Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming Headset Software 2.0.37

Corsair James

I've had a set of H2100's for a month now, and for the most part they are a great headset. I'm quite tolerant with minor issues, don't normally complain, and I'm happy to play around with my sound settings to iron out slight problems. But the big problem I have, which has been mentioned before, is when enabling surround sound through the Corsair control panel it makes voice chat unbearable. The way it tries to apply surround effects to chat is painful, making people sound like you're talking to them in a shipping container.

My only real "fix" so far is to download the Razer software as other people have done, which doesn't cause any issues at all with chat. I would prefer to use the Corsair software, as handicapped as it may be, because I would like to think that some of the money I paid for these things actually goes towards software development and improvement.

What I'd love to see implemented is at least one of two features. The first would be to add an option to disable surround effects for voice chat software, or the second would be to have (if possible) a virtual device in the sound panel which would be detected purely as a communications device and used for that purpose alone. This "virtual device" is a feature that my last Turtle Beach set had, and it worked quite well until it died on me.

I hope my suggestions are considered and don't just fall upon deaf ears, because I'd love to use this headset to its full ability, instead of having to compromise one feature to make another work correctly.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 today, and i can't voice enough how disappointed i am.

I'm using the old drivers 2.0.35 from SEPTEMBER 2014 (as i failed to find any more recent drivers from the official website). After reading this thread, i'm not the only one experiencing these major issues, and still no update since september.

-At volume level 0: i can still hear whatever is playing on my computer. At volume level 2: it's too loud.

I found a thread where some people managed to temporarily fix this issue by installing another program to control the volume... What the hell? You don't allow allow your customers to enjoy your product unless they install some random non-official program to bypass this issue?

-When i mute the mic, it starts flashing bright blue/red and there isnt the option to stop that. What's that? A police officer badge? I have 3 computer devices with LEDs (mouse, keyboard, former headset) and all of them offer the option to turn on/off the LEDs, or at least to modify their brightness. On the corsair headset? NOTHING.

I tried the headset on 3 different computers, including a brand new one (tested on win7/8 x64) and the volume issue is the same. I thought i had a defective product but after looking up on google and this forum, they're either all defective or corsair simply screwed up there.

I hope these major issues will be fixed asap because i cant be bothered to go back to the shop to get them exchanged for another brand set.

Corsair please fix drivers for 1500. The sound is too loud, i can clearly hear on 0% sound and the mic is so silent that my friends can't hear me below 90-100% mic sens on win 8.1.

Please do it faster, because i can see the drivers are old!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 1500v2, after many years using the 1500V1 with the old driver (i guess is the 1.1.1 about everyone is talking about) because new ones are never been that good. That said, i bought the "same" headset because 1500 had really a good quality, comfortable, and i was afraid about change at all with another product, even if i paid more now that 2 or 3 years ago when i bought the v1... now only because there is a "V2" and minor improve i should pay the same amount (or even more in my case).

But well, the price is not the problem. I've read in many posts that the V2 is almost the same as the V1, with an improved mic (still didn't tried it with someone else, i probably would kill their ears, lets wait 'till it will not be necessary) and audio. I've also read that the V2 are compatible with the old driver (i wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't), so i just plugged the new headset in a PC that used the V1 untill yesterday and i was expecting the same quality audio and stuff (maybe better, but the same was fine for me). That never happened. The quality is for sure worse, the 7.1 (always used it with V1) gave me an headache, and i still didn't find a setting that sounds natural. I don't know if i will ever find a solution, but for the moment i'm switching back to the V1: i changed it ONLY because the headset is almost broken, due to my fault, and sometimes the audio stops untill, playing with the cable, i don't find a position that give me the audio back. But that's a my problem, as i said V1 was awesome, i couldn't find someone selling V1 so i bought V2. And now that is what i've got. A new versione that is worse then the old one and i wasted 100 euros.

Tried new drivers, the problem is still here plus new problems as almost everyone in other posts. V1>V2: how?

Also i didn't noticed an administrator picking up the problem in the entire forum.

For the moment i will give a last try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers...even if it means lose all my profiles and specs. If someone found a good setting with the 1500V2, please, help me. I will keep googling for a solution.

