momorious

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finally got an answer from Corsair;

Thank you for contacting support. A repair on our iCue software may resolve this issue. Within Windows 10:

Right click Windows Start Menu and click on "Apps & Features"

You should see "Corsair iCue Software"

Click on "Modify"

Go through the process and you'll have a "Repair" option.

Allow this to finish and test your hardware again. Please let me know if the problem continues, so we can further troubleshoot.

Regards,

James

I tried this, but it still happened once. Will do some more testing.

I finally got an answer from Corsair;

Thank you for contacting support. A repair on our iCue software may resolve this issue. Within Windows 10:

Right click Windows Start Menu and click on "Apps & Features"

You should see "Corsair iCue Software"

Click on "Modify"

Go through the process and you'll have a "Repair" option.

Allow this to finish and test your hardware again. Please let me know if the problem continues, so we can further troubleshoot.

Regards,

James

I tried this, but it still happened once. Will do some more testing.

Haha!

Wish it was that easy😀

So using the version I mentioned in my earlier post I have not had the issue occur. So its nice to see Corsair has no bloody idea how to fix this from the posts I have read. Boy it is nice to know that the company who makes the items and software in question has no bloody idea how to fix their own problems.

Devs you really need to stop hiding and respond to this as it is an ongoing and rather annoying issue. Please explain to us how something this widespread was not caught in testing. Or is Corsair becoming like Logitech and just making their users be the testers for "working" software?

Seriously I have loved you guys for a long time and something like this won't affect that but really? How was this missed?

What version of icue are you running? Which cooler do you have? H115i or h100i?

3.1.133 Which I mentioned was posted earlier. As for cooler none, but the symptoms I have been experiencing were the exact same as what I was reading here and felt that it should be noted that this issue which is affecting you guys with the coolers is also affect ALL corsair products. This way the devs who are apparently hiding in their offices and refusing to show their faces here would be able to ignore yet another thread stating that their software lately has SUCKED. And until someone from Corsair, preferably someone from the iCue team, actually mans/womans up and acknowledges this issue and takes ownership of the problem with plans to fix it ASAP, I will continue to call those idiots out until they actually do so.

All I want is working software for the products I bought. And while I may not have the coolers yall have I would all buy guarantee you that downgrading will help. I have not had the issue affecting ALL Corsair products that utilize the iCue come up since I downgraded.

And yes if it seems like I'm getting a little more direct in calling out the devs then you would be right.

Try the older version and see how it works out. You might lose some minor functionality but it should stop the devices ********* themselves every few hours/minutes/seconds.

And again for the record here are all my Corsair products being affected by this to give you some idea:

Void Pro Wireless

MM800 Polaris

ST100 Stand

M65 Pro

K95 Platinum

And for the company I will add that I recently bought almost $1,200 worth of ram across 2 systems within the last month and a half as well. Fix This Sh**

ADDED INFO FOR THE DEVS WHO ARE IN HIDING:

The problem is with the service running that controls this, of that I am sure. The problem is the service, the problem is the service, THE PROBLEM IS THE SERVICE!!!!

Edited by Waukeen

I figured I'd join the club. My H115i Platinum does the same. In fact, I thought it was a hardware problem! So I had mine exchanged and.. here we are again.

I'm not sure what's more annoying: This, or the fact that every other time I start iCue it doesn't recognize any of my devices.

I have to report some very bad news...

I was in contact with Corsair James from the Support Team. I experienced a very nice customer service and after several mails I was asked if I can send in my pump because they think this could be a hardware issue. The new replacement pump was said to be tested in the Corsair HQ in the USA before they sent it to me. They tested the new pump several hours, including stress testing in games etc. All with Arc enabled which gives me the most USB disconnects. They said they had one USB disconnect but then never again so they shipped it to me on Monday and I got it already today (outstanding, didnt knew that its possible to send a package from USA to Germany within 2 days).

I installed the new pump today and guess what?! 45 minutes later I got the first USB disconnect.

So its NOT a hardware issue but for sure a software issue and it looks like Corsair actually dont know whats causing this issue. So people, just you are aware, dont expect a fix for this anytime soon. My best guess is that most probably Game of Thrones will end before this fix is with us... :(

I have to report some very bad news...

I was in contact with Corsair James from the Support Team. I experienced a very nice customer service and after several mails I was asked if I can send in my pump because they think this could be a hardware issue. The new replacement pump was said to be tested in the Corsair HQ in the USA before they sent it to me. They tested the new pump several hours, including stress testing in games etc. All with Arc enabled which gives me the most USB disconnects. They said they had one USB disconnect but then never again so they shipped it to me on Monday and I got it already today (outstanding, didnt knew that its possible to send a package from USA to Germany within 2 days).

