View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 11:54 AM
ritalin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970798
ritalin Reputation: 10

An update to this issue for the iCue team.

I have suspected that the Sleep issue here revolves around the fact that the Node Pro connects as a USB device directly to a USB header.
Win10 seems to have a ton of these issues with different USB devices.

If the device is booted up with the Node Pro attached and iCue blocked at startup. The sleep issue is NOT present.

If the device is booted with the Node Pro disconnected at the USB header and allow iCue to launch it will only interact with my Corsair Vengeance RBG DIMMs.
The sleep issue is not present.

This issue seems to be related to how iCue interacts with the node pro as a USB device. It is NOT the software itself causing the problem.

I noticed that on boot before the iCue software starts, there are no issues with Sleep/Idle.
When the iCue software starts I get a Win10 notification chime that new hardware has connected (USB). Since Win10 has a good deal of issues revolving around USB and Sleep/Idle, I suspected this might be the root cause. Disconnecting the USB device (node pro) and running iCue without issues seems to confirm that.

Im hoping to get an answer to this soon as my only choices as of right now are to run the fans in demo mode without the software present or reboot my PC every time I step away from it for more than a few minutes.