Corsair Community

Replacing fans in 570x with LL RGB series.

RoninChaos

I need help!!, but I do not speak so much English, have 4 LL120 RGB and 1 LL140 but I cannot raise 140, only I have a Lighting Node PRO and a FAN RGB LED CONTROLLER, which brought the package LL120, of what I am getting lost? Do I need the comander pro necessarily?

You should have enough to get everything working. As long as the same series is in the fan hub, you're good. So LL 120 and LL 140 will work in the same fan hub.

You do need to add the fan to Link. Have you done that?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee
Yup you are good. Just follow the diagram you quoted from zotty. Connect all all your LL fans to the fan RGB hub then connect your fan RGB hub to the Lighting Node PRO then Lighting Node PRO to your motherboard via USB header.

• 1 month later...
I bought 2x 3 LL120 to put in my 570x. i understood the 1st part about the fan controler and the hub.. but where do i plug in all 6 fans for power? my aorus gaming 7 has only 4x sys fan conectors

Hi buddy.. I have answered your PM ;).. as said there.. Commander Pro would be my suggestion. this would give you both RPM and RGB control in iCue

• 1 month later...
Yup you are good. Just follow the diagram you quoted from zotty. Connect all all your LL fans to the fan RGB hub then connect your fan RGB hub to the Lighting Node PRO then Lighting Node PRO to your motherboard via USB header.

So the Commander Pro replaces the RGB hub and Lighting Node Pro?

I just purchased six LL120s. My brain is having a tough time.

This is what I have:

6 LL120S

commander pro

Lighting node strips (single pack or 4 strips)w/ node

I have all that going fine.

Now to get the Corsair logos to function properly, I'll need to add that connection to a single RGB hub, right? Trying to use the least amount of hubs as possible

Now to get the Corsair logos to function properly, I'll need to add that connection to a single RGB hub, right? Trying to use the least amount of hubs as possible

Mirror Black?.. yep. into port one of an RGB Fan LED Hub. configure in Link or iCue as a Single SP RGB Fan

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I don't want to open a new thread and I think this is the right place to discuss about this.

I have the same case and I just bought 2 Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB to replace the fan from my H100i v2 CPU cooler.

I have configuration number #1 from Zotty with the following configuration

3 original RGB fans from the 570x case in the front

and the 2 new Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB.

I plugged everything correctly to the Fan RGB control to the case.

And when switching on my PC, the 2 Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB stays in white light.

It's not changing the colors as the other fans.

Do you know what I am missing?

4qcqpWr.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Hi everyone,

I have configuration number #1 from Zotty with the following configuration

3 original RGB fans from the 570x case in the front

and the 2 new Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB.

Ah, that's the problem. The 3 RGB fans that came with the 570X are SP120 RGB fans. You cannot combine two sets of fans onto the same RGB Fan HUB. You will need to have a separate 6 port RGB fan HUB for your LL120 RGB Fans.

So if I replace the 3 front RGB Fan by 3 Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB, I should be fine?

Yep certainly can do that dude :).... make sure you have a really good read of the Faq thread... it does cover the hubs and what you can and cant do with them ;),, but as said already.. go all LL and you are good to go...

• 5 weeks later...
I have the 570 X case and Corsair Pro 100 v2 and got two new fans for that along with the fans included with the case and putting a fan on top of the power supply and back of the case and I purchased LED strip lighting package Corsair and commander pro. With the case what will also I need to connect all this together and make a work. Thank you very much for your help

• 1 month later...
The Corsair 570x Case Comes with 1 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 x Corsair SP RGB Fan LED Controller and 3 x SP 120 RGB Fans as standard

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub (Supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Commander Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (not supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Lighting Node Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-lighting-node-pro (not supplied with the 570x) (Node Pro is also supplied without LED strips with Triple LL120 and double LL140m Packs)

Would get Corsair LINK here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/downloads(can not be used along side the button controller in your case for LED Control, The Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro Replaces the button Controller)

Corsair LL series fans LED's can only be controlled by software.. There is no button controller option

Ideally you need a triple pack and 3 single packs to get You going as I think thats the cheapest way to get all 6??

in stock here (uk)

Triple pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-3-fan-pack-with-lighting-node-pro

single pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-fan-single-pack

and I also recommend getting the commander pro

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (currently out of stock) but they do have them on scan (uk)

