Corsair Community

Corsair Lighting Node PRO does not respond at PC startup

Stavos914

No, you are replacing that cable with a mini USB cable like this

https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-2-0-Cable-Male/dp/B00NH13S44/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=FR4F5DOI0YDK&keywords=mini+usb+cable&qid=1562084403&s=gateway&sprefix=mini+usb+%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

This cable would go from your node to the back of your motherboard where you have your mouse, keyboard, and audio connected instead of using the cable with multiple pins that came with the fans.

No, you are replacing that cable with a mini USB cable like this

https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-2-0-Cable-Male/dp/B00NH13S44/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=FR4F5DOI0YDK&keywords=mini+usb+cable&qid=1562084403&s=gateway&sprefix=mini+usb+%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

This cable would go from your node to the back of your motherboard where you have your mouse, keyboard, and audio connected instead of using the cable with multiple pins that came with the fans.

I didn't understand the solution.

Is this cable the solution?

Edited by Panell

It was for me. Use this cable instead of the one that came with the fans.

However I can't understand, in the Z390 Aorus Master it works well, in the Asus Z170 Deluxe it doesn't work :confused: :confused:

• 4 months later...

Hello! Stavos914

Maybe i'm a little late to the party, but i recently bought a kit w 4 LL120 the node pro and the rgb fan hub, the guy who sold them to me didn't have any problems whatsoever but I obviously am having the same kind of problems. It is also important to know that the guy is sending me the stock usb cable that came w the node pro because he forgot it in his case, so i'm using a different internal usb cable that only has the red, white, green and black cables. I tought that the cable was the broblem until I tried a different usb cable, this time it was a fully functioning external usb cable and... you guessed it! same problem. I don't know what to try anymore so I wanted to ask you when did these issues come to light? Did you update the node pro firmware? (I don't know the backstory of my node pro).

P.S. I solve this issue not by leaving the system on as you do, I found that when I turn the pc off and shut the psu (by flicking the switch) off then trying to start the pc w the psu still off (to discharge the capacitors) 90% of the time works ad I get my node pro back...

• 3 weeks later...
I just connected a mini USB cable directly to the motherboard I/O instead of using the internal USB cable. I could not find any other solution to this fix. I'm lucky in that I have an open air case where I can do this without having to run a USB cable out of my case in order to do that. Anyone else would have to run a mini USB cable from the node pro inside the case, to the outside of the case in order to connect to the motherboard I/O USB port. I have updated the node pro firmware through the iCue program with no luck. There just seems to be a compatibility issue with the node pros and some motherboards, or some BIOS setting that nobody seems to know of. Kinda sucks but they do look cool once you get them working the right way.

I just connected a mini USB cable directly to the motherboard I/O instead of using the internal USB cable. I could not find any other solution to this fix. I'm lucky in that I have an open air case where I can do this without having to run a USB cable out of my case in order to do that. Anyone else would have to run a mini USB cable from the node pro inside the case, to the outside of the case in order to connect to the motherboard I/O USB port. I have updated the node pro firmware through the iCue program with no luck. There just seems to be a compatibility issue with the node pros and some motherboards, or some BIOS setting that nobody seems to know of. Kinda sucks but they do look cool once you get them working the right way.

Hmmm ... that's interesting. What were you connecting them to inside? Was it directly to the motherboard or did you have a USB Splitter/hub in the mix?