Corsair Community

Keyboard RMA

I'm preparing to RMA my K70 RGB keyboard, and it has been approved. I don't see any specific instructions however -about how to package to keyboard. Such as using original box, including wrist rest, extra keys, etc. I know typically with other components you don't send anything else back but the item, and you usually don't use the original box (because you wont get it back), but I can't find any info about how to pack my keyboard before mailing it back to Corsair.

Could anyone advise?

Well, I submitted my RMA today (it cost me $20 shipping!), so we shall see how it goes. Not happy about this at all. Regretting buying a Corsair keyboard at this point. This board and now the shipping is approaching $200. It is not worth that much! But like I said, we'll see how they handle this and how quickly they get me a fixed or properly lighting board back. I am now using a 1990's chiclet keyboard from an old HP desktop from my work. It makes me angry every time I look at it. Brand new build, i9 9900k, GTX 2080, and a 20 year old HP keyboard.

• Corsair Employee

Hello hapkiman,

I want to let you know that you're receiving a brand new keyboard in the RMA process, and the keyboard you're receiving isn't your repaired keyboard. Once your keyboard has been processed in the system we will be booking out your replacement. I will see what I can do to assist you further. If you have any questions please ask through the ticket, so we can better help you.

Best,

Wootaru

• 2 weeks later...

Received the new keyboard today on 06/10/2019. RMA went ok I guess, it took 16 days total. Strangely, it arrived early Friday morning (06/07/2019) at the local UPS facility according to tracking, and sat there in a warehouse over the weekend for no apparent reason. I live 5 miles from that warehouse and could have went and picked it up (but they won't let you). It wasn't delivered until today (Monday at 4:00 pm). But I guess it all worked out. Still, I feel a bit of heartburn with the whole scenario and because I paid for shipping. In the end I guess it's water under the bridge now. I will closely watch this keyboard for glitches and update it if goes bad. But it seems to be good now.

Thank you Corsair Wootaru