Thread: K70 LUX RGB 3 broken keycaps, need solution
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 02:14 PM

POST ID # = 963793
Alexuk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstrange42 View Post
This has happened to me with several keys now, I put it down to skimping on manufacturing and shaving a bit of the underside of the keys so the supporting areas are brittle. Looking at this it's quite common, and could be considered a manufacturing defect, or a batch issue during production.

I have come up with a solution to this problem. If you manage to save the bits, a small dab of super glue and some bicarbonate of soda sprinkled on to reinforce the stem. Just make sure you don't get glue inside the +. I do this by resting the broken bits in place then dabbing super glue on the barrel part of the + then sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on it to dry fast and add some reinforcement material.

It's worked for all the caps I have managed to save the bits for.

Also, this has nothing to do with the way a person types as I have has many cherry MX keyboards and this is the only one to break like this.

Mine is a CH-9101010-UK K70 RGB LUX Cherry MX Red.

I previously had a K70 with Cherry Red with single colour LEDs and that was fine with no broken keycaps.
Yeah, I did the same thing with the keys that had a cracked stem before I bought the PBT set. super glue helped but I dunno how that will help in the long run as it might make the plastic brittle. Regardless, every time someone asks me for advice on what keyboard to get, I just tell them I have had to superglue-fix my old keys if they are considering Corsair