You would unplug the button controller in the back of Your case from the RGB Fan Led Hub your Fans LED cables are plugged into.. the button controller is no longer needed. and you would plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the 2 options below

(note You can keep your Current Rgb Fan LED hub supplied with Your case as its the same hub used will all of Corsairs RGB fans & You cant Mix Fan Types (LL/SP/HD/ML) on the same Hub and must be plugged in via ports 1 through to 6. Cant miss a port out... 3 fans.. ports 1/2/3)

option 1, plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the Node pro's led channels supplied with the Triple packs But you wont have control of RPM in corsair link

Option 2, Purchase the Commander Pro and plug Your RGB Fan Led Hub into one of its led channels, also plug Your fans PWM cables into the fan headers. this will give You both rgb and rpm control in Corsair Link#

Both the above options will require Connection to one of Your motherboards USB headers and a Sata Power Connection to Your PSU and both will Leave a LED channel free for some LED strips http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-led-lighting-pro-expansion-kit

wired up like so... (only connections not show in the diagrams are the Sata Power and USB to motherboard connections)

using the lighting node pro with RGB control via Corsair Link and controlling rpm via motherboard or other Fan controller..

4qcqpWr.jpg

and using commander pro using Corsair link to control both RGB and RPM

LFYVKSJ.jpg

dont worry that those are HD fans.. wiring is the same for all corsairs RGB fans...

here is mine with LL fans (and a few hd's lol)

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Bz32H1gh.jpg

K9yXvCzh.jpg

hope this helps.. feel free to ask any more questions needed bud,

Zotty, I have been trying to think of a way to get more fans into my case to assist in cooling. I have left the front 3 case fans in place, added 1 exhaust case fan to the rear, and the radiator to my Corsair H100i Pro RGB up top.

I see that you put the radiator on the front, right behind the 3 case fans... I would love to do it the same way, but how do you connect the radiator to the 3 case fans in the front? Are you replacing the screws in the front panel to use longer ones that connect through those front case fans, and into the radiator? If so, where did you get those screws?

Also, you added 3 more fans than I have. Where would you connect all the fan headers? I have the Asus Maximus X Hero motherboard, so I'm not sure where the extra fans would end up being connected to.

Great setup you have. Very clean.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!

hey bud...

1.. rad in front.. yeah exactly that.. longer screws.. through case.. through fan.. into rad :)

2.. powering the fans.... I use the Commander Pro to connect and power my fans that are not powered by the cooler..... in that build i had 7 fans powered by the Commander Pro with 2 of the fans being on a PWM 'y' Splitter...

hope that helps?

hey bud...

1.. rad in front.. yeah exactly that.. longer screws.. through case.. through fan.. into rad :)

2.. powering the fans.... I use the Commander Pro to connect and power my fans that are not powered by the cooler..... in that build i had 7 fans powered by the Commander Pro with 2 of the fans being on a PWM 'y' Splitter...

hope that helps?

Makes total sense. I might change my case around to be like yours. Thank you.

• 6 months later...
Yes, you will remove the push-button controller. This will only control SP-RGB fans and won't work with the LL fans. You'll need a Lighting Node Pro, which will come with the multi-packs of the LL fans, or the Commander Pro.

• 11 months later...

4qcqpWr.jpg

and using commander pro using Corsair link to control both RGB and RPM

LFYVKSJ.jpg

dont worry that those are HD fans.. wiring is the same for all corsairs RGB fans...

here is mine with LL fans (and a few hd's lol)

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Sorry if I have missed something obvious but where are you plugging in the case lighting? I have x3 ML120 & x3 LL120 so I only need 3 fans plugged in to the RGB Hub. What I cant figure out is where to plug in the connections for the Corsair light on the psu shroud and the logo on the front panel?

Any help would be great im racking my brains on it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

right guys ive bought the 570x, and it comes with 3 sp120 RGB fans on the front. ive ordered another 3 SP120 RGB Pro fans to go into the case which come with the lighting node core. Will i be able to link these all up and run them as rainbow RGB because i feel like corsair have made this the most complicated thing in the world.....

Ive read that the 3 fans supplied are basic colours and are not comparable to go rainbow even when attached into a lighting node core.

Do I need to remove the 3 button controller on the back? Doesn’t that control the front panel RGB settings?

You don't really need to remove it but you will unplug the wires leading to the RGB hub. If you then have a Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro you can connect one LED channel to the RGB hub to control it via iCue.