Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

Anyone? There has to be a fix out there, no?

I did uninstall CBK from every file location on my MAC before installing iCue. I did put it on a Windows computer and updated the Firmware to 3.08.*iCUE application to 3.16.56 and still getting "No Device detected!" message..

Anyone? There has to be a fix out there, no?

First time poster, long-time Corsair user.

I recently added an M65 RGB Elite to a well-loved K70 to complete my Corsair peripheral lineup. Both products are fantastic. I have, however, come across one small issue I need help with.

I'm a Mac user running the latest version of iCUE Beta for MacOS. Try as I might, I can't figure out how to save/update the default profile stored on the M65 itself. I have a customized lighting/dpi/performance profile that works great with iCUE open but vanishes the moment I close the program. I know I have to save the profile to the mouse if I want to use it without running iCUE, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. The PC version of iCUE appears to use a save icon I can't locate on the MacOS Beta.

Am I missing something or is this not yet possible on the Beta?

Thanks for making wonderful products!

Step 1: Update iCUE

Step 2: enjoy fixed version of iCUE

I have not tried this, but sounds promising. At least worth a shot for sure. I have made backups of all beta versions i was able to download for myself. So that if something goes wrong - i can easily revert :) except i cant revert firmware versions but wasnt planning on ever needing to. thanks bro for the tip

I recently added an M65 RGB Elite to a well-loved K70 to complete my Corsair peripheral lineup. Both products are fantastic. I have, however, come across one small issue I need help with.

I'm a Mac user running the latest version of iCUE Beta for MacOS. Try as I might, I can't figure out how to save/update the default profile stored on the M65 itself. I have a customized lighting/dpi/performance profile that works great with iCUE open but vanishes the moment I close the program. I know I have to save the profile to the mouse if I want to use it without running iCUE, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. The PC version of iCUE appears to use a save icon I can't locate on the MacOS Beta.

I would love to know how can i save it to internal storage also. I forgot that is even possible until you mentioned it and accepted the dark reality - as i have the iCue running on mac os x (but id prefer not to always waste extra CPU cycles, if i can run my favorite one without)

so i get now why there are exactly 3 little memory-card-icons indicating only three profiles are saved on the board itself

Seems then like it's iCue wide and not just K95 RGB Platinum with which I have the exact same issue. But I don't have 3.14. laying around which had the lighting effect working perfectly

ahh, too bad. but seems to be running fine the way it is on that 3.10.125 version for now (havent tried the 3.16.xxxx yet)

Just downloaded the client and updated both the client and my K70 SE.2!

I am on a MacBook Pro on Mojave.

As of right now, all the actual letter keys work. When I click space bar it infinitely keeps spacing and the keyboard does not allow any other key presses. The backspace key does not register at all. I don't know what else does not work since these basic things currently don't work, but I'm assuming many other things are not registering correctly.

Any one have any ideas?

Version 3.17.94 is out!

Edit: It won't detect my HS70 headset or Void Wireless headset but my K68 Keyboard is fine

Edit 2: I accidentally cleared my profiles and reset it but I have a file saved from 3.16. I'm freaking out because I spent hours making profiles and they don't work when I try to import the file I previously exported.

ANYONE ABLE TO HELP?????!!!!!

Edited by noahboa

for those having issues w/ quicktime, i did the following steps:

• important: backup your profiles!! (and any other files you want catalogued like settings info and logs)
  • quit icue
  • open icue uninstaller
  • select clean up
  • reopen icue
  • if your profiles are gone, import them back in

notes:

• during all this i had quicktime open and playing a video, but i'm not sure this is necessary.
  • not sure if this fixes vlc

hope this helps.

how do you re-import files? I've been trying for ten minutes and can't get it to work

Version 3.17.94 is out!

Edit: It won't detect my HS70 headset or Void Wireless headset but my K68 Keyboard is fine

Edit 2: I accidentally cleared my profiles and reset it but I have a file saved from 3.16. I'm freaking out because I spent hours making profiles and they don't work when I try to import the file I previously exported.

ANYONE ABLE TO HELP?????!!!!!

I got it to work and re-obtained my files through the user library and application support..

Still looking for help with this issue. (I assume someone from Corsair frequents this thread?)

Thanks.

Hi all,

iCue showing No Device Detected on OSX 10.14.4.

Updated firmware on a Windows machine to latest version, and verified that iCue sees the device in that environment.

In the Mac environment I am able to type (using the keyboard to type this), and System Profiler sees the keyboard properly. Just the iCue software doesn't recognize it.

I have no other software like CKB or Karabiner installed.

iCue is allowed in the Security & Privacy > Accessibility section of Setup as well.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm running the version of iCue from the first page of this thread.

Oh and I've opened a ticket with Support and their answer was "It doesn't work because it's beta software." This was pretty discouraging, as they didn't attempt any troubleshooting and I was hoping they would at least attempt to help identify a cause, even if it was determined that it just won't work in this environment currently.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by 8bitDan

Seems then like it's iCue wide and not just K95 RGB Platinum with which I have the exact same issue. But I don't have 3.14. laying around which had the lighting effect working perfectly

I have iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg laying around if you need that let me know.

But on the bright side, i JUST installed the latest update available from within iCue: 3.17.94

iCue version 3.17.94 seems to have NO problems i have been complaining of before

P.S (note/tip for others)

I also made a backup of full "CUE" dir located here (just in case, after all those profiles customized; i imagine restoring Profiles folder would work):

"Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨XXXXX ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ Corsair ▸ CUE"

Edited by techballer

Hello James, how you doing? I'm using the 2017 Macbook Pro for web-dev and I needed good mechanical keyboard but this time with more colors and lights so I purchased "Corsair K70 RGB MK.2" exactly 1 day ago. In fact less than 24 hours ago :)

Long story short, I got to use the following iCUE software versions and I think I found a bug I am not sure I can describe well now (but could do better job later):

iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg

I ran with this happy as hell and took the free "Stable Orb" profile from community.

I then added 1 custom "GRADIENT on keypress effect" so that SINGLE KEY gets "gradient fade in/out for 0.5secs"...and it worked as expected and applied effect only to "SINGLE KEY that was PRESSED"

...hours go by then to my surprise I see new update version "iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg" released (what a "purchase vs release" timing)

So I updated iCue to latest version (the original forum post link you replaced, and also announced couple days ago)....

So the bug I found seems to be as follows:

- unable to apply GRADIENT lightning effect to "SINGLE KEY ONLY" (the only key that was pressed)

- instead what happens is ALL KEYS get the effect applied

LUCKILY the old .dmg was in my osx trash still, so i REVERTED back to version "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg"

I guess I will have to perform another clean iCUE install (with restart) to be sure that I am not misleading you with flawed testing results (but I am not optimistic given I fiddled with it for a while and could no longer get it to work the same way as before the update.....even though it is basic lighting effect)

I uploaded my iCue profile file so that you can try it out yourself on both versions of the software to if my GREEN GRADIENT effects gets applied to only single-key-pressed (or all?)

EDIT:

i created quick GIF to show what happens.....when I press single key ALL KEYS light up that color instead of just one like in the older version "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg"

[ATTACH]35658[/ATTACH]

Question: are there any versions greater than "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg" but lower than "iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg"????????? (for now I have to use iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg)

FYI yall.......I just updated to version "iCue-3.17.94" and no longer experiencing issues I was complaining about with my Corsair K70RGB

I do not use my Corsair mouse on the road, but the utility is very power hungry.

I was using my laptop this evening and was not aware of the power consumption of iCue (mouse not connected) until I noticed the battery level dropping.

Upon investigation the apple Activity Monitor identified iCue as more power hungry than Safari, Chrome, Word and VLC.

Seems like a good idea for this utility to go to sleep when not in use?