Corsair Community

Commander Pro not lighting 2 LL of 5.

luizvictor

Firstly, has the RGB ever worked on all 5 fans or is this a recent issue?

If this is a new setup, make sure you have your RGB connectors in sequence on your RGB Hub. In other words, you must have your RGB connectors plugged into in ports 1,2,3,4 and 5. Do not miss a port! Also, have you set up and added your fans in iCUE under Devices/Commander Pro/Lighting Setup?

Firstly, has the RGB ever worked on all 5 fans or is this a recent issue?

If this is a new setup, make sure you have your RGB connectors in sequence on your RGB Hub. In other words, you must have your RGB connectors plugged into in ports 1,2,3,4 and 5. Do not miss a port! Also, have you set up and added your fans in iCUE under Devices/Commander Pro/Lighting Setup?

Hi,

I made all the tests below, using 5 LL fans.

Fans are A, B, C, D ,E.

Fan Hub

1 . A

2 . B

3 . C

4 . D (not working)

5 . E (not working)

When I switch Fan D or E to 1, 2 or 3. It is working.

When I connect Fan A, B, or C, to position 4 or 5. It doesn't work.

So pretty it is a problem with FAN HUB with 4, 5, 6 positions.

I always keeping fans connected to 1,2,3 in sequence in order to have 4 and 5 connected.

image76e2479aa5ea5467.png

CORSAIRFANHUB_2_LUIZVICTORSEIXASQUEIROZ.jpg

Remove Fan C. Put the rest of the fans in order. Does it work?

Also, you may want to test them one at a time - put fan A in port 1. Does it work? If YES, then move to Port 2. Put Fan B in port 1. Does both Fan A AND Fan B light up properly? If YES, then we now know that Fan B is GOOD.

It's a tedious but methodical way to determine if your fans are good. IF the fan lights up AND the next one in the chain, then the fan is good - these fans operate in series and pass the signal from one fan to the next.

• 1 month later...

Does it matter which fan goes in to D?

It's unusual but not unheard of for the fan hub to be flaky. Usually it's one of the fans.

And do you have iCUE configured for 4/5 fans on the channel? You've shown the iCUE screen where the speeds are configured but the lighting is configured separately. How many fans do you see on the Lighting Effects screen?