Corsair Community

H115i Pro Platinum Clearance in a 680x case?

ComplexDrive

I'm planning on top mounting the 280mm rad to the 680x case. Looking at all the pics of completed builds i can't find one that uses a 280 rad... all i've seen use the 240mm rad which looks like they fit nicely... (this is someone else's build on PC part picker, demonstrating that a 240 rad fits fine)

253710.9556bd4bfa6b957ad9ba6374776e797b.1600.jpg

I'm wondering if there will be any clearance issues with the front mounting fans interfering with the tubing from the top mounted 280 rad?

I don't really trust the radiator compatibility specs that show on the 680x product page since I was doing research into possibly using a 360 rad in the front like the product page says it supports, but every build that I see on PC part picker that uses this 360 front config stated that there were clearance issues with the top mounted fans and they had to mount their top fans on the outside of the case closer to the glass....

Edited by ComplexDrive

You should be able to mount the 280mm up top without issue. In the picture, you can see a hint of the expanded space for a 280mm to the rear. The issue with the front mount 360 is it pushes the radiator another 25mm into the case. That radiator is taller (longer) than the 360mm slot for fans and gets into the top fan space. At standard fan depth, there won’t be any collisions.