Corsair Community

H100i Firmware and Green LED Issue

A_Rod

Hello,

Yesterday I had replaced my storage drive with a larger one. I copied all my data over to the new drive and removed the old drive from my system. I had my H100i's LED to change with temperature from white(30⁰) to blue(40⁰) to red(50⁰). I began to defrag my new hard drive and I noticed that the LED on my H100i was sitting at a nice hot pink color. I thought something my be taxing the CPU and it was heating up (even though I have never seen it change to red before). My CPU was sitting in the lower 30⁰ range and the load was 0.

Corsair Link software reported the LED should be white. So, I changed the setting to just show one color. Red works fine, blue works fine, green...not so much. Turning R and B down all the way and G all the way up yielded black. Okay, looks like an issue with the LED.

After reading through a few similar post on this issue, I figured I'd update the Corsair Link software as there was a new beta version out. Went ahead and deleted my saved profile, removed the old version, deleted the leftover Corsair folder in AppData\Roaming, and installed the new version. Rebooted and installed the beta version. No change, LED is acting up. Powered machine down, and moved the USB cable from the H100i block to a different header on my mobo. No change, same issue. Then I found a new firmware update for my H100i. I am running on 1.0.4 and there is an update to 1.0.7. Went ahead and followed the instructions on updating the firmware and the update process is now hanging on "Status: Bootloader verifying". Its been there for 10 minutes or so now.

First off, any idea on how I can get the firmware out of this state of limbo? And secondly, what can I do about the LED? I've got a nice white, blue theme going on here and I now have a terrible eye-sore of hot pink right in the middle of my mobo.

TIA!

Edited by A_Rod

UPDATE: The Corsair Link software finally decided to stop responding. I closed out of it and re-opened. It is now reporting that the firmware was updated to 1.0.7. However, the LED issue still remains.

I don't think the problem is with the hardware. It should be firmware 1.0.7. I have just attempted to update my H100i from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7. I encountered exactly what A_Rod describes here. Now, my H100i LED is either green or nothing. Is there a new version for the problem?

I don't think the problem is with the hardware. It should be firmware 1.0.7. I have just attempted to update my H100i from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7. I encountered exactly what A_Rod describes here. Now, my H100i LED is either green or nothing. Is there a new version for the problem?

Not sure on that. My issue first popped up prior to my updating the firmware. It started on 1.0.4. I tried to update to 1.0.7 to resolve, yielding no change. I didn't make any changes to Corsair Link or my H100i when this issue came about.

The L.E.D. is probably faulty. Request an RMA to replace the unit.

That's what I am afraid of. Does Corsair do an advanced swap RMA? If I take my H100i out, my computer is down. I've got the 3930k that does not come with a stock heatsink. I'd rather not be down for week/s if possible, but hot pink... this is very annoying.

• 5 years later...
same issue, tried tp update the firmware but if failed, retried multiple times and same issue. now i have a H80iGT instead of my h100i rgb platinum for some reaosn according to link 4, i cannot change the lights or do anything what so ever with the cooler. top left light is blue and bottom right is green. super excited how the firmware update destroyed by cooler.

same issue, tried tp update the firmware but if failed, retried multiple times and same issue. now i have a H80iGT instead of my h100i rgb platinum for some reaosn according to link 4, i cannot change the lights or do anything what so ever with the cooler. top left light is blue and bottom right is green. super excited how the firmware update destroyed by cooler.

I am pretty sure the H100i from 6 years ago takes a different firmware file than your current cooler and there is not likely to be any meaningful information in this thread -- other than you should contact Corsair support as stated in the other. That is who has the firmware files if you want to try and flash it again. You may also want to disconnect the USB, power down, reconnect it, and boot up. It is not clear if you have a bricked cooler or a more common USB recognition issue. Your H100i Platinum came into existence after the end of the Link program. Link is not going to recognize it regardless and there is no reason for you to run Link. iCUE will override it when installed. Link will do nothing for it when installed.

I am pretty sure the H100i from 6 years ago takes a different firmware file than your current cooler and there is not likely to be any meaningful information in this thread -- other than you should contact Corsair support as stated in the other. That is who has the firmware files if you want to try and flash it again. You may also want to disconnect the USB, power down, reconnect it, and boot up. It is not clear if you have a bricked cooler or a more common USB recognition issue. Your H100i Platinum came into existence after the end of the Link program. Link is not going to recognize it regardless and there is no reason for you to run Link. iCUE will override it when installed. Link will do nothing for it when installed.

The thing is that the Cooler itself does NOT show up in iCUE after the firmware upgrade. it doesn't recognize it at all, before the firmware update it was recognized and working, although only 1 fan is able to change color and that 1 fan had color roughly 80% of the total fans surface area (example, i pick red, 80% of the fan is red while the 20% is white). I tried different cables, tried to reinstall and it just remains the same. there's literally nothing i can do right now to fix what iCUE firmware update did to my cooler, nothing at all, tried uninstalling the program, changing the wires, using different cables etc. but it remains the same.