Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming Headset Software 2.0.37

Corsair James

Just picked up the HD2100 headset last night. I own several Corsair products. Top notch. The headsets themselves fit, feel, function great. The software does suck. I have only managed to get into it a couple times. When I try and run it it locks up. Think it has something to do with NVidia and SLI.

Update, I've managed to get the software to at least load/run. I think it has issues with Nvidia, SLI and possibly multiple monitors.... I updated video drivers and disabled sli to get it to run.

Edited by AntiNeutrino

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Similar to other people, I have just installed the new drivers and it's markedly worse than my previous version (2.0.27 I think?). A shame, as my 1500 headset itself is lovely.

Previous version, I kept the volume on about 8/100, and it was about right for most games. Now I have to have the volume on 2/100 and it's about the same for me. I've done the usual steps of disabling various "audio enhancements" in Windows.

The really unusual thing for me is that having the volume on 0/100, I can still just about hear the game I'm playing. Pressing "mute" actually does mute it.

System spec is Vengeance 1500, Windows 8.1 64bit.

I was able to get software for the headset control panel to work. Still can't get my mic to work. On left side of the Corsair software headset control panel there are two different control levels; one for speaker volume and one for the mic volume. The mic volume will not toggle on and remains in off (bottom)position. I can interact with the rest of the control panel, just not the microphone.

I have checked in my windows control> sound and have everything enabled. I have windows 7 64bit. I selected recording tab>right click on microhpne>properties>Levels (it is set at 100)>advanced (1 channel, 16 bit, 48000 DVD quality) (both boxes are checked in Exlusive Mode) I have tried unchecking these boxes but to no avail.

My ultimate problem: how do I enable my microphone? Another note, when I have selected the "Listen" tab I no longer receive sound through my speakers. Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

So i just got my vengeance 2100 and the audio quality seems really poor. Even with 7.1 it sounds like stereo, just louder. Using the Razer audio drivers helps i guess. And sometimes it is louder than it should be. I am coming off of a G930 and that was crap. This is proving to be even worse. :(

Since the day I bought my 2100's I've had nothing but BAD sound from them. It's down to the terrible drivers that Corsair create. It's amazing that I have to use a competitors driver, Razor to get some sort of sound out of these headphones.

I'm amazed Corsair has not done something about this. They know that this product is terrible and choose to keep their heads undercover.

I have given Corsair a year to sort out their drivers and they are actually worse today than a year ago. Hard to believe I know. These will be going on Fleabay over the weekend and I will never buy another Corsair product as long as I live. Their support is nothing short of terrible... But hey, you have my money now and that's all that you care about !!

I just received my new Vengeance 1500 Headset & installed the software discussed in this thread & doesn't work at all. it loads up but I can't access it at all. I can see the icon in the system tray but no options other then exit and double clicking on it does nothing. I've uninstalled & reinstalled it 3 times no luck.

Using Windows 7 64bit

Could use some help thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just go a set of H1500s, and they are the most comfortable of four gaming headsets I've tried recently.

But, they are WAY too loud (have to keep the volume at six, and can still hear audio at zero), have distorted low end (presumably because of the loudness issues), have a constant buzz and the blinking mute light.

What are the odds these issues will be fixed with a driver update?

I've just rebuilt my system, clean install of Win8 then upgraded to 8.1. I installed these drivers for my Vengeance 1500 and they are now almost unusable, even at 0 (yes 0!) volume I can hear sound clearly. With the volume at position 2 (the next position) the level of output is getting uncomfortable when watching you tube videos. This is with the source type set to 7.1 (which is what I use most of the time for gaming), with the source set to 2.0 position 2 on the volume control is just about ok and 4 is uncomfortable.

Gaming isn't much better.

This is an absolute joke, who is QAing these drivers? They were bad before (also Win8 upgraded to 8.1) with a maximum usable position of maybe 16 or so, but to be able to hear sounds clearly when muted is appalling

Just replaced my vengeance 2100 with the H2100 I have noticed that they sound better and there is more base. My volume knob stopped working on the 2100. I like the new H2100 better. I have no problem with the new drivers. The foam over the ear fits better. over all In my mind they are better.

You shouldn't have to use 3 party software to make these headsets work.

I bought the 2100 headset for my girlfriend last christmas, and the drivers are still way to freaking loud. I am going trash these POS and get some razer headphones. What a freaking joke.:mad: