Corsair Community

Windows Sample Rate

Lime72

I've been recently encountering a problem, where if I play a certain 64-bit game my audio crackles and the only way to fix it is to switch to 32-bit mode. Another way to fix it is to go into windows playback and change the sample rate to 16 bit 41000hz, but when I try to do that, it's greyed out and the only way I can get around that is to uninstall CUE.

• Corsair Employee

Try disabling Sound Enhancements in the sound manager. You can do this by performing the following:

1. Right click on the speaker on your task bar

2. Select Playback Devices

3. Select the Enhancements tab

4. Check the Disable All Enhancements box

If this doesn't correct the issue, you try downloading the previous version of CUE through the following link.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

• Corsair Employee

Sorry, I missed a step in the previous post.

2. Select Playback Devices

**Select the void device, the properties below**

3. Select the Enhancements tab

4. Check the Disable All Enhancements box

Brought this issue to the attention of our developers, and I can confirm they are reviewing and working on implementing changes to CUE 2.16 to correct the issue.

I had this problem as well, you can fix this by lowering the volume of games or programs that is having the issue.

From the taskbar sound and right clicking open 'Playback devices'. You can see a list of audio output devices, notice that next to the headset there is a volume/decibel meter. Keep this window open.

The crackling is caused by audio source exceeding or maxing out this meter, the source is too loud and is causing an audio cutoff.

You can test this by playing music on a music player, for testing open up Windows Media Player and play an mp3 with 192khz upwards quality.

Set the windows media player's volume to max and notice that the meter on the playback devices window; next to the headset the meter is either maxing out or reaching the top. This causes the cracks and hiss in the headphones.

If you lower the windows media player volume to 50-60% (not the master volume of the headphone), you can see that the decibel meter drops to half and this removes the crackling sound. This is the range of what any audio source should be outputting to the headphones, it should never reach the top.

You can modify each volume output of programs that have this issue using the windows built in volume mixer (right click the sound/speaker icon on taskbar and 'open volume mixer'), it will remember the setting for each program for next time so you don't have to fiddle with it.

So far this is the only way to fix the issue on my VOID. I dont know if its the windows internal volume output or the way CUE handles the audio sources that is causing the over volume.

• 1 year later...
Brought this issue to the attention of our developers, and I can confirm they are reviewing and working on implementing changes to CUE 2.16 to correct the issue.

Hi,

This thread is old, as I'm using CUE 3.16.56 (>2.16), 2 years after it was posted...

But this is still not possible to change the sample rate of this Void pro wireless....

So there are still issues with some softwares, games...

For instance, I can't play Journey which has too many crackles in its music. I have no issue when I play using my motherboard integrated sound card (Realtek)...