Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want something fairly basic. Separate the advanced and basic modes for each corsair device. I have Strafe RGB and Sabre RGB and when I enable advace mode to import an advanced profile on my Strafe keyboard the Sabre mouse goes off and I need to manually create a rainbow profile for it which is a pain. I would like to keep the stock profiles for Sabre while enabling custom profiles for keyboard only. Those 2 shouldn't be mixed or tie together like this.

I have a massive issue with Corsair Utility Engine.

For backstory: I speedrun GoldSRC games, such as Half-Life: Decay and Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D. In games such as this, the higher my FPS = the better my performance. Speedrunners of these games require a higher framerate than what our monitors can actually display due to a number of oddities with the engine, most notably air strafing (where if you strafe into a turn mid-air, you will gain velocity while also adjusting your horizontal trajectory).

Where I'm going with this is quite simple. I've been trying to figure out where my FPS is going to when trying to speedrun, and today I tried closing absolutely everything, and could not get a stable framerate (I was at 140-170 fps). I decided "**** it, lets try closing Corsair Utility Engine". Boom. Instant, stable 200 fps. Corsair Utility Engine LITERALLY eats frames from Half Life.

Why is this a big deal? Not only does it LOWER my max framerate, it also causes my framerate to FREQUENTLY DIP far below the average. These are called FPS drops, and if one happens right as you are about to jump or perform some frame perfect movement tech like an edgebug, your inputs will be delayed (even if its by a dozen MS) and you will fail the tech.

CUE is a massive resource hog and in order for me to play at my best, I must disable Corsair's Utility Engine (and thus most of the features of my mouse and headset, including key rebindings that my mouse's direct competitor, the Razer Naga, can save directly to the device and have work WITHOUT a program eating resources on my computer).

Because of this, I am now looking into replacing my mouse and headset. I WAS very happy with my Schimitar RGB, and my Void Wireless, however with most of the functionality of these devices locked away behind resource intensive software, I am going to find solutions elsewhere. It also doesn't help that Corsair doesn't support Linux in any of their devices or their software.

Great work on losing a customer.

PS: I also find it funny that your "Official Forums" don't support HTTPS, and that you use vBulletin of all things. Jesus christ and I thought your tramp stamp was your low point...

• 3 weeks later...

- CLI -

Let us interact with CUE via the command line. Even just being able to switch profiles as a start would be fine a huge deal

- Batch file support from "Launch a Program" -

Didn't this used to work? It is possible to change MSI/ASUS profiles by swapping files/reg and restarting their services, so I have a script for doing so. It would be ideal if I could assign it to the same key I use to swap profiles in CUE so that all of the lighting profiles are synced up

I humbly petition Corsair to please add per key lighting functionality along with SDK compatibility to the K63 Wireless as based on the product description of the keyboard, it would not be unreasonable to believe that this was already possible and as the keyboard is physically capable of supporting such actions, it would seem to be a wasted opportunity to maximize the functionality of the keyboard.

That being said, I understand the need for the company to expend resources diligently, and that the return on investment must be considered for any costs. If the line of reasoning is that the K63 is the "lowest" model and does not deserve the same features (that it is already inherently physically capable of) as the "higher" models (which I do not agree with, both strategically from a unified product line perspective, and just personally seeing it worthy to maximize the potential of everything one puts effort in), please consider that the K63 wireless and the K63 wireless + lapboard combination are $110 and $160 MSRP respectively, and so are definitely not lowest in terms of contributing revenue value as compared to other keyboards that already do have this functionality enabled (non wireless guys, nothing against you, it should have this functionality as well, just not applicable to part of my objection).

Thank you for your time and consideration.

(this is a reposting of some thoughts in a more relevant thread, not an attempt to spam)

Totally with you on this. I mean, Corsair went through the trouble to put an LED under every single key, how hard can it be to update the firmware/software to enable turning said lights on/off for each key.

I want to be able to illuminate only those keys I use for a particular game. Can't do it, but like you, thought I could when I bought it. The wording is not great on their webpage that briefs you on the KB's features.

Are there any plans to add more RGB modes to your products?

Keyboards are customizable but the RGB strips are not. (except from choosing colors).

Any chance we see more effects for the current products?

Feels like the modes are too few.