I installed the new pump today and guess what?! 45 minutes later I got the first USB disconnect.

So its NOT a hardware issue but for sure a software issue and it looks like Corsair actually dont know whats causing this issue. So people, just you are aware, dont expect a fix for this anytime soon. My best guess is that most probably Game of Thrones will end before this fix is with us... :(

what unit are you running? H100i or 115i?

The h100i platinum I have hasnt given me any disconnets, or flickers etc... so not sure if this is widespread or limited to certain units

I've got the H100i RGB Platinum, and have this problem repeatedly. I've got my AIO connected with the RGB Hub, Commander pro, and all wires are connected properly. Intermittently the fans stutter in their lighting effect and the RGB system restarts, with a repeated USB disconnect sound. This happens intermittently, sometimes happening in rapid succession, other times it can be 30 minutes between. Hopefully Corsair can eventually issue a fix via iCue

Momorious, out of curiosity have you updated to the latest iCUE software, 3.11 from a couple of days ago? I was having the same issues as you, and updating the software resolved 90% of the problem for me. I still get disconnects, but instead of constantly, I've gotten one on reboot (resolved by quitting and restarting iCUE), and then one more disconnect while the machine was running. Resolved by changing to a different profile and then changing back to the original one. This disconnect has happened only once in the 48 hours since the software upgrade.

I still have a ticket on these remaining issues, but once every day or two is WAY better than before.

Why are you guys still using the iCUE software if it's still buggy, I'm confused? My h115 platinum works perfectly fine without it running everything connected to mobo.

Because for me i put my money on corsair and i have a commander pro who controls all the other fans in my case. Also it is nice to have the software to regulate the pump and fan speeds.

Why are you guys still using the iCUE software if it's still buggy, I'm confused? My h115 platinum works perfectly fine without it running everything connected to mobo.

Because you cant control the lighting of the pump in any other software? Honestly, really stupid question.

And also because my whole System is Corsair so I need to run iCUE anyway to control mouse, keyboard, ram, LL fans, Commander Pro etc.

So here I am back after my old PSU blew up and its nice to see not much has changed, was wondering if the new version fixed anything. Seems it didn't. And while I will still use Corsair for stuff since while software is annoying when required, this HX1200i is the shtt and I love the info even on the old version of iCue but I had a thought catching up on this thread....

How F#%*ed would it be if the issue causing the problem caused the PSU to die each time....That would probably be mailed back in pieces :P

But since the iCue dev team doesn't seem to know their own software let me outline what all I believe is happening:

Since I have not seen the problem occur with the version I am running and have been setting up weird freaky lighting profile I set up to hammer the software. Ver: 3.1.133 you can find this on Softpedia if you google for it. As for any other version I draw the line on checking them all. Solved my issue minus some minor functionality level things (Like tying a section of the keyboard to display the GPU temp since I don't watch temps when I am gaming. Now that said I do like that feature since I have had a fan fly apart silently before while using it...that GPU got hot. And I also have a couple thoughts on where in the issue might lie. I will get to that shortly)

As for any other stuff that might have been added I can't identify anything. And while I don't expect it to help can anyone add any missing features between versions so those who might have this issue can see what they are in for and can decide for themselves if this will work for them.

As for what could be causing it, I have a feeling it is somehow tied to how the CorsairService is polling the system, and while I admit I only noticed this missing, but how it is polling the sensors on the video card [series/specific model(s)/make]. The other reason I am leaning towards sensor polling being the issue is due to the fact that unless you're specifically interested in that feature most people will likely not know it even exists. And while I doubt the dev team will be able to make sense out of their own mess maybe we should post system specs for their perusal (He||, they can slap my whole system together if they grab a card from EVGA a cpu and a 970 Pro....Anyway heres my system and willing to confuse the devs more if they would like me to send log files since they will be made with a working software version. Because I'll be damned if I'm going to install something else until this is resolved....Now time for system

AMD Ryzen 7 2700

Samsung SSD drives (Specifically 970 Pro, 860Pro and Evo and 840Evo)

EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 (specifically 11G-P4-6696-KR)

Gigabyte X470 AORUS Gaming 5

Corsair 32Gb RAM (specifically CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

Corsair HX1200i PSU

Corsair Obsidian 500D SE

Corsair MM800

Corsair K95 Platinum

Corsair Void Pro Wireless

Corsair ST100

Corsair M65 Pro

Corsair Commander Pro

Corsair Multiple Fans

The other reason I want to do this is so Corsair can see just how invested with Corsair that some of us are.

FTS

Edited by Waukeen

To give you another datapoint, I use a zotac card, not an evga card.

As far as I recall Zotac is nVidia. Which doesn't discount my theory. What model exactly? And does anyone out there run an AMD gpu who is experiencing this?