Corsair Community

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the same problem, latest firmware. windows 10, and i'm very savy with these kinds of things.

so when i say the mic is too quiet, it means you should not buy these, and i'm returning mine since this problem is at least months old. i wanted to give you guys a chance but pepole can't hear me, i can't hear me in voice recordings, and so on.

returning these first chance i get, shame because i got them for $90

i have the same problem, latest firmware. windows 10, and i'm very savy with these kinds of things.

so when i say the mic is too quiet, it means you should not buy these, and i'm returning mine since this problem is at least months old. i wanted to give you guys a chance but pepole can't hear me, i can't hear me in voice recordings, and so on.

returning these first chance i get, shame because i got them for $90

Well.. a shame.. Mic is working fine if you actually turn it up in the software..

I have gotten reports from guys on teamspeak , skype and so on that i'm TOOO loud.. aka, it's an issue on your side :).. not the headset.

Well.. a shame.. Mic is working fine if you actually turn it up in the software..

I have gotten reports from guys on teamspeak , skype and so on that i'm TOOO loud.. aka, it's an issue on your side :).. not the headset.

no like i said i'm savy in this stuff. the problem is on their end.

comfort seems fine though, but the headband keeps readjusting itself when i put it on.

battery level seems to be as advertised which is very nice. the G930's required too much charging

no like i said i'm savy in this stuff. the problem is on their end.

comfort seems fine though, but the headband keeps readjusting itself when i put it on.

battery level seems to be as advertised which is very nice. the G930's required too much charging

I am educated in Computer Science. And i know for a fact that if i'm too loud (I'm quite quiet in my normal voice) and you're too quiet it's one of the following reasons:

1. You haven't turned up the mic.

2. You whisper into the microphone and expect it to be able to pick it up.

3. You haven't bend the mic closer to your mouth.

4. You have a broken headset..

Edited by IstBarP

I am educated in Computer Science. And i know for a fact that if i'm too loud (I'm quite quiet in my normal voice) and you're too quiet it's one of the following reasons:

1. You haven't turned up the mic.

2. You whisper into the microphone and expect it to be able to pick it up.

3. You haven't bend the mic closer to your mouth.

4. You have a broken headset..

how about this layarion goes and returns his mic. and we end the whos right and whos wrong.

how about this layarion goes and returns his mic. and we end the whos right and whos wrong.

I just wanted people to know that it's not the headset in general as he described in his first post.. It's a faulty unit (probably), but still .. Didn't want people to get the wrong idea based off of his "review" of a bad sample. :):

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having all my friends say my mic is very quiet.

I have bent the mic so that I'm almost swallowing it just to get some audio from it.

I have everything in Windows and CUE up on MAX and yet its super soft :(

PS. Mine is like P4 in this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

Yet its still bad, and now it just picks up my breathing instead too.

Edited by SavellM

I'm having the same problem as well. I have it turned up all the way in both CUE and on Windows (I'm running Windows 10) and the mic is super super quiet unless I attempt to eat the darn thing while talking into it.

Is there any way to boost up the microphone volume? I can deal with background sound leaking in a bit if it means I can actually be heard.

• 4 weeks later...

Here the same problem, the microphone is too quiet on Windows 10.

In Windows 7 test it is a bit noisy.

but I use only Windows 10

It would be nice if a new software is that resolves this issue.

If it is not resolved, I will probably have the headset will return..

Edited by Detonator

Hi guys, i have the same problem on Windows 10 but with the Corsair Gaming VOID USB.

I think the problem comes from windows, i tried to change drivers but it does not really work ...

I wiil try to use a voice amplifier software to see if it works better :sigh!:

@Detonator

By noisy in Windows 7, is the microphone volume fine as in its picking up a lot of noise in the environment?

Have you tried the headset with/without the CUE drivers?

@svaltos

Can you try the headset on another computer with and without the CUE drivers? Are there any differences?

Could you guys provide which software you're using for your calls? Since it seems like it's only affecting Win10 users, I'll try to see if it could be replicated.

I'm under windows 7 and having the same issue.

-Corsair void USB

-Firmware is 0.12 (and I tried to update it)

-Software says 1.15.36 (had 1.14.xx with same results, updated today to this)

I'm using teamspeak 3 and pushed the mic volume to max, tried with or without the automatic voice gain control in teamspeak. And with or without the

AGC checked in the device.

But the mic feedback is really low too, so I don't expect it to be louder elsewhere. I can't really hear me in the feedback unless I try to make noises in the mic.

Anything on this? Im not having a real problem with mic volume but I do wish it would be able to get more levels from it, since it is more quiet than any other mic I've tested and the only way to get +/- 10 db is from eating the mic basically, it's still a great headset tho. Using USB version of VOID RGB

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased the wireless Void yesterday and immediately experienced the same issue.

Quick Google search got me here and I see no updates since February and none from Corsair since 12/15. Updated firmware to latest, verified Windows and Cue are set to maximum recording level for the mic, no luck. Friends on Teamspeak can't hear me unless I talk very loudly. Came from Corsair H2100 which was perfect. They advertise the Void to be better in every way, but so far it is essentially useless. Will have to return, unfortunately, unless someone has a magic fix.

These should be plug and play for 95% of users. Tweaking, adjusting settings or levels should not be required. Firmware I understand, but these should have never been released to the public as is. Explains why they are readily available at a discount.

Yep. Remarkably quiet, even at a reasonable mic position.

Using skype on windows 10. All levels 100: CUE, Windows, Skype.

This is silly. If no fix is forthcoming, will I still be able to return it having discarded the packaging?

• 3 weeks later...

i also have the same problem, regardless which programm i use (Skype, TS, Screencast-o-matic) ....WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit and a Void Wireless

The mic has to be at the exact right position for 134% to bring a reasonable volume. UNfortunately i cant send it back because the first weeks i did not use the mic.

i would highly appreciate it, if a further update could bring a volume gain boost option..

actually this "de-noise-feature" is absolutly inacceptable for a headset with a price wich is above 120€...to be honest i got table mics for around 5-10 € with a higher mic-gain than the Void Wireless...