Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

Its plugged into the other commander pro. Im out of headers on mother board. The compro headers seen to have 6 pins, is there a special way to plug it in.

Been following this thread with huge interest as I've just bought a selection of Corsair CoPro, ML RGB fan packs and upgraded my aged H100i 1st gen cooler to an RGB Platinum and am also out of USB headers on my mobo. I found a device from "somebody else" that is effectively a mobo USB header "power board" - it turns one mobo USB header into 3 more. I'm planning to use it to connect some combination of my CoPro, NoPro, H100i cooler into. I looked for PCIEx card to do this, but couldn't find one readily available down here in Australia ! A USB header device like this might help get you over the hump ronantoon, if you can find one near you - just food for thought.

Loving this thread zotty and extremely jealous of your case and build !!! Thanks to you and all on here who provide excellent advice so willingly - really helps amateurs like me take that next step.

Sal

I found a device from "somebody else" that is effectively a mobo USB header "power board".

Loving this thread zotty and extremely jealous of your case and build !!! Thanks to you and all on here who provide excellent advice so willingly - really helps amateurs like me take that next step.

Sal

you would be on about these buddy.. not used one my self but known other's that have.. does what it says on the tin

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

Sal

THANKS!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Glad its helping dude :). and yes the other guys (devBiker and c-attack especially) also deserve recognition.. top guys doing a top job..

I assume you saw the main RGB faq thread I did?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Edited by Zotty

THANKS!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Glad its helping dude :). and yes the other guys (devBiker and c-attack especially) also deserve recognition.. top guys doing a top job..

I assume you saw the main RGB faq thread I did?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Totally agree - devBiker and c-attack are also supremo contributors here. Both have helped me out already, with my other dumb questions !!

Its a great community here.

And Yes, I have seen your main thread, all really good useful info that I am absorbing through my thick skull slowly !!

A teacher of mine once said "There's no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers". Every answer I've seen on here has been far from dumb - very helpful and knowledgeable community.

I do like your diagram Zotty and I must confess I have unashamedly stolen that principle to map out what I want to do and its been very helpful :-)

This is certainly an impressive build no doubt.

I am actually looking into buying this case to replace my Antec Eleven Hundred which I picked up like 7 years ago. Time for an upgrade and the dual system aspect does interest me.

Anywho, I'm still in the planning phase, particularly when it comes to the fans. If two of the 3x140mm trays would fit on the front that'd pretty much settle it for me but alas that does not seem to be the case.

The question I'd like to ask you is what would you recommend for a front fan configuration? For context the H115 Pro Plat I picked up will be top mounted and I do not plan on a custom loop for this any time soon if at all.

Basically I cannot decide if I should go 3x140 or 8x120. Got any suggestions? :)

Hi bud... imho... 8x120mm would be the better option.. it's an awful long way from the front of the case to the back lol and you have no choice will cooler going up top as it wont reach to the front..

and can confirm.. can't get 2 3x140mm trays in the front or the top.

Hi bud... imho... 8x120mm would be the better option.. it's an awful long way from the front of the case to the back lol and you have no choice will cooler going up top as it wont reach to the front..

and can confirm.. can't get 2 3x140mm trays in the front or the top.

Thanks for the confirmation on the trays there. You do raise a good point. I decided to add up the CFM of the 8 LL series fans I'm eyeing vs 3 of the 140mms and yeah it's more than double going with the 8. I also hadn't considered the sheer volume of the innards of that case. lol Probably explains why I've had a hard time finding examples online of the 1000D being used with a 3x140mm on the front configuration.

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be spending over $400 just in fans for a case. R.I.P. my bank account. lol

Thank you again for your input. ^_^

No worrys man.. happy to help! And its something i dont discuse with the wife..the amount spent on fans lol. I have 15 in there at the moment. But that's about to increase to 32 in total..

32?! oi vey. How loud is your rig with all of the current fans? lol Also.. how bad is the dust?

well... lol.. its not like a need to run the fans at silly speeds.. but yes... lots of fans does equal a bit more wind noise than normal.

as for dust. all my intakes are filtered. i only have the 2 rears as exhaust. so dust is at a minimum

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Zotty

Ive been following this for months and has proved to be so much help along my build..

I have the 1000d case and a stack of corsair stuff just finishing it all off now but i need some cable extensions for the fans and the dam top tray thats never in stock..

That devbiker chap is he in the uk ? im in a hurry for these cables..

Oh and you moan about cable management you wait till you fit the mini itx as well i've attempted mine 3 times and still not happy with cable layouts so ive decided to change my mini itx now for a better board with the plugs where i need them... Spend thousands so far and still going haha

Thanks again for the expert help... Im sure i speak for many when i say that :D: