Corsair Community

Corsair CP lights go crazy fans ok

k-i-b

ok..

Im so lost in config and ... corsair .,..

MY setup...

CP>HUB>3 HD120 + 2 X HD140

I have done the setup correct, thru some diagram here on the forum.

I have tested each fan, they all lid up in port 1 on hub

I have tested 3 HUBS

I have filmed the entire "check connections, stop / start service"... blabla...

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYriuAtCSa0]filmed it all[/ame]

I have a new CP from RMA

somebody help me...coz im lost.. give me a yell / PM/ something if you need more info

debug export and config in zip...

Service_Error.log

corsair export debug.zip

Edited by k-i-b

im starting to wonder if im bout to send everything back to dealer with the note "stop selling corsair"... first my CP went on a RMA, then 2 x lightning had a RMA, now 2 x 2pack fans with hubs are going the same way....

You need to be very methodical about the fans. They operate in series - so a fan may work fine but not pass the signal on?

Start with 1 fan. Does it work in port 1? If yes, put it to the side. Second fan. Does it work in port 1? If yes, put the next fan in port 2. Are both working? Do this through the fans. If you can validate that each fan works on port 1 AND the next fan works too, then it's good.

It's possible that the fan hub is kerfluffled. But, to be sure, you need to methodically test them. It's a PITA, I get that.

riiight...

here goes.. RGB check: fan1 in port 1> ok, fan2 in port1>ok, fan3 in port 1>ok, fan4 in port 1>ok, fan5 in port 1>ok. with ok i mean, fans are ok and rgb are ok. so; all fans are ok.

now... fan1 in port1 + fan2 in port 2> ok, fan3 in port 3 > not ok, fan4 in port 4 >ok( when port 3 are not ok), fan5 in port 5> not oki..

what did i do? next step, kill Icue, and kill all corsair services. then i did a hard reset of CP( keep reset pin in, while sata power are removed, then put back in again. resulted in led on CP did 2 blink, then was off for 4-5 sec, then 2 blink... and so on.. then i restarted the ICUE, checked services was running. checked and did a check of the config in ICUE... u can see it all in the mob vid i made...

NO LAUGHING... I sound like a drunk russian..( to much coffee)...

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTbYaIm1xQ]im getting grey hair[/ame]

PLEEEEASE tell me if there is something ells i can do...

Btw attached a new debug file

corsair debug 2001191555.zip

OK ... you didn't quite follow directions. But it's something we can work with. Fan2 or Fan3 might be bad. Or it might be either the fan hub or the coPro. Swap fan 2 and fan 3. What happens?

The fans operate in series. Fan1 passes data to Fan 2, which passes data to Fan 3 ... and so on. Just because a fan lights up properly doesn't mean that it's passing the data along too. The Fan Hub handles power and the data signal. Right now, we can only say, with certainty, that Fan 1 is good.

Swap fan 2 and fan 3. What happens?.

i did swap it, and for sure, Fan 2@bottom= no light, fan1@middle lights up. I did that on the other hub i got, same thing, then i plugged the fans in the cab away and reconnected 2 brand new fans. same thing, fan1@port1 + fan2@port2= both lights up, then fan2@port1 + fan1@port2= only fan2 lights up. this happends on 3 different hubs. Looks to me my fans is oki, but port 2, on 3 hubs = dead. 3 dead hubs or CP thats dead again ?

Or... if im thaaat lucky, configfile thats all broken?

No, I don't think your fans are OK.

You had 1 fan in port 2 and it was fine ... the fan in port 3 was wonky.

You swapped them and now the fan in port 2 was bad. So it's following the fan. The fan in port 3 is OK (we think ... at least is lights up) but if the previous fan is bad, it's not getting the signal (remember ... they run in series)

allright... then ill go for a "argh" on my dealer.. sending back all of em... they are normally oki bout this... doing a RMA here takes way to long time... last time on the CP it took me 2 weeks... anyway... thank you for all the help

• 1 year later...

In case anyone else is looking up this issue, I just wanted to chime in and say this forum helped me figure out my fans, for the most part. All of them would be fine on the lock screen and then when I unlocked... wackadoo. Turns out that fan one (out of 5) plugged in to port one was messed up, so I've unplugged that one and shifted all fans down one port. They all seem to be working well, now.

I have been looking for this fix for like 6 months (no joke) and knowing that the fans are connected in series was a huge help for me understanding the problem. Didn't realize that the signal went through each fan and that if one of them is messed up, then all subsequent fans are going to have issues.