Corsair Community

iCUE Keeps switching between profiles whilst gaming

NullyNugat

I have created a profile for 7 Days To Die and I have the default one. When I game and press the key (either toggle or just press and hold) it keeps switching between default and the game as I can monitor it on another screen.

Detailed Info in order:

• I created a 7 Days To Die Profile and it is under a folder called gaming and default is just on top.
  • I went to Edit Profile and linked the game and icon for the game.
  • I opened ACTIONS and created a Remap Mouse Button that uses left click to replace the button Q.
  • I Started the game and it switches to the 7 Days To Die profile. I hold in the remapped key and it works for a few seconds then iCUE switches to default and back breaking the function of the remapped key. Whether it's on toggle or not.

Oh and just a bonus. After the recent iCUE update my "i" key sometimes randomly inserts double characters with only one press ex: ii

I have 2 Corsair K95 RGB Mechanical Keyboards (Those with the extra 18 G-Keys to the left of the keyboard) and they give both the same result. They are also different versions

Keyboard Firmware: v.2.05

iCUE Software Version: 3.10.125

Logs.zip

try without the folder?

shouldnt matter but worth a shot. Someone else complained RE the same, but I use the profile binding all the time and it works like 99.999% of the time through many versions.

also no keys are set to profile switch that might be triggered on accident?

try without the folder?

shouldnt matter but worth a shot. Someone else complained RE the same, but I use the profile binding all the time and it works like 99.999% of the time through many versions.

also no keys are set to profile switch that might be triggered on accident?

None of those worked tho, no keys are bound to switch profiles..

Although I did find a workaround, but it's irritating as heck to do as I had removed the Profile's link to the program that makes the profile automatically start.

I now have to manually select or bind the profile to a key for it to constantly stay that way and not switch back to default and then manually switch back to default after I'm done playing. Hope they will fix this!

Edited by NullyNugat

do you know if the game may be launching some other application or process? Some anti cheat methods rotate the name of the game or do other masking of the memory offset. It could be related. or the exe you bound it to could be launching another exe? can you see what is running in Processes, or under details the tabs in the task manager ?

• 11 months later...

Was a solution ever found for this? I am having a very similar problem with Destiny 2. I can't say for sure whether it existed prior to the switch from Battle.net to Steam, as it's been going on for quite some time and I just haven't had time to deal with it, but I am 99% sure it existed under both platforms. Also, when it first started, I didn't know what was actually happening so it took a while just to identify the problem.

I have been testing this issue on multiple versions of the iCUE software, ranging from 3.18.77 to current, The keyboard is a K95 Platinum (firmware v.3.21.28 and earlier, I've updated), the mouse is a Dark Core SE (firmwarre v.3.22 and v.3.35 tested), and the headset is a Void Pro RGB (firmware v.0.01).

Please post if there have been any developments on this! Thank you!

Are you using dual monitors as well? The issue is iCUE will go to the program in focus. If the game is in focus, the linked profile. If anything else is in focus, the default profile (which is the first profile on the top of the list that is not linked to anything).

I gave up on linking profiles a while back. It was too jarring when switching back and forth. The better solution for most people (especially if you are keeping iCUE open in monitor 2) is to delete all the links. Going to play Destiny 2? Click on the Destiny 2 profile. It will stay active until you select another one or quit iCUE.

Are you using dual monitors as well?

Yes, and I am aware that when the program loses focus the profile will switch, and I expect that behavior. The problem is that it will randomly flicker between the game profile and the default profile a couple of times for no apparent reason, as if some other program is taking focus away periodically and then handing it back. I can see when it happens after enabling the iCUE profile OSD feature; the tile flashes between the 2 profiles while in-game.

The work-around may simply be setting a keyboard macro to turn on/off specific profiles (or do it manually), but that will get rather cumbersome over time with many other games being installed/played.

I'll troubleshoot further with fullscreen mode, Windows notification settings, and AV and the like to see if any of those things are interfering...