Corsair Community

H115i Platinum - Pump Hum

snubbers

Same issue here. Installed the new 115i Platinum a few minutes ago, powered on the PC and immediately noticed this "hum" Sound. Also I can clearly hear the water in the Block, ist really a LOT louder than my old Kraken X62.

The pump, even on quiet profile, is BY FAR the loudest part in my whole PC in idel!

This concerns me a LOT. If this is a Hardware issue which cant be fixed by a Firmware update within a few days, I will return it. This is a absolute No-Go for me!

Here is a Video of the noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wpwf4X5Y5U

Ist hard to catch it properly on a Video because on the Video you can hear the wind of the fans more than in reality … :/

At 0:18 I switched to Extreme profile. At 0:32 I switched back to Quiet profile.

In Extreme profile I only get this hum Sound, in Quiet mode I can clearly hear the water which is super annoying.

Also, why only Quiet and Extreme for the pump? Why no custom profile like fixed 60 or 75% or something like that? Not even balanced is possible to select for the pump...

Any idea if this ia just a bad/broken pump or if all pumps do make this noise?

Seems real loud compared to my H115i Pro. I only barely hear it at full speed. At 2100RPM is absolutely silent. If I had such loud pump in my system I would certainly not be happy.

I too got the h115i platinum from scan.co.uk. The Pump on its quiet settings does have an audible hum and is louder than the EVGA CLC 280 cooler that I had.

I also noticed the pump does not drop any lower than 2400rpm on quiet setting and goes up to 2800rpm on extreme setting. We could do with a 2000rpm or 1600rpm setting for quiet.

Because of the hum I might go for the dark rock pro TR4 edition air coooler, supposed to be decent?

I too got the h115i platinum from scan.co.uk. The Pump on its quiet settings does have an audible hum and is louder than the EVGA CLC 280 cooler that I had.

I also noticed the pump does not drop any lower than 2400rpm on quiet setting and goes up to 2800rpm on extreme setting. We could do with a 2000rpm or 1600rpm setting for quiet.

Because of the hum I might go for the dark rock pro TR4 edition air coooler, supposed to be decent?

no hum on mine... pretty happy w it so far.

• 1 month later...

Do you have resolve your problem ? i have the same noise... i hear the pump in Silence mode (2400tr/min) or (Extrem 2900 tr/min)

My fan are at 800tr/min. I installed 4 fans in push/pull. The two ML in the box and two another Corsair LL140 RGB

I have lower performance compare to my aircolling NOCTUA NH-U14S ! When i run a OCCT test on my i7 4770K at 4.4ghz / 1.15v my system crash with the Watercooling.... by not when i use with Aircooling... After 4 hours of test, i'm very sad to see the result...

Why Corsair block the pump at 2400tr/min in silence mode ?

It's a joke ?? :bigeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Is it that noise from the pump what you mean?

At the beginng of the video I started with the quiet mode and changed after a few seconds to the intensive mode. At the end of the video I changed back to the quiet mode. The "click" sounds in the background are coming from my mouse.

Or is that pump noise normal and you mean another noise?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Same problem here with my new 115i Plat, very loud humming sound in silent mode, I dont know if i should RMA it and get a new 1 or just get something else.

Really wierd that al reviewers said it was so quiet, its a really anoying sound, and 2400 rpm in silent mode? Is this working as intented ? There should be a windows/browser mode at 1700 rpm so that its really silent.

Hope they can fixs this with some firmware updates.

Like everyone else, the pump noise on "quite" is too loud. The minimum RPM it will run is 2400 which is excessive when there is no load. @Corsair, please allow us to build custom curves for the pump. I switched from the H100iv2 to the H115i Pro Platinum and the increase pump noise is diffidently noticeable. I see this has been going on for months in the forum...has anyone heard anything about whether or not Corsair is addressing the problem?

• 3 months later...

All is ok for me now !

Corsair resolved the problem with a firmware.

Now it's absolutly quiet in Silence Mode on the pump, 1950 tr/min. (2400 before)

The "Balanced Mode" is functional too, at 2350tr/min.

Extrem Mode : 2800 tr/min.

The performance is not reduce.

With a i7 4770K at 4.4ghz / 1.15v => 27° on iCue in IDLE with Silence Mode on the pump and 650 tr/min on the push/pull radiator.

43° in game ( BF5 ) Pump in Silente Mode and 950 tr/min on rad.

• 2 weeks later...
All is ok for me now !

Corsair resolved the problem with a firmware.

Now it's absolutly quiet in Silence Mode on the pump, 1950 tr/min. (2400 before)

The "Balanced Mode" is functional too, at 2350tr/min.

Extrem Mode : 2800 tr/min.

The performance is not reduce.

With a i7 4770K at 4.4ghz / 1.15v => 27° on iCue in IDLE with Silence Mode on the pump and 650 tr/min on the push/pull radiator.

43° in game ( BF5 ) Pump in Silente Mode and 950 tr/min on rad.

Can confirm that the moment i set my pump in silent mode, it drops below 2000rpm and sound is gone. Thank god for sw updates, but the pump "hum" should never have been this loud in the first place.