Corsair Community

AMD Ryzen DDR4 Compatibility Questions?

Corsair CJ

Ok guys, I am having issues with my CMD32GX4M2C3466C16W kit and my Asus x470 prime board. XMP profile is a complete no post, and 3400 isn't stable. 3333 works but the second I try to tighten the timings I see memtest throwing back the occasional error.

Has anyone tried the kit on the x470 boards? What timings worked for you? Voltage? Is it stable? I can't get mine to stabilize unless I drop down to 3200mhz cl16 and tRC in the 70s.

I have the same problem with a similar setup. I have the CMR16GX4M2C3600C18 kit and the ASUS x470 prime pro board will not post under XMP (3600mhz) OR any other lower frequency other than the SPD of 2133mhz. I haven't tried higher voltages.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, I am having issues with my CMD32GX4M2C3466C16W kit and my Asus x470 prime board. XMP profile is a complete no post, and 3400 isn't stable. 3333 works but the second I try to tighten the timings I see memtest throwing back the occasional error.

Has anyone tried the kit on the x470 boards? What timings worked for you? Voltage? Is it stable? I can't get mine to stabilize unless I drop down to 3200mhz cl16 and tRC in the 70s.

Looking at a vid der8auer put out he suggests that when using dual rank dimms (2x16GB) the target frequencies are min: 3333 and a Max:3466

Look for his vid "ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO - Everything You Need To Know! X470 In Depth Review" A lot of decent info on X470 and not only for the C7H board. He begins talking about the supported dimms and rankings etc @ 22:15, near the end.

My system in question is a Ryzen 2700X on a Crosshair VII and I am not overclocking the CPU at this point. I am having an issue with 32GB 3466 kit. So I dropped in a kit of 3200 LPX 32GB (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16) and have no issues at all. The fact that I was able to run at the slower speed seems to support what der8auer had to say but, 3466 should have been obtainable. Albeit, at the far edge... I see cats using 16GB (2x8) kits and hitting 3600+ also, supporting what der8auer said... so I suspect it has to do with dual vs single ranked dimms and obviously the lottery of the IMC on the chip and some luck to get the 3466 speed from that kit (CMD32GX4M2C3466C16W)

Edited by Delta9k

• 3 months later...

http://http//forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=34117&stc=1&d=1536283170

Funny thing is i started with an Asus Prime ab350 and Ram ran at 3200 XMP perfectly for over a week and then wouldn't, so I was told i needed the x370 chipset for 3200, so i got asrock x370 gaming x and Guess What, it ran great for One Week and then did same as asus board, ive had it running at 2933 ok but Fortnite would crash but not the pc. I have run bench mark tests etc on this 2800 setting and its all good. tho i did manually set CPU at 3700 and turned the boost clock option off and voltage at 1.375.

Im wondering if its the CPU more than the ram thats not playing ball..

ttv.RigzNz

2800.thumb.jpg.92d7da47181719c076febae469fed93c.jpg

Edited by RiGzNz
add comment

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks

I'm trying to build a workstadion with an Amd Threadripper 2990wx mounted on a Asus Zenith Extreme. I bought 2 bars of Corsair LPX CMK32GX4M2B3000C15. i can' even boot the system or get in to the bios... Did i buy the wrong bars? They are listed as compatible Memory on the Asus website...

i'd love to have 16 GB Bars, since my work is very RAM consuming

• Corsair Employee
Hey folks

I'm trying to build a workstadion with an Amd Threadripper 2990wx mounted on a Asus Zenith Extreme. I bought 2 bars of Corsair LPX CMK32GX4M2B3000C15. i can' even boot the system or get in to the bios... Did i buy the wrong bars? They are listed as compatible Memory on the Asus website...

i'd love to have 16 GB Bars, since my work is very RAM consuming

Just this single 32gb kit being used? Did you try modules individually?

-Art

• Corsair Employee
2 kits of them... i tried all 4 16 GB Bars, tried just one 16 GB module and interchanged... nothing works. i get an error code on the mainboard saying that its searching for memory

Do you have a module from another kit to try to upgrade the firmware or reflash it and see if one of the Corsair kits work then?