Hello hello,

Just wanted to ask a quick question,

I have a Corsair vengance 1500 that I'm using on a new machine (5930K)

Right now its just plug and play (2.1). I need to install the software for the 7.1 but I have been reading about all these new driver problems here.

Right now they are working, but in a game its Blah. But I need them to work regardless.

So my question is, should I install the new software? 2.0.35 ?

Or just let it be for now, as I say. I really need them to work even if it is 2.1 :(

Also I have this set up using an old driver on a different machine, works great (posted pic). Is it possible to find these somewhere & install these drivers?

27203357_Corsairpanel.thumb.jpg.372ea36008f5713b9690d6d8479eaada.jpg

Edited by bobbagels

hey all using the vengence 1500 v2 and i cant get any of the software to work on my PC, the only one i have been able to get working is v1.1 why is this happening and is there a fix for it? the software installs but it crashes on start up Edited by Optoz

My Vengeance 1500 v2 headset itself is really good.

But let's be honest this driver on Windows 8.1 is pure and utter garbage.

Speaker volume is way too high, microphone is way too low. I have to correct it with 3rd party software that make it buzzing in Steam...

Also installing 1.1.1 in Win7 compatibility mode seems to freeze.

I really feel like I wasted my money on this and starting to lose hope to ever have a good driver. If Corsair does not fixes it quickly or at least acknowledge the problem (that A LOT of people seem to have too judging by the threads in this forum) I am done with Corsair products of any kind...

Any word on a new driver in development to fix the high volume/low mic level issues?

It'd be nice to have a "microphone background noise reduction" option like in 1.1 drivers but it's been asked for since 8.1's release and till no-where to be seen. Cmon corsair this shouldn't take a year and a half to get this rolled out.

It's a joke people have to use razor's software as a workaround otherwise i would of purchased a razor headset :eek:

Corsair Gaming Headset Software is not responding for me and when it does finally load, CPU usage sits at 8% until I stop the service. I noticed the CPU usage went on overnight since I was trying to find out how much CPU usage my plex server was using... Corsair Gaming Headset Software was utilizing more CPU usage than my plex server was transcoding videos all night.

How shameful that an update has not been released since September to fix obvious issues that users have been reporting.

How shameful that an update has not been released since September to fix obvious issues that users have been reporting.

The majority of people won't buy any corsair products that require software in future that have been burned by these issues. I for one have waited patiently for an update but have resorted to using razor's software to give me the features that this update and any since 8.1's release could not. It's a joke i have to use another manufacturer's kit to support this headset fully :mad:

The majority of people won't buy any corsair products that require software in future that have been burned by these issues. I for one have waited patiently for an update but have resorted to using razor's software to give me the features that this update and any since 8.1's release could not. It's a joke i have to use another manufacturer's kit to support this headset fully :mad:

Really sad...

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on a new driver in development to fix the high volume/low mic level issues?

If you have a 1500v1 using the 1.1.1 drivers fixes that if you use Windows 7 support.

Personally I would love it if they kept the sound qualkity of that driver with the 3D positioning of 2.0.35...

It has been too long, been waiting since April 2012. We are really in need of an update. C'mon Corsair! You can do eeet!

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
seems corsair has not still fixed the too loud sound on the 1500 headset, my sound is on 2% and that is the lowest from 0% that van have, and example the youtube video sound that cant be changed on corsairs website makes the headset to have so high sound that i can hear the sound from an another room

ANY UPDATE?!?!? Come on Corsair you were doing so well a few months back and now you have dropped off again. We have many users looking forward to another driver release. Also, Windows 10 is quite close.... are you working to support that OS as well?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok downloaded updated software fpr my 1500 headset and still my headset sounds like its in the bathroom (THIS HAS BEEN STATED BY NUMEROUS PEOPLE) in the past but still it is not fixed it sounds like over the top reverb or echo or like your in an auditorium.

also the newer software has less function than the older software ie: speaker set up and placement.

i am actually using vers1.11 in windows 7 compatibility this gives me all the sound how it should be nice and clear and gives all setup options back.

i know im not the only one with this issue as ive read it here several times and it does not fill you with joy to pay top dollar for some decent sound only to find the software is broke lol