Corsair Community

Fan Orientation

Whisky Lima

Just a quick suggestion for the graphic for the fans.

It would be nice if the alignment of the LEDs on the graphic in iCue was oriented the same way as the fans in real life.

So for example, if you hold a fan in front of you, there are two LEDs next to each other that I would say are the top of the fan but in iCue, only 1 LED is represented as the top.

if you rotate the image by 45 degrees it's perfect. I have included an image below with the current iCue image on the left and what I think it should look like to better represent the actual fans on the right.

Kkoyx7P.jpg

Just a quick suggestion for the graphic for the fans.

It would be nice if the alignment of the LEDs on the graphic in iCue was oriented the same way as the fans in real life.

So for example, if you hold a fan in front of you, there are two LEDs next to each other that I would say are the top of the fan but in iCue, only 1 LED is represented as the top.

if you rotate the image by 45 degrees it's perfect. I have included an image below with the current iCue image on the left and what I think it should look like to better represent the actual fans on the right.

Kkoyx7P.jpg

This has been noted dude ;).. but well spotted.. now get on Discord lol!!!!

There is a future enhancement coming that will allow users to rotate the fan by 90 degrees so they don't have to unscrew and remount the fans.

Is it also going to be possible to move fans via software just incase you never put the fans in the correct order in the commander pro?

Yes.. I didn't put them in the order I wanted...

• Corsair Employee
Is it also going to be possible to move fans via software just incase you never put the fans in the correct order in the commander pro?

Yes.. I didn't put them in the order I wanted...

No, this can't be solved in software because the LED communication through the light strips is in serial.

No, this can't be solved in software because the LED communication through the light strips is in serial.

So If i want the LED's to sync with the Fans what order in the Commander Pro do I need to have them plugged in?

HD controller in LED slot 1

Front Bottom fan - 1

Front middle fan - 2

Front top fan - 3

Back top fan 4

4 LED's chained together in LED slot 2

Then I have the LED strips all the way round the inside edge of the case.

They don't match up sequential lighting, how would I achieve this?

• 3 months later...
There is a future enhancement coming that will allow users to rotate the fan by 90 degrees so they don't have to unscrew and remount the fans.

That is nice :-)

I hope that also includes 180°, 270° and "mirror", so that effects on top-mounted-out-blowing fans can be seen in the same (counter)clockwise direction as front-mounted-in-blowing fans...

That would be awesome :-D

Also looking forward to the pong effect - there it might also be handy to be able to rotate/mirror the fans individually...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The way I set them up, and it's real easy to remember, is the fans in front will have the LL120/140 barcode label facing to the left (intake). The top fans and rear fan, have the label facing right (exhaust). In a 5/6 fan setup, pong should work properly. I use the pong effect to tune my fan orientation.

corsair.jpg

Edited by eclark5483

• 2 weeks later...

also color left swap is a nice option. Why i ask?

I have 4 as intake fan.

3 in front. 1 at bottom.

1 at back. 2 on H115i Top as exhaust.

So the fans are surrounding the TT View 71 case. However, does not matter how much i try to rotate and align the color for Spiral Rainbow. The orientation of intake vs out. the 2 quadrant color will be flip. Since its intake vs out.

• 2 years later...