-Art

Do you have a module from another kit to try to upgrade the firmware or reflash it and see if one of the Corsair kits work then?

-Art

Actually no... I'm thinking of buying just one 8 GB Module to test it. Do you know which one is working with TR2 and ROG Zenith extreme for sure?

• 2 months later...
In list of compatible DDR4 RAM what Corsair have been posted, all RAM's suppor their XMP profile and maximum frequency or this list just for memories who are just plugged in and working on Ryzen on some level of frequency?

How can I know about specific memory chip information? Where I can get this information?

Also, how can get information about what maximum frequency can I get for my motherboard and processor.

I'm asking it because I'm saw Kingston website and they are offering only maximum 2666Mhz For my motherboard. I'm need at least 3000.

My specs are:

Ryzen 5 2400G

ASRock AB350M-HDV

Should I change my motherboard (I didnt buy yet) or I'm need to searching RAM (from another manufacturer like yours for example)?

• 3 weeks later...

The sticky post appears to be last updated in May 2017. Has there been more compatibility for Ryzen?

Specifically, will this be compatible with Dominator Platinum ROG - CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-ROG:

Ryzen 2700X

ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wifi or non-wifi version)

The QVL for the board shows no Corsair modules at 3200. Is this still the case or would I have to drop the speed down?

Hi.

You can see my setup in my profile, Ryzen 5 2600x Asus prime x470 and CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Corsair LPX 3200.

The problem:

If i try to get then working in dual channel one of the modules is not usable, altough it is detected. BIOS fall back to 2133 and Windows only can use 7.95Gb

If I put both modules in the same channel everithing works ok, 3200Mhz achived and 16Gb usable.

I have tried another MoBo (Gygabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming) with the exact same results.

Any workaround to get dual channel working?

• 2 weeks later...

/R Viyullas

Sorry forgive me if i'm wrong, but what you are describing sounds like you are trying to use 2 Banks of dimms not 2 channels, channels are the same color on your motherboard, i.e. Dimm slot A0+A1 = 1 dual channel. So for example on your setup with the Asus Mobo you would use either both the Grey or both the Black channels, some motherboards (specifically some Asus) will not allow you to use the second Dimms without first filling the primary channels.

If i have been way off i apologize, otherwise enjoy :)

/R Viyullas

Sorry forgive me if i'm wrong, but what you are describing sounds like you are trying to use 2 Banks of dimms not 2 channels, channels are the same color on your motherboard, i.e. Dimm slot A0+A1 = 1 dual channel. So for example on your setup with the Asus Mobo you would use either both the Grey or both the Black channels, some motherboards (specifically some Asus) will not allow you to use the second Dimms without first filling the primary channels.

If i have been way off i apologize, otherwise enjoy :)

Thanks for the reply.

What I try to achive is to have both modules working in dual channel, but when I put each module in a different channel one of them is not usable, both are detectected altough just one is usable by the OS, and the bios falls back to 2133Mhz no matter if I enable XMP profile or not.

If I configure them in the same channel (a single channeñ setup) both modules are usable and the speed is 3200Mhz.

What I want to know is if there is any way to achive a dual channel setup in this scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
The version number is found on the label at the heatspreader of the modules themselves.

I realize that this is an old message, but unfortunately there isn't a way to know this information when ordering from online vendors. I live a couple miles west of Fort Worth, Tx. The only brick in mortar store I've found in the entire Dallas Fort Worth area with any Corsair memory is Micro Center in Dallas. I purchased the CPU and other items for my current rig there. Nice store. Knowledgeable employees. Wish there was one closer.

It would be helpful if Corsair, and other manufacturers, as well as vendors, would make the version number part of the part number. That way customers could buy with confidence. Just my two cents.....

The sticky post appears to be last updated in May 2017. Has there been more compatibility for Ryzen?

Specifically, will this be compatible with Dominator Platinum ROG - CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-ROG:

Ryzen 2700X

ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wifi or non-wifi version)

The QVL for the board shows no Corsair modules at 3200. Is this still the case or would I have to drop the speed down?

Same here, except for that I'm on Vengeance RGB 2X8 3600Mhz. It is always running at 2133. DOCP (XMP for AMD) doesn't help, neither do any "The Stilt's" OC presets.

Any ideas on how to make DRAM work at least on 3200 (3466 if possible)?

P.S. I'm a complete noob at RAM overclocking.

• 2 weeks later...
Same here, except for that I'm on Vengeance RGB 2X8 3600Mhz. It is always running at 2133. DOCP (XMP for AMD) doesn't help, neither do any "The Stilt's" OC presets.

Any ideas on how to make DRAM work at least on 3200 (3466 if possible)?

P.S. I'm a complete noob at RAM overclocking.

Hi there.

I am currently running 32Gb of Corsair CMK32GX4M4D3000C16 at 3600Mhz. on an ASUS PRIME x399-A with bios 0808. What you can try is to reset the ram settings to auto and reboot. Now go into the bios and try setting the ram speed in the advanced tab to 3600. Do not try to enable DOCP or XMP or any such other nonsense. Then scroll down to the entry that says DRAM Timing control. Press enter to bring up the menu. Key in your speed settings and you should be good to go. Cl 18 - rcd 19 - RP 19 - Ras 39.

Then exit that menu and go down to the Dram voltage settings and key in 1.25 in the AB and CD channel settings.

Reboot and see if this works.

If not then add 2 to each of the first 3 of the timings above.

Your mileage may vary, but I have found that the AMD DOCP profiles and the presets are rubbish, as they are for samsung chips, and corsair uses Micron chips......

Here are the settings that I used for a stable 3600Mhz with the CMK32GX4M4D3000C16

Settings are cas(CL) 22

RCD 24

RP 27

RAS 36

TRC 70

EDITED UPDATE......

Have now clocked stable @3800 Mhz

Timings.....

CL .... 20

TRCCRD 21

TRCRWD... 21

TRP.... 22

tRAS... 36

TRC .... 66

Voltage is 1.35 Volts.

Edited by boondi
Making easier to read

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, guys. I bought a Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB(2x8) DDR4 3200.

My system is a Ryzen 5 1600X on a Asus B350 Gaming F motherboard and by using the XMP 3200 by default the system isn't stable. Many applications hangs, gives fatal errors and sometimes I can get a BSOD with different codes each time. By lowering the clock to 3000 MHz everything works perfectly. I ask here if there is any way to run it at 3200 and if you guys need more information about my system just reply and I will do my best to answer fast.

Hello daz138,

Be aware for your processor running 3200Mhz is an overclock for Ryzen systems so success may vary. There may be some useful information in this thread linked for you below but will need to keep in mind your specific parts and specifications.

a simple thing

- in some cases people simply need to use XMP profile #2 option in their BIOS/UEFI (not option 1)

Basically it comes down to this.

1) learn about the standard vs. overclock memory specifications for your parts CPU, motherboard, and memory (frequencies, voltages, timings)

2) ensure your platform is ready for troubleshooting (PSU voltages ok, BIOS/UEFI up to date, defaults loaded, etc...)

3) get to ANY stable configuration with your memory (disable xmp, use auto settings, down-clock to specs, or down-clock to whatever works)

4) once you can post successfully test your memory is good one stick at a time using your primary slot with memtest86 or memtest86+

5) using a stable configuration extract specific information from your SPD (chip type and rank) and use DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to help you learn how to configure your settings with your memory

6) start with a reasonable methodology to work your way up from the stable configuration to your target optimal configuration or overclock

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=185112

Edited by A Computer Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I would like to know if these memory sticks are combatible with AMD Ryzen system: CMR32GX4M2D3000C16 - > https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE%C2%AE-RGB-32GB-%282-x-16GB%29-DDR4-DRAM-3000MHz-C16-Memory-Kit/p/CMR32GX4M2D3000C16

Is there anything to know before buying this type of ram? I heard that high speed ram may not work with every motherboard.

Thank you for your support.