Corsair Community

iHue: A Phillips Hue sync clone for Corsair RGB Lighting

djhexx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the type of thing i have spent months searching for can i ask will this also include the option to control the leds of fans for example the corsair ll120 fans smashing work so far

Yeah this should work for fans. I dont have any fans to test with though. The fans I have are connected through a H115i PRO which doesn't appear to work with the underlying rgb.net library....yet. But I think fans connected to corsairs fan hub should work in theory since it routes through a commander pro or lighting node pro. Maybe you can help me test this out? :)

Edited by djhexx

This looks great, can't wait to try it out! Top work!

I also have the LL series fans so am happy to help test if it's of any help.

Once I get this configuration usable from the UI, I'll toss a link for the binary. For developers in the group, it's all on github if you want to brave it out. Just use the GDI screen generator, not the direct x ones for now unless you're playing rocket league.

Yeah this should work for fans. I dont have any fans to test with though. The fans I have are connected through a H115i PRO which doesn't appear to work with the underlying rgb.net library....yet. But I think fans connected to corsairs fan hub should work in theory since it routes through a commander pro or lighting node pro. Maybe you can help me test this out? :)

yes i currently have 4 corsair ll120 fans connected through the lighting node pro and can definately test it out for you no probs thanks

Slightly off topic, I'm taking a break from the code to finish up my custom lighting strips. Why is it only slightly off topic? Because if you look at the device configuration page in a previous post, you'll notice I added this concept of "Skip" and "Take" when creating groups. The reason for that is the fact that I've created strips of varying sizes in my setup. For example, under my computer I have 2 strips of size = 3 under my PSU and 4 under the computer right next to that. The problem is, iCue only officially recognizes led strips of size = 10. So with skip and take, I am able to select a specific "strip" and take 3 for the first physical strip. Then I skip 3, take 3 for the second strip and then skip 6 take 4 for the last strip. :) If anyone is interested in custom strips or extension cables, PM me.

fERO4_mLRsxUAJ52zto382qucvQ8u0sa-ULWtOyP6_xZt_7MNak0dSWYaTSovV9FL-HP9LIYzj1uqtSfaP4C7nEOmd-ocW9rfh1OOTKYlws4UO3BQnh157FnY-XvbLIaz6G8Sde6XSW2x4YYwI9HQBrY0cR4iQi5sSiSXmrzGq4Lq8cJuInaReZ2ofVKUrpEqkDpTnhISb9JhivAqP8dHPmB6FeekRxCtgxx6lfEVgp-FzIovcE4yYl6oeznkwLCSlDbuJfpBwWeaO6rQeoNcFjykWzGD6gEcFauYD6BBS585a_srNstCK66Ea29zEUEBoFF_XF6TtH8KmczKIXMTsgnz9E0ShLNLOomFafONvYChPlFe7zPQNY4Ojuawh6bIHrDcK2b-mHWEEPmgEchadHup_J9E-mda6dFRhADlfrmqu_2UlcCBtD6rxl-YpQuIPfrH541z-exuFTRovdxHNXOSoshJl5kIT5y8Plf68N_P-KuYFH4p1HnSjlQsau8XL_Qa0-GAoPzZF8ReZfILrfFpxjRiR2_mcn318hDpNfCOLLJP21nbQ1QDCbZpykQAxrimnYzE1-c6np65C9OG-eM5p1fdwaCybfECCt2gEpxtiQATthXfu7KEZix4b4vSuBFTVo4K4CebosrpFffQ4ckqYSK5vtj=w1731-h1298-no

donfFzc27n2jRIPvT0WnvkocsuaxJ0b_ESC3hLxgs_1A798H-hBSvNf35gBgdW1a3hqRtH-rtpo6qhCAr_-Sh-uwa_5wJFTJeP-Sgq53F0UTOWKH8KZ-fqcOK2Rsb733CVJn-ey7xLlc1KuNv44oN8vXa0NQDDxuBtfWFRPLBmbqc2TeosicR4IwJeXmn2jqNuZ9myjfWrVbMdWZp-fuO8CH68AUu3hTCgurIZT0BkEKcn5oyCPBf7ZoVwLHMco_tK3aNpGB-elk-9AqFz0vDTazAnbVRC1ZljjdNjF8L-cJb0RP5Frh8hgnMcj5NzBesKKbztAt6El4_zesIy03c9wIgWRZoReCVs18wfDck6PdtQ7txWv_X6HeL8NpJ14GMF3uNAxwoHc069yZUa2l2ggmKoPZzg4BYimywK8TKNKBHEJntNuY55bm00C3HSgD7JrTLWkyCmjLbwxxJAFXTa7aiFbbvrAzbGF6zTyE1SjLCEw5T-Wyq1Bi2p_PpZFXW8dZkYT1gZeJqtcsxDvc3sWmGh2S9wtPFzzRkjBjaP878aOFlAy1FObqEsDpZFMYyBLVqenVFV77uo6RCYKvvYDB3GFp2NT-1_AC3st6IQuU4OSOJxjPrgbVF24ajzBZwFfFipaEtDJR_N9wMjM8maGoPAsZhlBs=w1731-h1298-no

Edited by djhexx

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, I have been busy working hard on this. So close. Right now I have a working UI to do all the device and screen area configurations. The UI is still rough and there are a few bugs that need to be worked out. I'll likely rebuild the whole thing later. But for now, it's functional.

In addition, I have also added the ability to filter out colors that dont meet a certain threshhold (configurable) or another ability to ignore dominant colors that are too far from the chose colors for the screen area. Why do you want things like this? For example, if your screen is mosly black with a big Red blob in the middle, do you want your lights to turn off or red?

Screen-Configuration.png

Device-Configuration.png

Edited by djhexx

anyone know how i go about testing this i have no idea at all how to compile the build but have quite a range of corsair products which i can test and provide feedback on heres what i have

corsair vengence rgb ram

corsair h100i rgb platinum se cooler

4 corsair ll120 rgb fans

corsair k70 mk2 se keyboard

corsair m65 elite mouse

anyone know how i go about testing this i have no idea at all how to compile the build but have quite a range of corsair products which i can test and provide feedback on heres what i have

corsair vengence rgb ram

corsair h100i rgb platinum se cooler

4 corsair ll120 rgb fans

corsair k70 mk2 se keyboard

corsair m65 elite mouse

You can use the community edition of visual studio found here https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio/?sku=Community&rel=16

There is a bug with screen areas that is going to stop it from working at the moment, so unless you're a programmer, I'd recommend avoiding an attempt. I'll have official binaries out for everyone to download once it's ready. Getting very close. Just very busy with other things at the moment. :)

Edited by djhexx

Hi Hexx!

First of all, just wanted to say how grateful I am for your commitment to this project! I have long been looking for something like this to come from Corsair into Cue/iCue.

I've been so far using Aurora and trying to implement my own take on the Ambilight for Corsair LEDs (my programming skills are simply not yet enough I guess), so glad someone with brains has taken this matter into their own hands!

Really looking forward to the outcome

I'll try to clone your gitrep and build to crashtest.

Hi Hexx!

First of all, just wanted to say how grateful I am for your commitment to this project! I have long been looking for something like this to come from Corsair into Cue/iCue.

I've been so far using Aurora and trying to implement my own take on the Ambilight for Corsair LEDs (my programming skills are simply not yet enough I guess), so glad someone with brains has taken this matter into their own hands!

Really looking forward to the outcome

I'll try to clone your gitrep and build to crashtest.

I appreciate the gratitude, it helps to inspire!

FYI, repo is in heavy flux right now and the engine is being re-written to be much simpler and streamlined. Don't bother with the UI, as it won't work with the new engine yet.. Just run iHue.ConsoleApp project if you want to try out a work in progress console app. Note, you must copy the CUESDK files into the build folder or else it's going to throw an exception. It's not ready for release at all, so clone at your own potential diappointment. :)

I appreciate the gratitude, it helps to inspire!

FYI, repo is in heavy flux right now and the engine is being re-written to be much simpler and streamlined. Don't bother with the UI, as it won't work with the new engine yet.. Just run iHue.ConsoleApp project if you want to try out a work in progress console app. Note, you must copy the CUESDK files into the build folder or else it's going to throw an exception. It's not ready for release at all, so clone at your own potential diappointment. :)

Repo is updated, engine revamped, UI is caught up with new engine. Having issues with 1080p which I'll investigate soon. 1080p working will be necessary to call this an official release. Just need to to do a few more things to the UI and add some better logging and exception handling so I can support this thing through a beta run. Must document how it all works too. But feel free to clone/build and take an unsupported shot at running it. Code is ulgy, especially in the UI...but with time I'll get it looking all nice and pretty. :)

That is fantastic news hexx!

I have only tested the ui (it detects the connected devices), "testing" color switching does work, I am still having some issues with saving new groups and assigning different devices to them, but I'm sure i messed up the build :P

The Console App was working very well in the beginning, now it's throwing me out of memory errors, will investigate further.

Edited by MaestroRaymond

That is fantastic news hexx!

I have only tested the ui (it detects the connected devices), "testing" color switching does work, I am still having some issues with saving new groups and assigning different devices to them, but I'm sure i messed up the build :P

The Console App was working very well in the beginning, now it's throwing me out of memory errors, will investigate further.

Oh cool! Nice to hear you're having some level of success! I did quite a few changes in the last few days, particularly on the UI. Just did the most recent commit a few minutes ago.

Final device/screen configuration saving will be done soon. If you want to manually configure it, go into the json files in the /Configuration folder and do it there. I did see some memory issues related to the screenshot cropping at some point. I can't remember if it was due to the 1080p problem or just an temporary bug between commits while I was tinkering around. But all is working good on the 1440p resolution and it seems very stable on my end.

I see, I've tried running it on multiple resolutions but still am getting out of memory error for the ConsoleApp. UI won't start as it's missing "\configScreenshot-f598c940-9231-45a3-9cda-daebe3b111d4.bmp" which I cannot seem to find where to generate.

You're experiencing the troubles of consuming a highly flucuating code base that is not truly meant to be consumed by users yet. :) It's still a bit early for putting in issues as things are going through major changes / overhauls daily. It's in a much better place now than it was before though -- try pulling latest.

You should now be able to load up the UI without a configuration now. If you want to start with a fresh configuration, delete everything in the /Configuration folder except for config.json and it should toss you into a fresh screen configuration screen...

I cleaned up some memory leaks too, though I can't be certain it would fix the problem you saw. If you toss me a stack trace for the out of memory exception, I can tell you if it would be a quick fix or something for later.

Are you running this in visual studio in debug mode? Try to set a breakpoint where you see errors and see what's going on. If you find anything interesting, let me know.

As mentioned in the previous post, too early. But I started up a discord channel if you or anyone wants to chat about the code or iHue in general.

https://discord.gg/SbvM5vD

FYI, I'll likely wont be updating this thread much until release unless people post questions and don't use discord. However, progress updates will be there going forward until a more "official" website is set up. I just posted some new teaser screenshots in there. Posting pictures here is a hassle :roll:

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this, DJHexx! I checked your github and I can't seem to find the project. Would you mind linking it so I can download?

Also, I wanted to build a connection from iCue to Phillips Hue. That's actually how I stumbled across this thread. I suppose a UI that syncs to both would also work. Any interest in pursuing that? Do you have an engine already made that I could build out from?

Thanks again!

Ethan

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this, DJHexx! I checked your github and I can't seem to find the project. Would you mind linking it so I can download?

Also, I wanted to build a connection from iCue to Phillips Hue. That's actually how I stumbled across this thread. I suppose a UI that syncs to both would also work. Any interest in pursuing that? Do you have an engine already made that I could build out from?

Thanks again!

Ethan

Some portion of the engine code may be available later, but this project is going closed source for now.