.. did you go into iCUE and go to the Lighting Node Pro Tab, Then added the fans top the correct channel in lighting setup and then go in to the correct lighting channel and applied and effect to the actual LED's on the fans?

Hi bud.. yes. correct cable for the job.. did you go into iCUE and go to the Lighting Node Pro Tab, Then added the fans top the correct channel in lighting setup and then go in to the correct lighting channel and applied and effect to the actual LED's on the fans?

Yes it’s working on one fan now. I swapped the two around. One of the fans isn’t working on the RGB side so I’ve contacted the seller. The defective one was in the first port and seemed to be stopping the second one from working.