CUE should have a lighting option called "Screen Sampler" or something like that. What it would do is look at the colors on your whole screen, or quadrants, or edges, and translate that to your RGB lights. This would create an ambient, reactive, and immersive experience. I believe Cooler Master is releasing similar software called MasterPlus+ soon.

This is what the famous Lightpack does and what the new Logitech G560 speakers do. Also, possibly the Nanoleafs. Also, the lesser known Ambivision, Ambiscreen, and DreamScreen. A Lightpack 2 is supposed to be coming soon. And Asus is supposed to be releasing something similar called the Asus ROG Terminal.

I think Corsair should also release a "back of monitor" Lightpack style device that works with gaming PC's and modern consoles. Ideally, it would work with USB, HDMI, and DisplayPort and be able to connect multiple devices at once. The problem with the Lightpack is that it only works over USB with PC's. And a problem with other competing products is that they only work with HDMI while many if not most PC gamers use DisplayPort cables.

A switch action key that can act as a key lock

FINKw0.jpg

With this you can program for example the num lock key to be 2 colors, and to acts as a num lock.

But you can too if you select the start color as the lock key and uncheck the acts as num lock checkbox, colorize all the numbers on the right keypad

You can also add a start value choice of the value of another switch. In this way you can create for example a console mode : activation of the "²" key would illuminate all keys to type on console, and reactivation of the "²" key will off the switch so reassigning the previous color for the keys.

I also think you can make a switch with variable number of position (from 2 to ...) to act as a multiposition switch, but in this case (more than 2) you disable the key lock functions and readd the "+" and "x" buttons to add more colors

In the advanced mode also, there is a gradient thing that is missing. I could not achieve to make a cool gradient animation for now :( There is always some dark coming at some time :(

Yes, this is what I would like too. Now I have done this (sort of) with the Type lighting(key) but the effect isn`t very long. Maybe it`s even more simpler to add an option/tickbox "Always on" after the duration-slider ?

It would be very, very useful if synced type lighting could be restricted to only reacting to a certain key. For example, If i wanted it to send a ripple across everything when i click with my mouse, but not if i'm typing or otherwise using the keyboard.

I don't know if this is perhaps a feature on devices fancier than mine (k70 rgb, scimitar pro), but its something that I feel would give room for creative profiles. Perhaps also with a less restrictive tail length and velocity measure for synced ripples, but i wont ask for too much.

(that, and non linear gradient shifts, but that's probably restricted to the color gamut of different leds)

I would like to have a "playlist" of sorts. Where my RGB components automatically switch between certain patterns.

I would also LOVE having an option that syncs my RGB components to the audio of my PC.

Lighting component order and fan orientation calibration settings please!

I just hooked up 6 LL120 fans and 4 led strips with cable management in mind - didn't even think about it until everything is set up nice and clean... then I release the lighting link features were not in sync order or orientation (i.e. fan 1 was 3 and the led strip starts on the right of the case, not left)

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I don't have time to read every post :)

Edited by JordanPerry

may be this is offtopic, but, how about create new hardware, what could be programable from minimax conception of software? what if cue will live in the hardware of keyboard? firmware data will save every single bit, and use their own soc ssdram/cpu? games keyboard will mini pc, like smart tv, that's smart keyboard will not use any general pc ram/cpu/gpu/ address for minimization of conflicts or system's depends of updates or any other system's changing...

may be this is offtopic, but, how about create new hardware, what could be programable from minimax conception of software? what if cue will live in the hardware of keyboard? firmware data will save every single bit, and use their own soc ssdram/cpu? games keyboard will mini pc, like smart tv, that's smart keyboard will not use any general pc ram/cpu/gpu/ address for minimization of conflicts or system's depends of updates or any other system's changing...

Everything is possible, do you want to pay 500$ a keyboard.

Copy hardware profile to software profile would be great...

Hum, it would be neat but idk how many people would using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Corsair Engineering - currently iCue has a feature to "Enable Power Savings" on the Dark Core RGB mouse in the Settings menu. Checking this turns of the LEDs on the mouse. Would you please implement the same technique when the computer is put to sleep so that the mouse LEDs will turn off? I use the Dark Core RGB (plugged in all the time) and when I put my PC to sleep, all of my Corsair RGB devices turn off except the Dark Core RGB mouse. The LEDs at night are very bright. I believe this can be accomplished through your software/firmware. Thank you for your consideration.

