View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 02:59 PM

POST ID # = 937207
gurglepump Reputation: 10

I thought I would update on this having now swapped the old unit for the newer. If anyone searches for this, as I tried to, hopefully this might help if they need to do the same.

Indeed, the lateral spacing of the standoffs is the same and also the threads are the same. You will have to use the later version standoffs in the older plate as they are considerably taller.

A small tip here: depending on your ease of access to the backplate you should think ahead and replace the standoffs incrementally so the MB holes stay lined up with the backplate's threads. This way you won't have to jiggle it into place to get the first couple of standoff posts to mate with the thread (I've done similar swaps before, but it might not be obvious to some that the plate will fall away if you remove all four of the old posts).

Now the only significant issue I had: The hoses from radiator to cpu are considerably longer on the newer unit. This might make for some Rubik's cube shennanagins in anything other than a full tower. I had to take a front facing bay and the GFX card out in order to accommodate folding in the longer hoses. And that was in a case with quite good access with both sides and the top removed.

edirt: i spellz gud

I am now wearing a fluffy jumper in front of this PC. I had forgotten how chilly this unit can make you when running right :)

Last edited by gurglepump; 01-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.