Corsair Community

iCUE kills my USB

cryptochrome

Uninstalling iCUE did the trick for me. No more flickering, no more usb disconnects.

I cant change the colors but atleast the standard theme is beautiful too.

Eagerly waiting for a fix now.

Ive rated the product two stars on all major websites and wont change it until the product finally runs without issues.

From Corsair:

"Thanks for bringing this up. If you've recently updated your iCUE to the latest version, please uninstall it for now and run a registry cleaner such as the ccleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Once you're done clearing the registry, download and install the latest version of iCUE again or use this one instead http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.9.93_release.msi

Let us know if this works. "

I try.

I have a K95 RGB Platinum, VOID PRO, MM800 RGB Polaris, ST100 RGB, and M65 RGB.

On reboot, everything works fine... but after some time, iCUE loses contact with one of the devices... Most times, it's my M65 mouse, but sometimes it is my ST100 also. Boo....

iCUE 3.12.118. Happened on last few builds, too...

I would rather it work sometimes than not work at all... but seriously, Corsair... need to figure out what the problem is here.

[edit] My logs are almost 9MB, too big to attach here.

From Corsair:

"Thanks for bringing this up. If you've recently updated your iCUE to the latest version, please uninstall it for now and run a registry cleaner such as the ccleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Once you're done clearing the registry, download and install the latest version of iCUE again or use this one instead http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.9.93_release.msi

Let us know if this works. "

I try.

Thanks. That sadly didn't work for me. iCue 3.9.93 from the link you posted still crashes again and again and thus causes USB disconnects on my all the time while Steam is running and at times just idle at the desktop.

Edit 1: I also tried iCue 3.8.91 I found on the web, that sadly isn't much better either.

Edit 2: Tried iCue 3.10.125, also the same issue.

Edit 3: Tried iCue (or rather "Corsair Utility Engine" as it's still called in this version) 3.2.87, this seems to get rid of the disconnect/reconnects, but my H115i RGB Platinum isn't detected by this version at all (probably not supported), so I can't really use it (and perhaps it wouldn't help either). Does anybody know which the earliest version of iCue that supports the H115i RGB Platinum is?

Edit 4: Tried iCue 3.11.114, still the same USB disconnect/reconnect problems due to iCue crashing, especially when running Steam.

Edit 5: Back to the latest iCue 3.12.118. Still disconnecting. No betterment in sight. Back to using this workaround to prevent USB Disconnects until Corsair can fix their iCue Software or a better solution is found.

I wonder if it's a Firmware issue. Does anybody know where to find older firmware releases for the H115i RGB Platinum to test out?

Edited by Glzmo

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey... Is there any solution for this?

Just started experiencing this issue. Only seem to appear if the 2 fans on the H100i Plat are ≤ 50% over 50% no problem, but please do not tell me that I should just have my fans ≥ 50% as this is not working as designed and what I paid for. I am sure this is Corsair/iCUE related as I can also hear the fans jump to 100% then to 0% then back to where it was. Nothing else stops working just the H100i Plat.

Also due to some cable management I have switched USB slots on the mobo and now I got 2x of the AIOs in iCUE.... Which was mentioned in this exact thread sometime in 2019 as I see. Please see:

3CWfpSY

Apparently a bug still not resolved.

The best thing in that is that I can control the pump only with the H100i Plat and the fans only with the H100i Plat (1) or the 2nd redundant AIO in iCUE.

Before I had the issue of my whole PC freezing when iCUE was installed (blue death stopped straight after uninstalling iCUE), had issues with their K95 Plat XT... For all those issues there are threads going back years and they won't even acknowledge the issues.....

God I hope my PSU from them won't catch on fire spontaneously..........

Any idea how to fix the broken Corsair software or just trash it?

Any idea how to fix the broken Corsair software or just trash it?

I'd just trash it. I've spent so many hours trying to resolve USB driver issues with their hardware that I gave up and moved all of the fans off their controller onto the motherboard.

Mass regrets buying their hardware....for the price the software should be really dialed in and it's clearly not. Every issue someone has on here I've found someone points it to being a Windows issue or a USB issue that's not iCUE related....yet every single issue comes up once iCUE starts.

