Corsair Community

My AX860i fan does not respond to iCUE settings

weixifan

Hi all,

I have tried to use iCUE to change my AX860i to a constant 40% fan speed (or to a custom curve, for that matter). I did this by adding a new config under the Performance tab of my PSU, and selecting the Fixed % radio button, and typing in 40, then pressing enter. Then I applied this new config to the AX860i Fan icon (so it has a yellow border).

However, I see that the fan is still at 0 RPM, and I also manually inspected the PSU itself and confirmed that the fan isn't spinning.

Am I missing something here?

I have just confirmed that, by uninstalling iCue and installing Corsair Link, the latter can control the fan speed successfully. However, Corsair Link cannot control all my lighting, so I would strongly prefer to control the AX860i fan with iCue. Any advice would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I have been having the same issue.

I am using a corsair AX860i and I am able to set the fan to 40% via corsair link 4 but if I try to set it up the same with ICUE 3.28 it just wont take it.

I am connecting it on a commander pro which is connected to an Asus Maximus X Code. ICUE sees the PSU fine and Im following the proper process to set a custom fan profile.

Those are the steps I am doing:

- Open ICUE,

- Click the AX860i PSU icon,

- Expand the "Performance" list on the left,

- Click the "+" to define a new fan curve,

- Ensure the "Sensor" drop-down to "AX860i Temp",

Optional - modify the fan curve points to my liking, or a fixed 40% RPM and,

- Finally with the new fan curve selected in the list, click the "Fan" box next to the picture of the PSU so it turns yellow.

Your help would be appreciated, i need icue to run the QL120 fans and atm the AX860i fan keeps spinning up and down at 100% as it passes a certain wattage load. Its really annoying.

Thanks

Edited by Klorrodes

I am using a corsair AX860i and I am able to set the fan to 40% via corsair link 4 but if I try to set it up the same with ICUE 3.28 it just wont take it.

All of your steps seem right. I am using an AX1200i with 3.28 and the controls do work as expected. One thing to be aware of is the AX860/1200i both will loose fan control to the software after sleep. Once this happens, you need to either restart the PC or disconnect the USB from PSU to MB somewhere along that path. I used to run a USB A out to back to make that easier.

If that is not the issue, I don't have a second suggestion as to why it works with Link but not iCUE.

the AX860i fan keeps spinning up and down at 100% as it passes a certain wattage load. Its really annoying.

I was able to replicate this some degree. At both fixed % and on my flatline custom curve, the PSU fan is pulsing. Not to 100%, but definitely up and down across a 200 rpm window. It is noticeable and the PSU is ice cold at 22C. Not sure what this is, but will report it.

This happens to me everytime I reboot the computer.

When the computer is done rebooting into windows 10, I open Icue and validate that the custom fan settings for the PSU fan is set at 40% (flatline) with the fan icon selected and yellow boxed but the RPM shows 0. I have to disconnect the usb jack off the CoPro and replug it. Then I have to fiddle around with the settings for 10-20 minutes until at some point it recognizes the signal/request for a custom fan profile and does it.

At the moment i dare not reboot the system for fear of not being able to set it back up again.

I open Icue and validate that the custom fan settings for the PSU fan is set at 40% (flatline) with the fan icon selected and yellow boxed but the RPM shows 0. I have to disconnect the usb jack off the CoPro and replug it.

That is the description of the first problem I mentioned. However, you are the first person I have seen report it on cold boot or restart. Are you using "Windows Fast Start" where it hibernates rather than shut down?

The second part is more concerning. Mine corrects after the UBS re-connect. Worst case scenario is I need to restart iCUE from the settings page. You might reach out to Corsair Support.

As a matter of fact I do use fast boot (Asus motherboard code 40) instead of normal boot (Asus motherboard code A0).

I was playing a game yesterday and for an unknown reason had a hard crash which made it reboot to A0 (normal boot) and the PSU fan was working as intended. I wonder if related.

I am pretty sure that is the issue and why the problem also occurs after sleep. Something in the way Windows loads the USB driver (or doesn’t) when coming out of S3 or hibernate doesn’t work well with the older AXi PSU “link devices”. I think we are hardware limited with this.

Windows fast boot is capable of causing problems in multiple areas. If you’ve got a laptop you power up and down frequently to save battery than it can make sense. However, if you only boot up once a day, those saved 10 seconds may cost you.

This will still happen after wake from sleep. Taking the back off to unplug the USB from the Commander is a pain to say the least. I use a 9 pin to usb A cable to plug it into the back I/O panel. I am not sure how many times I can reconnect to the Commander ports I can’t really see before I bend some pins.

So after a few days of testing under normal boot in lieu of fast boot, I can say that this seems to have resolved the problem. I would rather use fast boot but I can easely live with that.

Cheers for the pointers :)