Corsair Community

Corsair USBXp Driver?

Gr0u

This is not an easy fix. Microsoft changed how driver signatures work, and the problem only surfaced intermittently in our labs.

What I don't get is if Microsoft changed the way drivers are signed, why is this the only case I have heard of? I would think all sorts of previously working signed drivers would not be loading, causing havoc with posts all over the internet. I am not hearing about this anywhere else.:thinking:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it with a driver for my Race seat motion unit.. i think its gone on a fair bit after a quick google search ;)

Driver Not Signed Issues

Yes you may be right. I did a quick Google search and while I did not find lot of people reporting problems, I did find the following. Sounds like they just decided to actually enforce signing of kernal mode drivers. Not that they changed the process. This would also explain why it only happens on some systems.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

Starting with new installations of Windows 10, version 1607, the previously defined driver signing rules will be enforced by the Operating System, and Windows 10, version 1607 will not load any new kernel mode drivers which are not signed by the Dev Portal. OS signing enforcement is only for new OS installations; systems upgraded from an earlier OS to Windows 10, version 1607 will not be affected by this change.

We’re making these changes to help make Windows more secure. These changes limit the risk of an end-user system being compromised by malicious driver software.

If you are a driver developer, here is what you need to do:

Ensure that you submit new drivers to Microsoft via the Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard portal.

Begin the process of getting an Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificate. All drivers submitted to the portal must be signed by an EV certificate.

Edited by Technobeard
updated to BBCODE for quote

I don't see where it didn't fix the driver. Your Link dashboard looks like it's reporting your Link products and your Device Manager doesn't have an exclamation point on the driver.

Then what is this usbxp driver in my device manager?

Hey there got the update for Link with 4.9.123. Driver was upgraded on the flight and worked great until I reboot. I still have Corsair USBxp driver in devman with error code 52. I can see though the driver is now signed as of july 2017.

No fix for me, no control of H100i v2 from Corsair Link. No kidding :(

Hi mate. Any idea when this will be released?

I've just bought and installed an H80iv2, tried installing 4.0.9.57 and ran into the error in the attachment, and hence found this thread.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, fully updated with Windows Updates etc.

I do however have an ASUS Geforce 980ti with ASUS GPUTweak2 installed, unsure if that makes any difference, but saw you asking about their tools.

Just don't want to **** about installing an older version, if a fix is about to be sent out the door that's all. If it's weeks away though then I'll have to.

Happy to say that with v4.9.1.23, the above issue is completely resolved. The software installed and works fine :)

This was for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 btw.

Thanks for the fix!

• 2 weeks later...

I rolled my machine back to prior to installing any Corsair Link software. Thereafter I was lucky to be in time to get my hands on the new CL version 4.9.1.23 and so I installed this and the USBxp drivers installed without a problem. No errors about unsigned software.

My system has a super user (Administrator account) and a few non administrator accounts. I then picked up an error about System.UnauthorizedAccessException.

To resolve this I did the following:

1. Logon with administrator rights

2. Go to the directory where CorsairLink4 is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4)

3. Right click on CorsairLink4.exe

4. Click the Compatibility tab

5. Place a check mark in "Run this program as an Administrator"

Problem solved on my system. Whenever I click on CorsairLink4 I get prompted to enter an administrator password and CL starts up.

Check the following posting to find out how I rectify the incorrect number of fans and temperature sensors:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=925823&posted=1#post925823

Luckily resolving the incorrect numbering of CPU cores is easy, just click on the CPU core of your choice and change the number after the # to the correct value and click on apply.

I also tried a few runs of installing 4.8.0.82 and 4.7.0.77. 4.7.0.77 installs the unsigned drivers as well as some other software. What I can vouch for is that after this I was able to install 4.9.1.23 and it replaces all the drivers and remove the extraneous software item successfully.

Edited by TevleGnirheg

• 3 months later...
Hey there got the update for Link with 4.9.123. Driver was upgraded on the flight and worked great until I reboot. I still have Corsair USBxp driver in devman with error code 52. I can see though the driver is now signed as of july 2017.

No fix for me, no control of H100i v2 from Corsair Link. No kidding :(

Same here :(

• 2 months later...
Have you tried going in to Device Manager and enabling the driver there? See the Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

Go to Windows Device Manager. Expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and look for “Corsair USBXp Driver”. If it’s disabled, enable it. If it’s enabled, disable it and then re-enabled it.

If we're missing the driver entirely what steps are required to install it? The last two versions of Link failed to install the driver, so we're dead in the water. Thanks.

• 11 months later...