Corsair Community

Problem with middle click? Solution inside.

Since when I bought the original M65, I've been using it for long time in my life and I liked it.

But the middle click began to become less responsive. I've had to press it harder to actually register the middle click.

Then I was going to RMA it, but decided to have it on my secondary computer (HTPC) and buy M65 RGB for my main PC.

A while later my M65 RGB has the exact same problem with middle click not registering. I was disappointed that I might have to RMA it. I was frustrated trying to think of a better and quicker solution.

I can recall similar problem with other old technologies which the buttons require harder press to register, or sometime won't register at all. The culprit is usually dust or other dirt between the button conductors and had to be wiped to make the button work like a charm.

While it's quite impossible to disassemble my M65 down to middle click's conductors, I rotated M65 RGB to right and mashed the middle button as fast as I can as if there is dirt beneath it and pretending I was trying to shake it out.

The middle click now works like a charm.

I was excited and thought I could do the same with my older M65, and I've done it and it now works like a charm too!

I was amazed how simple it can be to get them working without having to press harder.

You can try it for yourself if you have the same problem with middle click not registering without having to press it harder. Though be warned, it may wear down M65 mouse faster.

Edited by Lucario
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

Dude, you deserve a beer, a big THANK YOU! I did as you instructed, rotate to the right side and a few clicks was sufficient! :D:

I have a M65 mouse and for three months I was having this same problem and after a while the middle button didn't work anymore, even putting a big pressure.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'd be careful with that..

I've had this mouse for a while and had a bunch of issues with the middle click. The biggest problem is the plastic "fingers" sticking out of the scroll wheel that are holding it in place - they're very fragile. I did the same smacking stuff and all it did was eventually snap one of the "fingers" off the scroll wheel.

Now the scroll wheel is only supported by one side, lucky for me it's the side that allows me to use the scroll wheel, but the middle click functionality is gone. I tried to glue the piece back, but aligning it meant I had to sand a bit off - and it eventually resulted in the thing breaking again in a way that was just not fixable.

Unfortunately Corsair don't sell a replacement scroll wheel, so just be extra careful with what you do to it.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the issue but on my scimitar mouse, I had for a little over a year. I use the middle click all the time, browsing the web, opening youtube videos in new tabs until it suddenly stopped working. Thankfully this was the first place I looked. I tried palm clicking it harshly while it was sideways but what actually worked was quickly spamming the middle-click with an object for faster clicking.

When I'm 21 I'll get you a beer, how about that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just received a new Scimitar Pro mouse I bought from Amazon and the middle click seems to need quite a lot more force for it to give the clicking sound. I'm not sure if it's normal behavior or should I consider this a faulty unit?

I did try the solution provided here, tilted the mouse to the right and pressed the middle mouse button rapidly (didn't smash it cause I'm afraid of causing damage to the new mouse) but I don't feel any difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I am one of those that registered only to thank the OP. I use the middle button to reload when playing FPS games and I must say that so far, so good. I also bound the button to a letter and tried it before entering the game and now every click, no matter how soft I am on the button, writes the letter.

I didn't click hard while having the mouse tilted and tried between 15 to 20 times and somehow it worked for me.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Lucario, you deserve a beer or whatever you prefer. It did the trick on Nightsword as well. I'm shocked. Because of the same issue (and thanks to Amazon) I replaced a Glaive, and a DarkCore... and I was going to surrender and buy another mouse of another Brand. To be honest, I had the M65 but did not had this specific issue.

I tried with compressed air, but didn't solved. I don't want to open the mouse to keep the warranty, and your trick was 100% working, so thank you so much.

(still astonished how easy it was.... lol)

• 5 months later...

I've had this problem with every corsair mouse I've ever owned and even RMA'd it a few times for this very issue. I just tried this method and it did not work for me on the IRONCLAW. I believe it's dog hair in there which is very difficult to get out of the tiny middle click sensor. Such a shame to replace the entire mouse for such a stupid little sensor.

Has anyone tried any preventive measures? Maybe.. dab of hot glue or something around the edges of it? I'm not sure how to clear out the sensor without redoing the solder or something. But if I buy a new one maybe I can do something to protect it.