Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

--Toggle Indicator option for mute button to display mute on/off status

----Additional toggle indicators for Capslock, numlock, scroll lock - would be nice if each of those keys could change color to indicate state.

I have mine set up to do this already, although it's a dumb version because the lighting isn't aware of the key's actual mode state. It would be pretty nice to have it be aware of the key's state so that the lighting always matches instead of just matching when I don't do anything stupid.

I also wish this lighting option would work even when the computer is locked so that I actually notice that my capslock is on when I'm trying to enter my login password.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things I'd like please

1. The ability to totally disable a key I.e. CapsLock, without having to reassign it to a different action instead

2. The ability for the volume control and mute button to work in a game. Currently it only works with media players

Thank you

Two things I'd like please

1. The ability to totally disable a key I.e. CapsLock, without having to reassign it to a different action instead

2. The ability for the volume control and mute button to work in a game. Currently it only works with media players

Thank you

1. You can just clear the caps lock key in CUE to disable it. There's no global setting, though.

2. What keyboard and what game(s)?

1. You can just clear the caps lock key in CUE to disable it. There's no global setting, though.

2. What keyboard and what game(s)?

Wow. You're right. It does. Thank you :biggrin:

I thought it just 'cleared' the previous setting so you could reassign the key

I've a K95 RGB, and the volume control/Mute do nothing to the in-game sound in STALKER

Thanks very much for your help

How about automatic cloud backups of our cue settings? I just recently switched my keyboard and mouse from razer to corsair, and I love my new k70 rgb and m65 rgb. Yes CUE is more complex than synapse, but its also more powerful and not that hard to use once you get used to it. However, the one feature I really miss is how synapse stored your profiles. You didn't have to remember to back them up. Even if there was an option to use your own cloud storage such as dropbox or google drive, that would be great. Hope someone sees this. Thanks.

As long as you can choose if you want to use it or not that's fine with me.

I hate that synapse forces you to do that regardless and it also forces you to login to use it. If they go that same route I'll avoid them like I'm avoiding Razer already.

Give us back our lighting control for the M65 RGB mouse!! I paid the premium for the RGB mouse so that I could take advantage of the completely custom colour programs, and now i'm limited to a few presets??

I think Razer might be getting a bit more business soon

Ok i love my k70 rgb and can manage to live with its flickering (just use 512 colours instead) however, the software is in desperate need of "snap to grid" when you are making colour profiles because without it its a nightmare to line everything up, also desperately needs a 512 colour wheel as well as 16 million one seperately, so we can see what colour pallette we can use instead of guessing all the time, im getting frustrated with this now come on corsair sort this out please.

Ok i love my k70 rgb and can manage to live with its flickering (just use 512 colours instead) however, the software is in desperate need of "snap to grid" when you are making colour profiles because without it its a nightmare to line everything up, also desperately needs a 512 colour wheel as well as 16 million one seperately, so we can see what colour pallette we can use instead of guessing all the time, im getting frustrated with this now come on corsair sort this out please.

I use a sort of work-around for color the palette issue by choosing RGB values that represent eight-steps-per-channel in normal mode. So instead of having every value in the 0-255 range you would go in steps of 32.

CUE might have some kind of rounding or snapping going on when choosing colors with the 24 bit palette, but it would make sense to snap to these values across the 0-255 range.

Give us back our lighting control for the M65 RGB mouse!! I paid the premium for the RGB mouse so that I could take advantage of the completely custom colour programs, and now i'm limited to a few presets??

I think Razer might be getting a bit more business soon

They will bring back the custom lighting in the future, but in a new and improved way. I dont know why it was taken out in the first place, but i can tell it you it will be back.

They are looking in to making a snap to grid feature or something else that will make creating lighting easier and more accurate.

As for the 512 color wheel they might implement a feature where the keyboard will show the color as you move the color wheel.

1. Initiating a lighting effect on other keys with the press of a specific key or group of keys:

This applies (unlike reactive typing) only to a single key or a selected group of keys, which initiates a group or single key lighting on a selected group/key.

Any idea on when this might be implemented?

I am very interested in this feature and plan to use to for in game timers and other things. Would really like to see this implemented so I can write some macros to do what a rival company is starting to implement now. I would like to keep my k95 RGB if possible, however if this feature is a long way out, then I'll probably just move to your competitor as theirs is already to go.

I would like to request a checkbox for a continuous wave effect. Lets say you wanna have a wave with the colors running smoothly across the keyboard without a noticeable repeat just like the standard rainbow effect - you would just tick the box and done. Also it would be nice if you could make a timer emit a sound once started and not just after it finished. :D

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I'd like to see sound responsive effects above all.

Imagine surround sound gaming, each corner of your keyboard lighting up brighter with the direction of the game sound. Gunshot sound behind you, your spacebar lights up to indicate behind, footsteps to the side, your numpad lights up..

Or perhaps a real working EQ when playing music.

I am very interested in this feature and plan to use to for in game timers and other things. Would really like to see this implemented so I can write some macros to do what a rival company is starting to implement now. I would like to keep my k95 RGB if possible, however if this feature is a long way out, then I'll probably just move to your competitor as theirs is already to go.

this feature is on its way. but there is no ETA yet.

• Corsair Employees

Who does this already, by the way?

I've been patiently waiting for a passthrough keystroke on macros. My Prime example: I play BF4. I have set up a lighting scheme that blacks out any keys I dont use during the normal course of playing. However, I need/want all illuminated while typing, so I set up several extra modes that illuminate all keys to red for "all" chat, blue for "team" and green for "squad" which is awesome. the problem is, I want my enter key to both send the message (function AS a return!) as well as change my mode back to default. I can make it do one, or the other...but not both.

I've been patiently waiting for a passthrough keystroke on macros. My Prime example: I play BF4. I have set up a lighting scheme that blacks out any keys I dont use during the normal course of playing. However, I need/want all illuminated while typing, so I set up several extra modes that illuminate all keys to red for "all" chat, blue for "team" and green for "squad" which is awesome. the problem is, I want my enter key to both send the message (function AS a return!) as well as change my mode back to default. I can make it do one, or the other...but not both.

There is a tutorial on how to do that editing the exported action file and then re-importing it. I can't fine the link right now thought, I'm on mobile.

I would love to be able to have multiple lighting effects usable on a single key, with and without groups.

(ie; solid while held and then gradient to default color starts on key release.)

This leads into my second request. Start lighting effect on key release. We can already start it on key press and mode start, but not key release as far as I can tell.

Default to CUE, I would also like to see an option along side gradient and solid, that combines them. (used this effect to convey my thoughts above) Solid while key is held, and a gradient fade out to the original color.

Indicators (ie; winlock key indicator and brightness indicator) to be mode specific. I'm trying to make a single profile able to pick any color you like after hitting scroll lock, and pick the color to switch to. Currently indicators are set globally it seems.

It would allow me to for instance, have a single profile able to change colors, with the indicators actually matching the color scheme.

Advanced lighting (same as indicators) to be made mode specific. I'm noticing that they are profile specific, and when using them I can not (as far as I am able to tell) able to change the color of them to match a different colored background better. (while I /could/ make 6 or so different profiles, I feel its not a very streamlined way to do it)

The ability to specify a mode within a profile to switch to.

(ie; profile switching is there, and mode switching is there, but you can not specify exactly what mode to switch to when switching to the profile.)

Currently it /appears/ to be switching to the last used mode in that profile.

Edited by ChaosRifle

New K95 owner here, what I most would like to see is an open RGB keyboard API, kind of like OpenAL but for RGB effects. :) Right now the RGB keyboard software scene is so small and fragmented that none of the vendors have any significant third party support...

I previously used a logitech G910 and while that one has an API for external programs, the only two programs I managed to find was a very basic spectrum visualizer plugin and the GTA5 effects.

I bought the Corsair mainly to type on cherry mx switches again but there's a lot of potential for becoming the good guys if you manage to standardize the method of dynamic effects across Razer, CM, Corsair and Logitech! I would love to see all sorts of awesome stuff like showing CPU use, framerate, temperatures as either color gradients, bars of light etc.

LUA scripting is well and good but if you can't feed it with data from an external process you will still be limited to advanced eyecandy instead of doing useful stuff like displaying alerts, cpu gauges and so on

Who does this already, by the way?

Thanks for getting back to me.

The functionality I want to create exists currently in the SteelSeries 'Game Sense' engine. I didn't want to post it here in case it drove customers elsewhere. Very happy with my Corsair K95, just wish that some of the features that exist with GameSense could come to the Corsair equipment.

