View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 959238
Corsair Art Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyflucrian View Post
Hello,

I've been having issues with the CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 kit. It ran for over year without an issue then one day the computer shut off and refused to POST - the DRAM diagnostic led staying on. No recent hardware or environmental changes.

I removed each DRAM stick and then tried one at a time in all 4 slots. One of the sticks wouldn't POST in any slot. The other worked fine in all slots.

I RMA'd the kit and received a replacement. Unfortunately, after a few hours the same thing happened again to the new kit. Computer shut down with DRAM diagnostic LED on. One stick wouldn't POST in any slot, the other fine in all slots. (Note: This time stick was in a different slot than the one that previously died)

Before going through the process of RMA'ing the RMA, I borrowed a red version of the kit (CMK16GX4M2A2133C13R) from another machine. Both sticks work in all slots and together with XMP on or off. It has been without issue for 3 days now without error. Gaming and memtest'ing with no issue.

So I'm looking for some thoughts on what could be going on. Was I just unlucky and received a bad replacement kit? Could the motherboard and/or PSU be on the way out and it's only a matter of time before it kills the borrowed kit?
Seems like we'll unfortunately have to replace this again.

-Art