Corsair Community

Void Pro surround sound suddenly not working.

acridian4722

So I have had the void pro wireless headset for a few months and never had a problem but today a friend of mine bought a set himself and was having trouble setting it up so I went to look at my settings and went to the sound control panel in windows 10. When I clicked properties it said "It looks like the advanced settings for this device have been disabled, would you like to re-enable them ". Not even thinking about it I hit Yes and ever since then my surround sound does not work no matter what I do. I even tried uninstalling by first uninstalling ICUE, restarting, uninstalling driver from device manager and restarting, installing ICUE and restarting. The device shows as a 8 channel device but there is no difference from stereo mode and surround mode, I have tried it both in games and videos with 3D / surround sound. Any help in this matter is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. Oddly enough, I tried them on my wife's laptop and installed CUE. Works perfectly. Exact opposite on my PC and I don't know why.

New install of windows on Corsair MP150 M.2 and fresh install of CUE. Realtek drivers deleted. No change, can't get Surround Sound to work or any of the EQ presets.

Heck, more often than not when I plug in my headset the mic input makes it sound distorted.

Edited by LtCommander417

• 4 months later...

I post this in case its still relevant.

I had the same problem and tried everything I could find here in the forums.

Here's how I managed to fix it:

1. Go to your device manager an Uninstall the headset/dongle. Important: do NOT reboot your PC
  2. Run the ICUE installer again (yes, even with icue already installed) and choose "repair". ICUE should install the necessary drivers.
  3. After the ICUE installation/repair, reboot your PC. Surround sound should now work properly.

Hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...

1. Go to your device manager an Uninstall the headset/dongle. Important: do NOT reboot your PC
  2. Run the ICUE installer again (yes, even with icue already installed) and choose "repair". ICUE should install the necessary drivers.
  3. After the ICUE installation/repair, reboot your PC. Surround sound should now work properly.

Hope this helps!

What do you mean by "uninstall the headset/dongle"? In what category is it?

Edited by Aggeremid
Forgot a question mark.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope this helps!

This actually worked, I had to revert to the 2nd to last build since newest update wasn't on the site and it just kept saying newer version installed and closed out. Thanks for taking the time to post on an older thread, my void pros have been sitting in a drawer and I had been using my old plantronics 788's until they snapped today and thought I would try to see if I could get these working. Thanks again.

Hope this helps!

this helped a lot thank you man!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I struggled with this exact problem for a while, here are two solutions that worked for me. Please note that the problem persists after a restart of the pc, but generally starting from a shutdown is fine. Make sure iCue is running.

Solution 1: go to settings, click on devices, scroll down to where you see ‘Corsair Void Pro’, click on it, click remove. Once it’s removed, plug it out and back in. If windows tells you that it’s ‘setting up a new device’ then you should be good to go.

Solution 2: go to settings, click on Apps, scroll down to iCue, click on it and then click Modify. Continue though the installation screen until you see Repair. Click it. It’ll take a few seconds to install the driver etc, and it should work correctly thereafter. I don’t know yet if solution 2 is a permanent fix, or whether it’ll need to be done after every restart.

Hope this helps :)

Try seeing if you have Realtek Audio drivers and try uninstalling them to see if it helps.

I am ussing the latest realtek drivers (UAD 6.0.8797.1) and i can tell that those realtek drivers are not the cause. These are new beta drivers for latest win 10 and are very different to the old HDA style drivers. You can find those not on official realtek site but you can find em on station-drivers.com

I got my EQ and surround effects working with iCue 3.19 now.

It just needed another device removal and replugging to get the EQ and surround effects working. The quality of those effects is no longer what it used to be though.

Hello,

I have the same issue and nothing works for me, I no longer have surround and EQ on my Void USB RGB :[pouts:

i have tried that :

Go to your device manager an Uninstall the headset/dongle. Important: do NOT

reboot your PC

Run the ICUE installer again (yes, even with icue already installed) and choose "repair". ICUE should install the necessary drivers.

After the ICUE installation/repair, reboot your PC. Surround sound should now work properly.

Solution 1: go to settings, click on devices, scroll down to where you see ‘Corsair Void Pro’, click on it, click remove. Once it’s removed, plug it out and back in. If windows tells you that it’s ‘setting up a new device’ then you should be good to go.

Solution 2: go to settings, click on Apps, scroll down to iCue, click on it and then click Modify. Continue though the installation screen until you see Repair. Click it. It’ll take a few seconds to install the driver etc, and it should work correctly thereafter. I don’t know yet if solution 2 is a permanent fix, or whether it’ll need to be done after every restart.

Reinstall Realtek, new and older version but no result :[pouts:

• 9 months later...

My sound issue is that windows recognizes the void rgb 7.1 wireless headset as a device of 8 channel, 16 bit 48,000 Hz device. I click on test and all 8 channels respond so it passes.

I launch IL-2 1946 (several separate installs) and after 10 seconds of launching the mission I lose the rear surround sounds while looking straight ahead. Turn my head a few degrees either side and the rear surround sound turns on. Look straight ahead I lose them again after 8 seconds.

I launch Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific and after a few seconds of launching a mission I get the same problem. Look straight ahead rear surround sounds work then after about 5 seconds I lose rear surround sounds, turn head a few degrees it comes back until I Look straight ahead again.

I can't tell in Hell Let Loose if I lose the rear surround sound, because rarely are you looking straight ahead for more than a second or two. There is no offline play so I can't test it there.