I signed onto the forum hoping to be proactive and try to figure out what was going on and make it work right but the more time I waste the more I'm realizing I am just working (for free) to debug someone else's poorly written drivers.

Move on to something with less issues would be my advice. I'm out around $250 or so myself (115i cooler w/ rgb + a couple of additional fans.)

• Confused 1

I've had similar issues after installing a H100i RGB Pro XT - random mouse cursor freezing and on enabling the diagnostic logs it's just spammed full of array out of range errors every second.

Corsair support gave me the run around for weeks, re-install iCUE, try this version, try that version, provide us the logs and full system specs/dumps... all for nothing.

I'd literally asked at the very beginning if either my Razer keyboard or the RAT6+ mouse could be the culprit in support case initially as they do both have RGB capability.

So after eliminating my peripherals 1 by 1 it turns out it is my MadCatz RAT6+ mouse. As soon as that gets plugged in even with the MadCatz drivers/software uninstalled BAM error city in the logs again, unplug it and everything goes back to normal.

So at this point I have to run the AIO with no control software and if I want to adjust anything I need to temporarily re-install iCUE to do so.

Corsair support have basically just said - sorry incompatible device, contact the mouse vendor and we're closing the ticket.

Absolutely worthless... MadCatz won't care, why would they? It works fine with literally everything else I have software and hardware wise.

Bottom line is iCUE has no business attempting to communicate with the device and Corsair support have informed me that there is currently no way to exclude "incompatible devices" from iCUE's dirty tentacles.

I'm at the point where buying this thing was clearly a mistake, iCUE is bloated junk software and with the pathetic level of support on it I'm done with Corsair period.

Just going to rip this out, throw it in the trash and buy an NZXT Kraken AIO instead, which is sad as the hardware itself without iCUE actually performs pretty well.

I've had similar issues after installing a H100i RGB Pro XT - random mouse cursor freezing and on enabling the diagnostic logs it's just spammed full of array out of range errors every second.

Corsair support gave me the run around for weeks, re-install iCUE, try this version, try that version, provide us the logs and full system specs/dumps... all for nothing.

I'd literally asked at the very beginning if either my Razer keyboard or the RAT6+ mouse could be the culprit in support case initially as they do both have RGB capability.

So after eliminating my peripherals 1 by 1 it turns out it is my MadCatz RAT6+ mouse. As soon as that gets plugged in even with the MadCatz drivers/software uninstalled BAM error city in the logs again, unplug it and everything goes back to normal.

So at this point I have to run the AIO with no control software and if I want to adjust anything I need to temporarily re-install iCUE to do so.

Corsair support have basically just said - sorry incompatible device, contact the mouse vendor and we're closing the ticket.

Absolutely worthless... MadCatz won't care, why would they? It works fine with literally everything else I have software and hardware wise.

Bottom line is iCUE has no business attempting to communicate with the device and Corsair support have informed me that there is currently no way to exclude "incompatible devices" from iCUE's dirty tentacles.

I'm at the point where buying this thing was clearly a mistake, iCUE is bloated junk software and with the pathetic level of support on it I'm done with Corsair period.

Just going to rip this out, throw it in the trash and buy an NZXT Kraken AIO instead, which is sad as the hardware itself without iCUE actually performs pretty well.

What diagnostics logs did you see that in?

(I have similar issues).

I agree, they provide the worst customer support I've ever seen. Pointing fingers at Windows... It's the operating system, you operate your software on it so you should optimize and adapt your iCUE to Windows, :mad: Corsair :mad:!

I do work in DevOps too, I know how hard it is to create a properly functioning software and to provide an at least acceptable level of support for it, especially for something that's used by tens of thousands of people with hundreds of kinds of issues, but acknowledging the bugs and the problems is the 1st step!!!!!