Specifically what I want to create is a timer that would show across the Function row, going from Green to Orange to Red.

The way it's executed by SteelSeries is different than what I'm asking from you guys, but it has the same end functionality. The SteelSeries solution gets the information from the Game (Once I code it), where as the Corsair solution I would trigger by pressing a key when I wish the timer to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Issue: Exported profiles with many modes can grow in size rapidly. A 24-mode K70 RGB profile can be around 1.1MB with only simple backlighting.

Suggested fix:

In the xml export, every mode has a duplicate list of entries for the key action mappings even if there are few or no changes from the default mode. If the default mode was treated as a global mode from where all other modes inherit their action maps, then only mode-specific differences would need to be stored. For the lighting maps, if we were able to create "global groups" in the default mode that all other modes could inherit, this would avoid needing to store duplicates of that group as well and only store mode-specific overrides similar to how the action mappings could be handled.

Alternate suggested fix:

Each mode stored in the exported file has an "assignments" group that determines the keystroke binding the following is an example for the "1" key:

<assigment key="1" action="{4a9f32a7-28e1-4987-9b09-31f1940d01a3}"/>

I can only assume this lengthy action code has some important need, but the problem this causes is when these bindings are duplicated across multiple modes with little or no changes. If this binding table could be globally applied with mode-specific overrides it could significantly cut down on the file size in profiles with many modes. Or perhaps assign those action codes some shorter-named symbols/variables so that when they need to be repetitively referenced the shorter names can be used instead. There might be a few ways to go about it but I don't know the mechanics of your software.

Granted this isn't a big problem issue, but I've seen some people experimenting with 30+ modes - and if we want to go crazy with modes that branch out for more variations we could be looking at 5-10MB easily. Still not that big of a deal in the era of multi-terabyte drives, 8 gigs of RAM as 'standard' and 20+mbit internet connections - but something to keep in mind going forward.

//////

Issue: Exporting and re-importing or duplicating a profile within CUE causes any changes to the default mode's action mappings to apply to all other modes, even when manually set otherwise. I ran into this issue when testing a profile I was planning on sharing, as I wanted to be sure it would import properly again (also important to be sure I could make a backup copy).

Reproduction steps:

1) In a fresh profile, add any number of extra modes. Two or three is enough to demonstrate the issue.

2) In the default mode (the first mode auto-created) set the following to any number of action mappings:

----Set key to jump directly to a specific mode that you added in the first step.

------Ex: "1" key set to jump to mode named "One" - "2" jumps to mode "Two" etc.

----Be sure to uncheck "apply setting to same button/key in current profile" when adding each action binding

------This step is critical, otherwise all modes will get copies of the mode-switching keys

3) In the each of the modes that the default profile now links to, add the following action binding:

----Set scroll lock to jump directly to the default mode

----Also be sure to uncheck "apply to all" again to avoid over-riding the normal scroll-lock functionality in the default mode

----You could use some other key as the return button, such as the application key - just keep it consistent so its easy to use

4) You should now have a working "menu" where the default mode is able to jump to any number of sub-modes and each of those sub-modes are able to return to the menu via scroll lock. Color-coordinating these can make it easier to navigate, but the idea is simple enough.

5) Duplicate the profile or export/import as duplicate, then check the action bindings for any of the submodes in the new copy. You will notice that the bindings in the default mode have overridden all other modes, not the behavior originally set in the profile. However, any unchanged action mappings in the default mode will not override the other modes, so the sub-modes retain their scroll-lock return setting.

Workaround:

Avoid applying any mappings in the default mode you do not wish automatically override any other mode. In my example, I was able to use the default mode as a sub-mode and use an added mode as the menu. However, the scroll-lock return was still applied to all other modes including the menu mode, so while in the menu scroll-lock just tells it to go to itself which is not normally allowed behavior. This effectively breaks the potential use of that key for its default behavior in the menu mode.

Exporting+importing or duplicating the profile causes the issue, so the problem might actually happen when the profile is created upon import. Attached is my example setup, but upon importing it you should see the error already. You can still reproduce the issue by manually restoring the default action bindings for the 1-3 keys in each of the red, green, and blue modes to restore the original menu behavior. Then just duplicate or export/import it again and look at your new copy.

Loopback test.prf

Edited by haz_mat