• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, I'm having the same thing!

Hello,

When I turn ON the headset, it sometimes, or most of the time never enables the mic feedback. But, sometimes, when I turn off windows, it works when the pc is off.

Or when I'm pivot the microphone to the top to disable the mic during a pause, it doesn't enables automatically the mic feedback, I have to do it with the button twice... Everytime.

I have formatted windows recently and the problem was still there before.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought this headset for myself for Christmas and I am too experiencing this issue, which is really annoying.

Also annoying how the iCue app uses hardware acceleration, which causes lagging when I'm playing really graphic intensive games.

Also, the mic volume seems a bit low for me.

I knew I should have went with Logitech, they have never let me down in the past. Still within return policy, so I may take my business elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The team is aware of this issue and it is being looked into but as of this time there is no ETA on a fix.

One year with this issue. The best thing is that this problem was introduced in a version after 2.16 (with 2.16 it works perfectly). So you should solve quickly just checking the changes of that release on git...

• 1 month later...
Are you guys serious over there? You have a simple and horrible bug that you are neglecting to fix for over a year with literally thousands of people who own your product? WAKE UP AND FIX IT! HIRE SOMEONE IF YOU CAN'T! I won't ever buy another corsair product again- this is an absolute joke.

• Corsair Employee
Are you guys serious over there? You have a simple and horrible bug that you are neglecting to fix for over a year with literally thousands of people who own your product? WAKE UP AND FIX IT! HIRE SOMEONE IF YOU CAN'T! I won't ever buy another corsair product again- this is an absolute joke.

I am sorry you feel this way.

I am sorry you feel this way.

A Corsair Employee Replies with "I'm sorry you feel this way." Wow, it's impressive to me that thousands of people can be reporting this bug, and the software development team at Corsair can simply ignore the issue. Why does this happen? Can we get some technical detail? SideTones are an important feature and a strong reason why these headsets are ideal. When the feature works its very nice; and prevents the user from being louder than they need to be as they can hear themself talk through the microphone.

Why, when I mute, then unmute the microphone does the software forget to introduce the sidetone? Only when I restart the iCue software does it "SOMETIMES" work again. I notice that when I shutdown my PC the sidetones begin to work just as the machine shuts down. How unfortunate that a company such as Corsair, that has an incredible product line, can do such a poor job on the supporting software. I am incredibly disappointed and flabbergasted as to why this has gone on for so long with not a response worthy of note. Just a bug we have to live with; or buy a new product. Sad... just Sad...

Sincerely,

Disappointed Void Pro RGB User.

• Corsair Employee
A Corsair Employee Replies with "I'm sorry you feel this way." Wow, it's impressive to me that thousands of people can be reporting this bug, and the software development team at Corsair can simply ignore the issue. Why does this happen? Can we get some technical detail? SideTones are an important feature and a strong reason why these headsets are ideal. When the feature works its very nice; and prevents the user from being louder than they need to be as they can hear themself talk through the microphone.

Why, when I mute, then unmute the microphone does the software forget to introduce the sidetone? Only when I restart the iCue software does it "SOMETIMES" work again. I notice that when I shutdown my PC the sidetones begin to work just as the machine shuts down. How unfortunate that a company such as Corsair, that has an incredible product line, can do such a poor job on the supporting software. I am incredibly disappointed and flabbergasted as to why this has gone on for so long with not a response worthy of note. Just a bug we have to live with; or buy a new product. Sad... just Sad...

Sincerely,

Disappointed Void Pro RGB User.

I understand the frustration of the consumer here. I deal with the very same bug every day at work with my pair of Void Pro RGB Wireless headsets and have brought this up numerous times with the appropriate individuals. It is something that they are very aware of and are looking into but at this time we unfortunately do not have an ETA on when it is going to be fixed.

I am here and willing to answer and address concerns and questions but and I am relaying appropriate information along but that is all I can do on my end of things.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm honestly impressed, as I own my Void Pro for just a month or so and was interested to find a fix for this. Seeing this goes on for so long is really outstanding. Not in a good way, though.

I think you guys at corsair should shift your priorities over to the software departement.

iCue might be the definition of the "is it a bug or a feature?"-meme. It really needs an overall rework.

My whole setup is made out of Corsair products but it's nothing to show off, as nothing works as expected. That really negates the point of owning a rgb gaming setup.

I won't switch to Razer as the prices and hardware are even worse, but I guess the next build might be something more reliable.

You still have a time to change my mind.... and maybve the mind of some fellow disappointed users.

I understand the frustration of the consumer here. I deal with the very same bug every day at work with my pair of Void Pro RGB Wireless headsets and have brought this up numerous times with the appropriate individuals. It is something that they are very aware of and are looking into but at this time we unfortunately do not have an ETA on when it is going to be fixed.

I am here and willing to answer and address concerns and questions but and I am relaying appropriate information along but that is all I can do on my end of things.

I to am living with this issue. My headset was an RMA replacement for a Void pro that went faulty. The sidetone feature was the thing that immediately warmed to me, but when it randomly stops working is irritating as hell.

I cannot play using PTT, so I have an open mic and simply lift the boom and lower it. Except when sidetone stops working it throws me.

It is all fair and well being willing to answer and address concerns over issues that are very new or for issues people may have heard as rumours. This issue has been going on for well over a year and simply being told there is no ETA is beyond mind boggling.

Questions I have is

Why is there no ETA ?

Are the devs putting this on the lowest or highest priority (bearing in mind this is a feature of the product that helps it sell im sure) ?

What exactly is causing the delay in looking into and fixing this issue ?

Considering the speed at which this issue is being handled why should I have confidence in Corsair in their water cooling units? As I am looking to use them to overclock my CPU.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem quite a few times.

It always happens when your headset is slightly out of range (not enough to be entirely out, that makes the connection state flicker a bit between connected & out of range).

You will hear one or several "mic off" in the process.

It's always there that the mic stops working correctly and that the red led stays red.

What did the trick on my side was forcing a firmware update & restart icue (not the service, the app itself) after it.

• 3 weeks later...

Questions I have is

Why is there no ETA ?

Are the devs putting this on the lowest or highest priority (bearing in mind this is a feature of the product that helps it sell im sure) ?

What exactly is causing the delay in looking into and fixing this issue ?

These are great questions to those of us that have been waiting over a year for this fix.

Does Corsair have an update yet?

Thank you...

Also in for an update on this issue. It is quite annoying and seems trivial to fix. For me, constantly muting and unmuting the mic will get the feedback working. Looking to replace my corsair keyboard soon, and would like to go with another corsair but with this shoddy support for a simple bug (that's hugely annoying) I might try different waters.

• 2 weeks later...
So I just found out my problem, if you hold the mute button on the headset it turns on and off the sidetone function, I feel so dumb but I hope I could be of any help.

Yeah this is a workaround but its still a hassle. Good info to post though as I'm sure a lot of people do not know you can do this.