View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:24 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972464
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by akipfer View Post
What do u mean not appropriate for coolant temperature? i really don't get what u mean by that....
I mean that your fan curve isn't appropriate for a fan curve that's based on coolant temperature.

The temperature of the coolant shouldn't EVER get to 70C. In fact, it likely won't get above 40-45C. Mine never, ever, ever gets above 35C.

However, your fan curve doesn't start increasing until 40C, which is pretty warm for radiator coolant. And it maxes out at 80C ... and your liquid should never get that warm. Ever.

You have the coolant temperature confused with CPU temperature. They aren't the same. Certainly, they are related - the coolant cools the CPU by absorbing and carrying heat away to be exhausted through the radiator - but the liquid has a higher specific heat than air or metal, so more heat energy is required to increase the temperature. That's part of what makes liquid cooling ideal for both CPUs and car engines.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.