Nevertheless, I have my issues fixed at the moment. I went to check, perhaps my firmwares are not up to date. Turns out they were, anyhow I decided to go ahead and force an update. The USB disconnect issue and the fans going up to 100% then down to 0% then back to normal issue disappeared. Surprise surprise instead of going up to 100% then to 0% then to normal, the fans just got stuck at 100%. I didn't want to do anything else to troubleshoot this as I was afraid of the USB issue coming back, but I couldn't bear the noise of the fans anymore so I just had to fix it. Tried everything from once again switching USB ports for the H100i Plat, changing the slot the AIO's fan cable is connected to, to switching off USB selective suspend and uninstalling all my fan monitor/control software, HWInfo64 and Asus AI Suite that I use to control the rest of the fans connected to my mobo. Nothing worked until I went and forced an update of the FW for the AIO once again. In the middle of the update my PC simply switched off, no blue death or anything just completely off. Upon restart I went back to iCUE, forced another update and at the moment, as I said, all issues are gone. Awaiting the next challange that Corsair throws at me for my money!

I have no idea how this issue could just come out of nowhere as I did not update the FW, the last time was months before the issue appeared. I was already running the latest, I do check every week usually.

@puglord I'm glad I decided not to buy their so called commander pro. Thanks to Asus for their awesome motherboards and their features.

@rubba.chikin I've had issues with Corsair trying to take over my motherboard, rendering a few of it's functions useless. Disabling SDK and Plugins in the iCUE settings solved that issue for me. I hope that helps because as you said, why would MadCatz care that your Corsair AIO doesn't work properly. I'm just not sure why Corsair wouldn't care!

@Sineira You can enable logging in iCUE settings then export them to a zip file.

I hope you all get your issues resolved. Best of luck,

@rubba.chikin I've had issues with Corsair trying to take over my motherboard, rendering a few of it's functions useless. Disabling SDK and Plugins in the iCUE settings solved that issue for me. I hope that helps because as you said, why would MadCatz care that your Corsair AIO doesn't work properly. I'm just not sure why Corsair wouldn't care!

Yes I've tried unchecking the SDK and Plugins checkboxes - was one of the steps the support team asked me to try.

Didn't help in this particular instance.

I also happen to work in IT as a sysadmin type/systems eng role so am very comfortable trawling through log files for troubleshooting hardware/software/applications and dealing with vendor support etc

This is the weakest of weaksauce types of excuses being used to weasel their way out of providing a fix for their own poorly designed and tested software.

I've had good experiences with Corsair RAM in the past which is why I did not hesitate to buy the H100i, but from how lame and ineffective their support has been they've basically trashed their reputation with me.

I'm due for a PC rebuild and you can rest assured there will be zero Corsair parts used in that build after this experience.

@rubba.chikin

Try going to devmgmt.msc - Mice and other pointing devices.. Assumed you have iCUE installed at the moment, do you have anything there that's from Corsair?

Right click on them - Properties - Events tab - Scroll down by the 'Information' box and check the Parent Device. Try disabling the ones from Corsair if you have any. Don't uninstall as they'll get installed back with the next boot.

The actual mouse should have the Parent Device: USB - might vary.

@rubba.chikin

Try going to devmgmt.msc - Mice and other pointing devices.. Assumed you have iCUE installed at the moment, do you have anything there that's from Corsair?

Right click on them - Properties - Events tab - Scroll down by the 'Information' box and check the Parent Device. Try disabling the ones from Corsair if you have any. Don't uninstall as they'll get installed back with the next boot.

The actual mouse should have the Parent Device: USB - might vary.

Nope not installed as it drives me insane trying to work with my mouse randomly freezing on me, I just set and forget the AIO and uninstall iCUE.

I don't mind re-installing to test though, got nothing to lose at this point.

I have some standard Corsair non-RBG type RAM but nothing else other than the H100i, zero Corsair peripherals.

So I could see during the iCUE install that there's 2 new HID-compliant mouse virtual devices that get added. On checking events tab I see:

Parent Device: CorsairBus\virtualdevice&10\1&1a590e2c&12&{e7fd4ace-ee13-11e2-afda-000c29100502

So disabled those 2.

I know from my own troubleshooting and threads here that there's also a "Corsair composite virtual input device" as well under the Human Interface Devices.

I had tried uninstalling + deleting driver for that ("disable" is greyed out) as well with no luck last time.

I tried the same method of checking the Events tab on all of the HID items and sure enough there is a "HID-Compliant consumer control device" with a Corsair parent device... Disabled.

Even with all of these items disabled it unfortunately doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

As a last resort I uninstalled/deleted drive for the composite device - that takes out the disabled HID items so I'm assuming that means it is the parent virtual device.

It's pretty easy for me to check if the problem persists - just enable "Debug logging" in the settings and check the service_error.log and service_trace.log and they are being hammered once again - see attached screenshot.

Note that Enable SDK and Enable Plugins options are already unchecked (Corsair support requested I try that prior).

I've also had 2 long cursor freezes already since starting this testing so it's most definitely still broken even with the composite device uninstalled and gone.

The AIO USB isn't even plugged in so iCUE should really be doing absolutely nothing.

I also know there's 3 services configured on install

Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service

Corsair LLA Service

Corsair Service

With Corsair Service disabled + stopped the log errors cease, so that confirms that it's the root of the issue, however I'm 99.9% certain that also means that if I plugged in the AIO it's not going to talk to that either so what's the point.

My guess would be that there's some kind of USB device discovery function occurring that runs from of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe" which is failing horribly at communicating with the RAT6 mouse.

Or even worse, that its just straight up trying to poll devices it is unable to successfully communicate with.

Judging by the logs it's throwing data at it constantly every second so I'm not surprised it gets unhappy.

Likely to be sloppy or complete lack of error catches for this type of behavior in the software so instead of giving up on things it can't talk to it just keeps on trying indefinitely every second.

HID_Corsair.png.5336f3e59944bb631d1e1449f33b09a5.png

Edited by rubba.chikin
  • Like 1

I haven't done a lot of debugging, but I'm having this exact issue on my new Corsair Vengeance a7200 series PC. Basically if iCue is running there's a chance for all my USB devices to cascade disconnect and then reconnect all at once.

Judging by those PC specs and that its an AMD Ryzen 5000 series you should probably read this thread:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189994

and also:

It's more likely to be this issue if it's a Corsair built and supplied machine rather than an icue + incompatible device... unless you've got non-corsair peripherals attached to it.

Judging by those PC specs and that its an AMD Ryzen 5000 series you should probably read this thread:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189994

and also:

It's more likely to be this issue if it's a Corsair built and supplied machine rather than an icue + incompatible device... unless you've got non-corsair peripherals attached to it.

I mean, I don't own any other corsair peripherals, it may be partially an AMD issue, but it *definitely* does not ever occur while icue is removed.

I mean, I don't own any other corsair peripherals, it may be partially an AMD issue, but it *definitely* does not ever occur while icue is removed.

What are you running for peripherals? It could be something similar to what I'm experiencing.

I'd recommend going to icue settings and enable the debug logging

Then go check: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\CUE\Service logs

My screenshot was the wrong one apparently in my last post - see the one attached here.

If you're getting errors there will be an error log catching them in here - Service_Error.log If there's no errors occurring the error log won't be created and you'll just see the Service_Trace.log file.

I am using a log tool to view them but you can still read them in notepad.exe just fine.

Debug_Logs_Corsair.thumb.png.3b745abb0ef94298bcab97c7d7bb3990.png

I have a bunch of these, what does it mean?

Also, why is it 3.37.0.8? I'm on 3.37.1.140

2021-03-01 16:46:14.5375 | 193 | MAIN | 3.37.0.8 | CommandStateMachine | The command 0xFE got System.TimeoutException

System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.

at HumanInterfaceDevice.TimingOutThreadRunner.Start(Action action, TimeSpan timeout, ILog logger)

at HumanInterfaceDevice.HidDevice.Read()

at HumanInterfaceDevice.HidDevice.GetInputReportAsync(Byte reportId)

at CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Core.CommandStateMachine.<MoveNext>d__3.MoveNext()

• 1 month later...
Bumping to try and help previous posters and to see if anything new has been found. I gave up long ago trying to use icue because of how unstable it makes the entire system but I would love to read my psu power draw again someday.