crashniels

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know how to get the strimer or any other led product to work in icue as a led strip.... just by replacing the connector...

i tried rgbsync since they started developing... my asus board never gets recognized.... but alll of my corsair products are recognized -.-

i know how to get the strimer or any other led product to work in icue as a led strip.... just by replacing the connector...

i tried rgbsync since they started developing... my asus board never gets recognized.... but alll of my corsair products are recognized -.-

1. try running it as admin

2. try using aura 1.06.17. if you were on 1.07.xx then you are out of luck since downgrading is now only possible if you reinstall windows. (thanks asus)

3. try unblocking the zip before extracting but i guess that you dont need this as the corsair things are being detected.

Right i have both correct versions.. but no devices or available LED's showing in RGBSync+

yes sadly x370 and b350 boards have this weird white bug. asus needs to address this.

x470 works for whatever reason

you could try following the steps i posted right above this post. its a bit buggy but thats to be expected of a "proof of concept" program.

Well, the CPU usage of RGBSync is not good. 6% at 30 LPS

At max is 10% CPU usage.

It doesn't see my CoolerMaster Hub, it sees my Gigabyte 1080ti as ASUS Graphics card and if I try syncing that all synced MOBO LEDs become real laggy.

Can't wait for CoolerMaster to finally release their software.

At max is 10% CPU usage.

It doesn't see my CoolerMaster Hub, it sees my Gigabyte 1080ti as ASUS Graphics card and if I try syncing that all synced MOBO LEDs become real laggy.

They didn't have anyone with CoolerMaster stuff so they couldn't really test it. The asus GPU thing is an asus bug again. The high cpu usage is also partially asus fault i think. I dont know what cpu you have and how many devices you are using with sync+ but for me with my k95 and glaive rgb it uses about 4-5% on 100 ups on my ryzen 1700. The cpu usage goes down when you have an asus gpu (thats what i read somewhere).

At max is 10% CPU usage.

Are you talking about the Digital RGB fans in the H500M? You could make an adapter cable for them and set them as 2xML fans in iCUE. I think DevBiker was thinking about making some.

I did try. Got magic smoke and I seriously don't want to play around with it. DevBiker helped me greatly but I surely hooked something wrong (although I've read all documentation). Thankfully both hubs still work, this was by installing one port from the corsair hub to the CM input hub. I didn't try that port again but I suspect is fried, probably I would need to get another hub in the future. Need to try this one with the multimeter and see if is still sending 5v and data.

DevBiker also told me I could install the fans directly.

I guess I would only try again with a proper cable made and proven by someone. Or by having a proper cable diagram drawing. I would be more than delighted to get rid of the CM controller if I can.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

I did try. Got magic smoke and I seriously don't want to play around with it. DevBiker helped me greatly but I surely hooked something wrong (although I've read all documentation). Thankfully both hubs still work, this was by installing one port from the corsair hub to the CM input hub. I didn't try that port again but I suspect is fried, probably I would need to get another hub in the future. Need to try this one with the multimeter and see if is still sending 5v and data.

DevBiker also told me I could install the fans directly.

I guess I would only try again with a proper cable made and proven by someone. Or by having a proper cable diagram drawing. I would be more than delighted to get rid of the CM controller if I can.

Don't feel bad, I have done it 3 times. :) If you reverse the polarity then it will blow a SMD fuse on the +5v for that channel. I have the tools to replace the fuse, though not everyone does. The data and ground will still function, so if you have one you "fried", you can still use it with normal Corsair fans hub as the 5v comes from the fan hub. You just need another 5v source of power. In theory you should be able to plug the data and ground directly into the data and ground for little controller on the H500M. The H500M controller is labelled, though the LNP is keyed, so they don't have to label/worry. As you are hacking here is the pinout:

+5v,Data,Ground. The +5v is denoted with a key/notch below the pin. Do not use this one.

I only screwed up my stuff as I do a bit of EE work and make my own HW where it doesn't currently exist. That and being careless.

Check out my RGB 101 video, for more info on RGB in general: [ame]

[/ame]

I have a hot air gun for surface components. What fuse should I get? maybe I can salvage it from a hard drive board or something else around.

I followed that pinout you guys gave me but something went wrong, at this point I might even believe I plugged the speaker plug in the wrong direction while focusing more on the little port in the CM controller, but since I don't remember cause I pulled the cable right away after seeming magic smoke I'm afraid to try again. I guess fixing that fuse will boost my confidence.

I have a hot air gun for surface components. What fuse should I get? maybe I can salvage it from a hard drive board or something else around.

Don't let Solarity take you down the dark side Sacco! Of course, he's fixed NoPros, CoPros and Fan Hubs with his handy dandy soldering iron.

I followed that pinout you guys gave me but something went wrong, at this point I might even believe I plugged the speaker plug in the wrong direction while focusing more on the little port in the CM controller, but since I don't remember cause I pulled the cable right away after seeming magic smoke I'm afraid to try again. I guess fixing that fuse will boost my confidence.

Which CM controller again?