Corsair Community

Difference between H100i V2 Extreme and H100i Pro RGB?

Synomenon

Asided from the Pro RGB having the fancy lights and how the tubing comes out of the block on each model, what are the differences between these two?

I'm guessing the V2 Extreme would probably be the one to go with on a 9900K build (my case can only fit a 240mm radiator)?

No, you should go with the Pro. This is the newer, "current" model.

Key Differences: the Pro has an updated pump that supports 3 speed modes and is a touch more efficient. The Pro also comes with ML fans rather than the older (and MUCH louder) SP-PWM fans.

Thanks guys. As for fans, I was going to replace included fans with white LED ML120's. From the pictures on Corsair's site it looked like the tubing on the Extreme is thicker and I liked how they come straight out of the top of the block instead of the flimsy looking angled connectors the tubes attach to coming out of the side of the block on the Pro..

Well ... that's certainly your call.

Consider, also, that the H100i PRO is SATA powered. This is a Very Good Thing as the H100i V2 is powered from the CPU Fan header - so you have to configure your CPU Fan header in the BIOS at 100% or you'll have issues. The SATA power is far more reliable.

Also ... I have the H100i V2 (and the H80i V2) as well as the H115i PRO (which is the 280mm version of that cooler). The tubing on the PRO series coolers is much, much easier to route. And the thicker tubing won't be any better.

Finally ... you've got two very active and experienced users that have used coolers from both of these families suggesting the Pro over the V2. c-attack, in particular, as near-encyclopedic knowledge of the Corsair coolers. It is a better cooler, regardless of the fans.

But ... hey ... it's your rig.

• 1 year later...
Well ... that's certainly your call.

Consider, also, that the H100i PRO is SATA powered. This is a Very Good Thing as the H100i V2 is powered from the CPU Fan header - so you have to configure your CPU Fan header in the BIOS at 100% or you'll have issues. The SATA power is far more reliable.

As someone installing the Pro right now I was pleasantly suprised to see Sata power over the CPU fan header power. Threw me for a loop because I can see the two coolers are different but is a definite improvement. :biggrin: