Corsair Community

K65 - Can't save static lighting profile to hardware memory

Aemstel

Hey guys, sorry for all the problems. Saving to device memory is broken in 3.10. Corsair is looking into it and it should be fixed in 3.11

jesus christ, i wouldn't believe it if i hadn't just tried it.

what kind of QA is this

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

something with the latest updates definitely causing this. K70 LUX having same issue all of a sudden. the previous profile i saved to this device shows by default no matter how many times i click "Save static lighting...to device" for a new profile.

I have M65 Elite too, and i tried 3.7.99 to 3.11.114 i've got only

"your profile was not saved due to a lack of onboard storage space"

It's a new mice, i have her a few hours. Is it a mouse fault?

I have no button "save to device memory" for the mouse...

You tried to add new profile for mice and select hardware profile?

I got my M65 Elite today. I have no button "save to device memory" for the mouse, only for my keyboard. Mouse to new? Have 3.11 installed. Should I try 3.9?

I have M65 Elite too, and i tried 3.7.99 to 3.11.114 i've got only

"your profile was not saved due to a lack of onboard storage space"

It's a new mice, i have her a few hours. Is it a mouse fault?

You tried to add new profile for mice and select hardware profile?

The M65 Elite has on onboard storage profile similar to how the K95 Platinum and K70 Mk.2 keyboards work. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of your profile list in iCUE. You should see a new M65 RGB Elite HW Profile.

Click on the HW profile. Click on the mouse in the device list on top. Create the lighting profile you want for the mouse on boot/iCUE not running. While there, go into your DPI settings and find HW DPI Mode #?. Change the DPI speeds and colors to what you need. Then click the "onboard devices" tab at the bottom. This will bring up a mini-SD card looking icon. This is the save token. Click on it to overwrite the yellow default scheme with your new settings.

The M65 Elite has on onboard storage profile similar to how the K95 Platinum and K70 Mk.2 keyboards work. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of your profile list in iCUE. You should see a new M65 RGB Elite HW Profile.

Click on the HW profile. Click on the mouse in the device list on top. Create the lighting profile you want for the mouse on boot/iCUE not running. While there, go into your DPI settings and find HW DPI Mode #?. Change the DPI speeds and colors to what you need. Then click the "onboard devices" tab at the bottom. This will bring up a mini-SD card looking icon. This is the save token. Click on it to overwrite the yellow default scheme with your new settings.

Thank's for quick response ;]

You should see a new M65 RGB Elite HW Profile.

But there's not. I need to create manually new HW profile (Profile 2). Maybe I'm doing something wrong, here's my screenshots from icue:

9uat66c14ihp_t.jpg 24e19potafvi_t.jpg rcyskg9ywxtp_t.jpg stkbey1jvnth_t.jpg s1457wyguuou_t.jpg

Oh, well look at that... I was not aware we could create hardware profiles in iCUE. That is a relatively new feature. However, I also tried to do the same as you, create a new HW profile, then save it to the M65 Elite. It did not work either, although my error was different. No software feedback at all and no reaction when I tried to save it. As you may have noticed from the length of this thread, there are some save to device issues introduced in the last two iCUE packages. I suspect this should work, but is hampered by the current issues.

On the other hand, my native HW Profile 1 created when I inserted the mouse does work. I just got a second Elite yesterday and plugged in, iCUE 3.11. I do not know the reset sequence for the M65 Elite and it is possibly different than the prior M65 Pro or RGB. However, you could try removing the mouse from the USB, deleting the device in the Widows device manager, then reinserting it to prompt the Windows device set up again. See if that forces iCUE to see it as a new device (possible HW M65 Elite 2). If not, I would start a new post asking how to do a soft reset of the M65 Elite and explain you are not seeing the expected HW profile with the mouse. That is more likely to get noticed than in the mass of this thread. It will also be easier to find for anyone encountering this issue in the future.

However, you could try removing the mouse from the USB, deleting the device in the Widows device manager, then reinserting it to prompt the Windows device set up again. See if that forces iCUE to see it as a new device (possible HW M65 Elite 2). If not, I would start a new post asking how to do a soft reset of the M65 Elite and explain you are not seeing the expected HW profile with the mouse. That is more likely to get noticed than in the mass of this thread. It will also be easier to find for anyone encountering this issue in the future.

I did that befor posting screenshots, I also checked on fresh win10, the problem is still the same. You should start a new thread. I send my mouse to the store for exchange. Give here a link to the new thread.

I did that befor posting screenshots, I also checked on fresh win10, the problem is still the same. You should start a new thread. I send my mouse to the store for exchange. Give here a link to the new thread.

If you need to talk with Corsair directly, use the Support Ticket System or make contact with them through other official channels.

Edited by c-attack
See below

I'm not sure why you feel the need to be testy with me. This is the user's forums. We try to help each other. If you want to complain to Corsair directly, use the Support Ticket System or make contact with them through other official channels. Or wastefully take the mouse back to store for a solvable problem.

I do not understand. I wrote what I did and what's next is wrong. if I deal with it, I will write for sure. If I do not solve the problem in a few days, I will replace it. I really appreciate your help.

I apologize. I think that was an unintended inflection of language that you did not mean to express. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt, but too many people come in angry and it becomes expected.

I think you should start a new post because we are three pages into a thread with multiple people complaining about multiple different devices. Typically Corsair personnel don't jump into the middle of this kind of topic because it is impossible to sort it all out. Also, a lot of these people have an issue that may be software related and probably is being worked on. I think your issue is a bit simpler and can be resolved quickly.

Every now and then when someone inserts a new device, it does not recognize the onboard profiles or load them into CUE. The normal solution is do a "soft reset" of the mouse/keyboard that forces it to reload its stored profile into iCUE and will then allow you to change it. I do not know the soft reset procedure for the M65 Elite or I would tell you. It's fairly new and this is the first time this has come up. If you start a new thread titled something like "M65 Elite - missing HW profile" then copy your post into that thread, I think you have a much better chance of being noticed and answered. Also, if the procedure is different than prior mice, this will make it easier to find the next time. The inability to save newly created "hardware profiles" seems more like a software issue that will have to be sorted out later, but I think you can get your onboard HW M65 Elite HW profile back with nothing more than a few keys and re-plugging the USB.

• 1 year later...
Can somebody please confirm that the k65 lux, can no longer have static lighting assigned to the hardware profile. I had a problem with my keyboard and sadly had to reset it. Now I can't change the default light to match the rest of my system when I am rebooting or logged out of windows. Latest everything installed.

There is a bug in 3.27 with the new save system preventing older keyboards that use the "save to device" method from saving new lighting. You can roll back to 3.26 if you really need to do this now, but be aware your profiles are not backwards compatible and you will loose them. There are several threads in the KB section discussing this as well.

There is a bug in 3.27 with the new save system preventing older keyboards that use the "save to device" method from saving new lighting. You can roll back to 3.26 if you really need to do this now, but be aware your profiles are not backwards compatible and you will loose them. There are several threads in the KB section discussing this as well.

So just to be clear, you are talking about this button I outlined in this screenshot?

** update ** I did what the other guy in this thread said, and installed iCUE 3.26, it worked and allowed me to hardcode my settings into the keyboard... so that I wouldn't ever have to run iCue since it's such a problematic program.

nuQULgE.jpg

Edited by sp1
update on situation

Can anyone tell what does this icon mean?

Also what does the same icon but without the minus in the middle mean?

Just noticed it yesterday when I changed the lighting on my STRAFE RGB (mk.1). Thanks in advance.

icue_icon.thumb.jpg.9f9d4dce670824e9b605839136282552.jpg

Edited by bornam

The new save system allows you to save to hardware from any software profile, not just the special HW profiles. When you have save information in a specific software profile, it will “fill in” the icon so you can tell where you’ve stashed your hardware save lighting while looking at the profile list. However, if you are like me and have a ridiculous number of software profiles, you might be better off continuing to store it in the HW profiles so you always know where it is.

• 4 weeks later...
The new save system allows you to save to hardware from any software profile, not just the special HW profiles. When you have save information in a specific software profile, it will “fill in” the icon so you can tell where you’ve stashed your hardware save lighting while looking at the profile list. However, if you are like me and have a ridiculous number of software profiles, you might be better off continuing to store it in the HW profiles so you always know where it is.

Pardon me for bumping old threads, I was on the lastest iCue... and running H100i Pro XT 240mm...

like many other mentioned in this thread, i can't see the ' save to device ' after configured pump profile and fan profiles...

I only know that the HW lightning is for during boot up until into windows. which it did save after shutdown when first configured.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, I'm suddenly getting an error message with my K70 MK.2 in icue 3.33.246,

Fist error - "Device is no longer detected or there was an issue with deleting the profile. Please reconnect your device and try again". did all that, same error followed by the below -

Error message "There is an error detected with your device's onboard profiles. One or more profiles are corrupted or undetectable. The profiles affected will be delted from your onboard storage and will need to be resaved again".

After that I went to the keyboard to save a profile,

Onboard profiles are all empty, hit save to slot 1, doesnt like it, causes it to bring the first error message up again.... Any clues anyone?