Kind Regards

Possibly make some default actions to recover your system. One idea I keep getting caught on and a possible idea to fix this is a,

Block all Macros/Raise all Keys/Inhibit Profile Switching/Stop Recording Default Assignable Action - This would be an action that Ensures the following:

• All Macros are Stopped (queued macros if any are removed from the queue)
  • All Key registries are reset/set to the raised position
  • Recording is Stopped without recording the break function
  • Profile switching actions are inhibited, except possibly by hardcoded buttons (M1, M2, M3 on a K95 keyboard), and by clicking the profile in the Cue program.

Think about making this a default action that is in your default hardware profile, and make it assignable to a key for older hardware users. A default position for the action could be on the key combination for Ctrl-Break. Which is what us older "punch-card" programmers used to do to stop a program going haywire. If i had this feature I would assign it to that and the window lock key.

Why?

- Experimenting with repeatable actions

- Using second actions

The following examples:

1. Use a repeating action on toggle, and I may not have set the action to "Execute uninterrupted, and when interrupted a key is left in the down position. This has happened to me a lot with modifier keys in the macro, or when I have recorded the macro which records key press/key release. Many times I have no way to fix it except turning off my computer, and with Windows now remembering where you are, it's becoming more difficult. I have been locked in Alt tab, and shut my computer off and on, and had it come back on with the Alt tab still going, switching my programs repeatedly. I've had keystrokes locked down and tried to go to the Cue program to fix it, and wiped out several actions, because of the autosave feature.

2. Been using a work around suggested in this forum to create key combinations: So shift, alt, and control take me to different profiles in which the key combination actions are programmed to the combination key. But if I try to create a new action or modify an existing action within the profile with the switch, and have to type shift in the cue program it will take me to the other profile, and the program has a hard time with it. I have to disable the profile switch, make the modification, see if it works, (oops it autosaved on me....) find the profile switch in this messed up unorganized list of actions and backup actions, and reactivate it.

3. Recording Relative mouse movements within a macro, and finish. Then you have to move to the stop recording button and mouse click, which is all recorded. Then you are transported to the end of the macro. You have to scroll back find the part of the recording that you didn't want in there (the movement to the mouse recording button and final mouse click) and delete it (Which can be difficult to find in the hundreds of actions that end up being recorded by a mouse move/click recording)

4. Several other examples...

If there is something like this in Windows already, or within Cue, if someone could tell me that would be great as well. (Several times I have been in a screwed situation, and I have to think really hard to get out of it.)

Block all Macros/Raise all Keys/Inhibit Profile Switching/Stop Recording Default Assignable Action -

• All Macros are Stopped (queued macros if any are removed from the queue)
  • All Key registries are reset/set to the raised position
  • Recording is Stopped without recording the break function
  • Profile switching actions are inhibited, except possibly by hardcoded buttons (M1, M2, M3 on a K95 keyboard), and by clicking the profile in the Cue program.

Make this STOP PROGRAM BUTTON a button that you can press in the Cue Program. (In Cue 2 for example, put a stop program button near the advanced toggle or settings toggle), since the program has to be left open to utilize it.

It might restore my faith in Corsair a bit, if you acted on this in somewhat a timely manner: I could somewhat program this myself by putting a profile switch on the break key and making a macro to set all the keys to a raised position, copy my default profile to the break profile, but it would take me a while to do (20 hours), and I might screw it up, and you guys have a little more power on your end. I think you reacted to the "retain original key function" suggestion within 3 months, and haven't reacted to any of my suggestions (even though they must be somewhat good as many were programmed into your Cue 1 software).

Seriously, when the Alt-tab thing happened to me with Alt-Tab locked even after a power down, I was panicking. The keyboard was inactive, and screen continually changing programs. Ctrl-Alt-Delete? Nope, the alt button macro was locked down and was the cause of the problem. I unplugged all my corsair peripherals, and the Cue program flashed a few times and then wasn't able to recognize any peripherals. Probably if I had powered down for longer it would have reset(?), but I don't know. The error I made to cause this seemed pretty innocuous.

stuff regarding stop ability

This would be a great feature, totally agree that should be on the table if it is possible with QML cue2 or future versions of icue. I have a stop button bound to stop on kb in cue 2 set to run and AHK which kills the AHK scripts and CUE simultaneously. Interim I would recommend similar.