Corsair Community

Corsair HS50 left ear not working

taapee

so I've had these for a while and they worked fine. But I recently had dropped them while getting off for the day. I thought nothing of it because I dropped them a bit before. The next day I woke up and i heard on the left ear when I put them on my head or apply pressure, it makes a weird squeaking/clicking noise which I can't really describe but the audio has turned almost completely nonexistent. I could barely hear from the left ear anymore and I fear that its something internal, any help?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue with TWO headsets. Neither were dropped, I thought I was going crazy. Both in the right earcup. Both with that same sound, it sounds like a membrane flexing. Very low volume in right earcup. Brand new HS50's. Literally less than a few weeks old.

I'm returning to the shop I got it from and I've bought a HyperX Cloud, my partner has one and they seem so much sturdier.

Guess what I did to break both of them? I took them off my head. That's all. I didn't throw them against anything, or drop them, or bash them. I just took them off my head. Both times I misjudged and ended up knocking the earcup more into my head than taking them off, it's hard to describe. But they both broke in the same way.

Absolutely useless, flimsy product. I imagine the warehouse at Corsair is filling up with these headsets.

Without a doubt, the worst, flimsiest and most expensive-for-the-quality gaming accessory I've ever used. I actually miss my £20 set of gamecom headset I had many years ago.

• 7 months later...
Had the same problem to me. I removed my headphones, placed them over my neck and took a sip of tea. I put them back up and they're broken, same problem as here. I never dropped it and I had it for 4 weeks. Returning it for a hyperx headset, told that those are better and much more durable.